Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Sochi Olympics and the Law against Gays in Russia