Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Skaski. Pls check the translation.

Почтенный гражданин Martin Miles's Avatar

The Two Women

Две жены
    Однажды утром мужчина увидел растение с светками навстречу сольнце в востоке. Тогда он встретил старуху, которая ушла от церкви, и попросил её, растение ли было солнухом. -Нет-, ответила старуха.
    После обеда увидел вновь растение, но в другом месте, и с светками навстречу сольнце в запде. Он попросил девушки, оно ли было солнухом. -Да-, ответила девушка.
    Мораль Секретен нет.

The Two Women
    One day, in the morning, a man saw a plant with its flowers facing the sun in the East. Then he met an old woman, who had just come out of church, and he asked her if the plant was a sunflower. "No answered the old woman.
    In the afternoon he saw the plant again, in another place with its flowers facing the sun in the West. He asked a young woman if it was a sunflower. "Yes", answered the young woman.
    Moral: Nothing is ever hidden for long.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Пожалуйста, кто-то скажи мне, есть ли ошибки где-то.

The Dog and the Bone (2)

Собака и Кость
    Однажды мужчина увидел собаки с костью во рту. Сказал он, -Почему, собака, ты гризешь ту кость? не знаешь, что на неё нет мяса?Сказала собака, - грызу кость, потому что хочу мой зубы всегда быть резкими-. Тогда, когда собака показала её резки зубы мужчине, тут же ушёл он от её.

Мораль: Каждый - своё.

The Dog and the Bone
    One day, a man saw a dog with a bone in its mouth. Said he, Why dog, are you gnawing that bone? Don't you know that there is no meat on it? Said the dog, I am gnawing at the bone, because I wish my teeth always to be sharp. Then, when the dog showed her teeth to the man, he left her straight away.

Moral: Each to his own.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Sinking of the RMS Lusitania

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

1915 painting of the sinking.
    Date 7 May 1915
    Time 14:10 – 14:28
    Location North Atlantic Ocean, near Old Head of Kinsale, Ireland
    Cause Torpedoed by German U-boat.
    Outcome
    • 1,198 of the 1,959 people aboard killed, leaving 761 survivors.
    • Turned international opinion against Germany and led towards American entry into World War I.

The sinking of the Cunard ocean liner RMS Lusitania occurred on 7 May 1915 during the First World War, as Germany waged submarine warfare against Britain. The ship was identified and shot by torpedoes by the German U-boat U-20 and sank in 18 minutes. The vessel went down 11 miles (18 km) off the Old Head of Kinsale,[1] Ireland, killing 1,198 of the 1,959 people aboard, leaving 761 survivors. The sinking turned public opinion in many countries against Germany, contributed to the American entry into World War I and became an iconic symbol in military recruiting campaigns of why the war was being fought.[2]
    Lusitania had the misfortune to fall victim to torpedo attack relatively early in the First World War, before tactics for evading submarines were properly implemented or understood. The contemporary investigations both in the UK and the United States into the precise causes of the ship's loss were obstructed by the needs of wartime secrecy and a propaganda campaign to ensure all blame fell upon Germany. Argument over whether the ship was a legitimate military target raged back and forth throughout the war as both sides made misleading claims about the ship. At the time she was sunk, she was carrying a large quantity of rifle ammunition and other supplies necessary for a war economy, as well as civilian passengers. Several attempts have been made over the years since the sinking to dive to the wreck seeking information about precisely how the ship sank, and argument continues to the current day.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Спасибо.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Miles View Post
    Собака и Кость

The Dog and the Bone
    One day, a man saw a dog with a bone in its mouth. Said he, Why dog, are you gnawing that bone? Don't you know that there is no meat on it? Said the dog, I am gnawing at the bone, because I wish my teeth always to be sharp. Then, when the dog showed her teeth to the man, he left her straight away.

Moral: Each to his own.
    Однажды мужчина увидел собаку с костью во рту. Он сказал, -Почему, собака, ты грызешь эту кость? Разве ты не знаешь, что на ней нет мяса? Собака отвечала, - Я грызу кость, потому что хочу чтобы мои зубы всегда были острыми-. Затем, когда собака показала свои зубы мужчине, он тут же ушёл от неё.

Мораль: Каждому своё.

The previous variant was translated much better.

Две жены же́нщины
    Однажды утром мужчина увидел растение с светками цветка́ми, навстречу обращёнными сольнце к со́лнцу в на востоке. Тогда пото́м он встретил старуху, которая ушла шла от из церкви, и попросил спроси́л её, растение ли было солнухом подсо́лнух ли э́то.
    — Нет, — ответила старуха.
    После обеда он вновь увидел вновь растение, но в другом месте, и с светками цветка́ми, навстречу обращёнными сольнце к со́лнцу в на запде. Он попросил спроси́л у девушки, оно ли было солнухом подсо́лнух ли э́то.
    — Да, — ответила девушка.
    Мораль: Секретен нет Секре́тов нет (?).
    Please correct my English

zxc
    Почтенный гражданин
    The moral reminds me of a Biblical passage from Luke 8:17:

Нет ничего тайного, что не стало бы явным, и нет ничего сокрытого, что не стало бы известным и не вышло на свет.

Ясно тебе цвет красный нравится, soft sign. Thanks to you both.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Злой скончиться в тенях, потому что силой никто не будет убедителем.
    One of the lines from the Old Testament that I frequently remember, zxc.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Spasibo, Vlad.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Ясно тебе цвет красный нравится, soft sign.
    How should I markup corrections?

zxc
    Почтенный гражданин
    Ясно тебе цвет красный нравится, soft sign. Thanks to you both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft sign View Post
    How should I markup corrections?
    Думаю, что был самоуничижительной юмор.

Husband and Wife, a Skazka

Одна ночь, было этот разговор между мужьем и женой.
    Муж Хотя усмирнить жену Знаешь, жена, изобрататель холодильника вероятно думал о женщине.
    Жена Почему
    Муж Потому что у холодильника есть три отсека, и много обьектов в ник входят.
    Женщина И обратетель оружя
    Мораль Женщина лучее друг человека.
    One night there was this conversation between a hasband and wife, etc., as in the story of the wife and refrigerator, but with a different ending.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Shadows

Давным-давно, когда часов нет, время знавалoся тенями. Утром, когда тень тела - более долгa тела, сейчас шесть час . Вновь утром, кoгда тень тела - равнa тела в должности, сейчас девят час. Когда сольнце - прямо вверх, сейчас полдень. После обеда, когда тень тела равнa тела в должности, но на другом боку, сейчас три часа. Вновь, после обеда, когда тень тела - более долгa тела, но на другом боку, сейчас шесть часа. И ночью, тени нет.

Non-literal English vesion:
    Long ago, when they were no clocks, you could tell the time by means of shadows. In the morning, when the body's shadow is greater than the length of the body, the time is six o'clock. Again, in the morning, when the shadow of the body was equal to the length of the body, the time is nine o'clock. When the sun is directly above, the time is midday. In the afternoon, when the shadow is equal to the length of the body, but on the other side, it is three o'clock. Again, in the evening, when the shadow is longer than the body, but on the other side, the time is six o'clock. At night, there are no shadows.

Please correct the Russian version, rather than trying to translate the English version, which was written second, into Russian. And try to find as many mistakes as you can. I just love to be corrected.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Dmitry Khomichuk
    Давным-давно, когда не было часов, время узнавалось при помощи теней. Утром, когда тень от тела больше длины тела, время - шесть часов. Снова утром, кoгда тень от тела равна по длине телу, время - девять часов. Когда солнце прямо над вами, время - полдень. После обеда, когда тень равнa длине тела, но с другой стороны, время - полдень. Снова вечером, когда тень длиннее тела, но на другой стороне, время - шесть часов. Ночью теней нет.
    You can use "это шесть часов" instead of "время - шесть часов"

Quote Originally Posted by zxc View Post
    Думаю, что это был самоуничижительноый юмор.
    (At least three damned characters!!!)

Почётный участник
    Однажды ночью состоялся такой разговор между мужем и женой:
    Муж хотел успокоить (?) жену:
    - Знаешь, жена, изобретатель холодильника, вероятно, думал о женщине.
    Жена: - Почему?
    Муж: - Потому что у холодильника три отсека, и в них много чего помещается!
    Жена: - И обладатель оружия? (не понял, что вы имеете в виду).

Мораль: Женщина - лучщий друг человека!

My Father Father's House, a skazka

Дом Моего Отца
    Десять веков назад, церковь была грозное место. Свое положение -среда кладбищя- было грозно. Bнутрь слишался музыка, странна к ухам мужиков. Священник говорил странный язык. Хуже всего были образы убийства, пытки, злоупотребления младенцов, и также памятники смертних, которые нашлися на стенах. Ясно мотив странной музыки, и стрaнного языка, грозних образов, был направить страх Бога. Но именно кто был этим Богом? Чего ли был он Богом?
    copyright Martin Miles 2012

My Father's House
    Ten centuries ago, a church was a terrible place. It's situation, in the middle of a graveyard, was terrible. Inside was heard music strange to the ears of peasants. The priest spoke a strange language. worst of all were the images of murdre, torture, and the abuse of children, and the memorials to the dead to be found on the walls. Clearly, the motive of the strange music, and the strange language, and the terrible pictures was to teach the fear of God. But exactly who was this God? Of what was he the god?

En la Casa de mi Padre
    Hace diez siglos, una iglesia era un sitio terrible. Terrible era su posición en el medio de un cemeterio. Adentro, tocaron y cantaron una musica que era ajena a los oídos de la gente comuna. El clérigo hablaba una lengua ajena. Pero, mucho más peor, eran las imágenes del homicidio, de la tortura, y del abuso de los nenes, y tambien las inscripciones funebres, colocados en los muros. Por supuesto, la única razón por todas las cosas terribles, fue para enseñar el miedo del Díos. Pero, exactamente quién era este díos, quién era adorado en el medio de un cemeterio? De qué era el patron?

Секрет удачы испанского языка как мирного языка - именно что он легко учиться.
    Last edited by Martin Miles; September 4th, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

The Man and the Fruit-tree

Мужчина и Дерево с Фруктами

Однажды мужчина подшёл к дереву, которое рождало яблока, и спросил дерева, почему оно произвло фрукт. Дерево ответил, что мужчины - крепкие, и могут легко убить дерева, позтому, с надеждой пережить, слабое давает к крепкему.

One day, a man went up to a tree which bore apples, and asked the tree why it bore fruit. The tree replied, that men are strong, and can easily kill trees, so, with the hope of surviving, the weak give to the strong.

Человек и фруктовое дерево.

Однажды человек подошел к дереву, которое давало яблоки. Он спросил у дерева, почему оно давало яблоки. Дерево ответило, что люди сильные и могут легко уничтожить деревья, поэтому, в надежде выжить, слабый дает что-то сильному.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Властелин
    Человек и фруктовое дерево.

Однажды человек подошел к дереву, которое давало яблоки. Он спросил у дерева, почему оно давало яблоки. Дерево ответило, что люди сильные и могут легко уничтожить деревья, поэтому, в надежде выжить, слабый дает что-то сильному.

i tried to make it not very formal, though it could have been translated in a more formal style to make it look more parable-like...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast