Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Sochi Olympics and the Law against Gays in Russia +

Почтенный гражданин
    As far as I remember, deputy Milonov from St Petersburg was among early proponents of anti-"gay propaganda" laws in Russia.
    Many people ridiculed him on the Internet:

В этом городе-герое Ленинграде, Ленинграде
    Из окна летят помои и бомжи в парадке гадят
    А еще мы стадиона года ждем уже четыре
    Говорят, что виноваты голубые

Из-за них недоедаем, из-за них болеют дети,
    Мало Пушкина читаем - так написано в газете
    Но защитник благородный есть на страже у морали
    Победит кого угодно Виталий

Припев:
    Милонов борется с геями - борется с гея...
    Милонов борется с геями - борется!

Было очень неспокойно на концерте у Мадонны
    Говорят, что содомиты прорвались через кордоны
    И плясали оголенно, не скрывая гениталий
    Ах, хорошо, что в Ленинграде есть Виталий

Очень трудно нам, ребята, тяжело, друзья, живется
    Даже в школьном амфитеатре про мужицкий секс поется
    Даже радуга на небе намекает на плохое
    А за ней еще и небо голубое!

Припев

Ты живи себе не парься, с мужиком не обнимайся
    Моисеева не слушай - позабудь про revolution

Припев
    Deborski likes this.

Почтенный гражданин
    Can't help bringing this up: Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years
    I think this sarcastic piece perfectly summarises feelings of ordinary heterosexual person about gay parades
    Deborski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmixiv View Post
    I am afraid you are communicating with real Nazis, Deborski. You'd better leave that forum. As they say now: only пуля в лоб can cure them.
    Hahahaha, funny. But to be clear I am certainly not saying anyone in this thread is a neo-Nazi ))))))
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Quote Originally Posted by xdns View Post
    As far as I remember, deputy Milonov from St Petersburg was among early proponents of anti-"gay propaganda" laws in Russia.
    Many people ridiculed him on the Internet:

В этом городе-герое Ленинграде, Ленинграде
    Из окна летят помои и бомжи в парадке гадят
    А еще мы стадиона года ждем уже четыре
    Говорят, что виноваты голубые

Из-за них недоедаем, из-за них болеют дети,
    Мало Пушкина читаем - так написано в газете
    Но защитник благородный есть на страже у морали
    Победит кого угодно Виталий

Припев:

Было очень неспокойно на концерте у Мадонны
    Говорят, что содомиты прорвались через кордоны
    И плясали оголенно, не скрывая гениталий
    Ах, хорошо, что в Ленинграде есть Виталий

Очень трудно нам, ребята, тяжело, друзья, живется
    Даже в школьном амфитеатре про мужицкий секс поется
    Даже радуга на небе намекает на плохое
    А за ней еще и небо голубое!

Припев

Припев

That's actually kinda funny... it sounds like it's making fun of the "gay propaganda laws" and making a statement that there are BIGGER ISSUES in Russia which people are being distracted from... to which I would agree. We have the same problem with different kinds of distractions in America too, which prevent us from discussing more important things. But certain populist issues will get people's patriotic fervor going and they will forget other problems real fast.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Can't help bringing this up: Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years
    I think this sarcastic piece perfectly summarises feelings of ordinary heterosexual person about gay parades
    Actually, that article was hilarious!

The parade, organized by the Los Angeles Gay And Lesbian And Bisexual And Transvestite And Transgender Alliance (LAGALABATATA), was intended to "promote acceptance, tolerance, and equality for the city's gay community." Just the opposite, however, was accomplished, as the event confirmed the worst fears of thousands of non-gay spectators, cementing in their minds a debauched and distorted image of gay life straight out of the most virulent right-wing hate literature.
    Hahaha.... oh that's so true. That's why so many gays and lesbians in the US are tired of all this "over the top" wackiness. I actually think it offends them more than heteros these days, which may explain why the pride parades I've been to are nothing like those described here. I've never seen giant phallus floats or people waving dildos... ever... our pride parades were just people, walking down the street, carrying rainbow flags. Of course, I do not live in Los Angeles!

Почтенный гражданин
    Now, my opinion about recent anti-"gay propaganda" laws in my country:

I think that our MPs, probably, have nothing more important to do.
    So they have to make up these rubbish laws which criminalize so called "gay propaganda", insults of "religious feelings" etc.
    They even suggested a law to ban Russian mat on the Internet (I wouldn't be surprised if they approve that law too)!
    It is nothing but bigotry and cheap moralism.
    Opposition speakers nicknamed current Duma as a "mad printer" because of these non-agenda laws.

I'm not very fond of gay parades as a heterosexual (they are just not my type of parades ).
    I'm sceptical about gay "marriage", because I think it steals some special "olde" feeling about marriage as a union of woman and man. I do, however, support civil unions for gays.
    I'm undecided about adoptions by gay couples. I think that traditional couples should at least have priority in this matter - because child can't choose by himself and should be given a chance to end up with a traditional family first.

BUT these scum dressed in all those "God forbid" T-shirts who come to beat harmless campaigners should be put in jail! Our society should not tolerate violence.

Now, my opinion about recent anti-"gay propaganda" laws in my country:

I think that our MPs, probably, have nothing more important to do.
    So they have to make up these rubbish laws which criminalize so called "gay propaganda", insults of "religious feelings" etc.
    They even suggested a law to ban Russian mat on the Internet (I wouldn't be surprised if they approve that law too)!
    It is nothing but bigotry and cheap moralism.
    Opposition speakers nicknamed current Duma as a "mad printer" because of these non-agenda laws.

I'm not very fond of gay parades as a heterosexual (they are just not my type of parades ).
    I'm sceptical about gay "marriage", because I think it steals some special "olde" feeling about marriage as a union of woman and man. I do, however, support civil unions for gays.
    I'm undecided about adoptions by gay couples. I think that traditional couples should at least have priority in this matter - because child can't choose by himself and should be given a chance to end up with a traditional family first.

BUT these scum dressed in all those "God forbid" T-shirts who come to beat harmless campaigners should be put in jail! Our society should not tolerate violence.
    That about sums up my feelings too. The laws against "offending the sensibilities of religious people" especially bother me! But we have a large, very vocal, group of people in the US who would LOVE to have the same "cheap moralistic laws" here. (great expression by the way.) I was just reading yesterday how there are seven states which have laws against atheists serving the governments. Seven states with constitutions which basically say "any man may serve in a civil capacity - provided that he believe in the Almighty God." I wish I was kidding.

"any man may serve in a civil capacity - provided that he believe in the Almighty God."
    OMG! I will never visit Olympic games in America, then!
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

I am afraid you are communicating with real Nazis, Deborski. You'd better leave that forum. As they say now: only пуля в лоб can cure them.
    What cures the Marxists? Anyway, what would a lefty be doing talking to Russian 'neo-nazis?' This thread keeps getting more comical.

I reiterate, why is it just 'this' issue but neither Westerners nor Russians (here) are complaining about propaganda and denial of rights of others?

Why is there no vocal protest about other places like the Middle East? I agree, there is justification to question the law in Russia but there's a peculiar lack of interest to judge anyone else or other countries.

OMG! I will never visit Olympic games in America, then!
    Oh relax, Max, we promise not to enforce our laws on foreigners

Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post
    What cures the Marxists? Anyway, what would a lefty be doing talking to Russian 'neo-nazis?' This thread keeps getting more comical.

I reiterate, why is it just 'this' issue but neither Westerners nor Russians (here) are complaining about propaganda and denial of rights of others?

Why is there no vocal protest about other places like the Middle East? I agree, there is justification to question the law in Russia but there's a peculiar lack of interest to judge anyone else or other countries.
    Clearly you have not seen one of my other recent posts about atrocities going on in Muslim countries.

8 “Pastafarians” Detained in Moscow During Unsanctioned "Pasta Procession" | Russia | RIA Novosti

Looks like gays are not the only ones being persecuted by the Russian Orthodox Church...

From this article:

MOSCOW, August 17 (RIA Novosti) – A “pasta procession” by the Russian followers of the not-so-serious Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was dispersed in Moscow on Saturday by riot police and Orthodox activists, the prankster movement said.

The Moscow police press service told RIA Novosti that eight “Pastafarians” were detained for "attempting to hold an unsanctioned rally."
    Does anyone else agree that this is a ridiculous exercise of police power? And why do "Orthodox activists" feel like they must suppress every group that is not in lockstep with them? Isn't anyone worried about the Church having so much control over the state?

Is simply having FUN "нелзя"?

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    8 “Pastafarians” Detained in Moscow During Unsanctioned "Pasta Procession" | Russia | RIA Novosti

Looks like gays are not the only ones being persecuted by the Russian Orthodox Church...

From this article:

Does anyone else agree that this is a ridiculous exercise of police power? And why do "Orthodox activists" feel like they must suppress every group that is not in lockstep with them? Isn't anyone worried about the Church having so much control over the state?

The problem there is, the state has WAY TOO MUCH control over the people. Once it loses the excessive control, what Orthodox activists think will no longer matter.

Banned
    Isn't anyone worried about the Church having so much control over the state?
    Yeah, Russia is using the Church to control minds of the crowd, the same way the US does, that might be a bigger issue in future of the nation
    And why do "Orthodox activists" feel like they must suppress every group that is not in lockstep with them?
    There is a hidden issue here
    Russian Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster chose abbreviation РПЦ - Русская Пастафарианская Церковь, the same abbreviation which describes Russian Orthodox Church - Русская Православная Церковь
    I do believe that abbreviation has been chosen specifically to mock Russian Orthodox church, alas Russian nationalists are also pro-Orthodox and they don't like being mocked
    alexsms likes this.

Isn't anyone worried about the Church having so much control over the state?
    Many people. However, "попы умеют дружить"
    The talent to choose right friends is crucial if you are going to have limitless power.
    Deborski likes this.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    Yeah, Russia is using the Church to control minds of the crowd, the same way the US does, that might be a bigger issue in future of the nation

There is a hidden issue here
    Russian Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster chose abbreviation РПЦ - Русская Пастафарианская Церковь, the same abbreviation which describes Russian Orthodox Church - Русская Православная Церковь
    I do believe that abbreviation has been chosen specifically to mock Russian Orthodox church, alas Russian nationalists are also pro-Orthodox and they don't like being mocked
    But even if they are mocking the ROC, so what? As long as they are not vandalizing church property (as Pussy Riot did and was harshly sentenced for!) why should it matter what people say? Why is the state suddenly protecting the ROC with so much fervor?

Banned
    Why is the state suddenly protecting the ROC with so much fervor?
    Hm, i guess I need to write it one more time
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post

I'd like to add that so far no openly gay people have joined in on this thread either, but so what?
    *sniffle* If anyone wants me, I'll be over here with the rest of the chopped liver...
    Lampada, alexsms and Deborski like this.

Hmmm, I'm "queer as a three-dollar-bill" and I agree with you on all of these points. Although on the subject of gay parades, I will admit that the FIRST one I ever attended (just about 20 years ago, when I was in college) was very significant to me. And I think that a lot of other gay people would say that these parades can be valuable when you're just beginning the process of "выход из подполья". But after the novelty wears off, you start to realize: "Wow, this is kind of stupid."
    Lampada, alexsms and Deborski like this.

That's why so many gays and lesbians in the US are tired of all this "over the top" wackiness. I actually think it offends them more than heteros these days, which may explain why the pride parades I've been to are nothing like those described here. I've never seen giant phallus floats or people waving dildos... ever... our pride parades were just people, walking down the street, carrying rainbow flags. Of course, I do not live in Los Angeles!
    When I lived in NYC (1996-2003), I was surprised at how low-key and even "family friendly" the Brooklyn gay parade was compared with the BIG one in Manhattan, just a few miles away. Another thing to keep in mind about the really huge gay parades in some cities is that they are, to some degree, deliberate imitations of the "Carnavale" and "Mardi Gras" traditions:
    Deborski likes this.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast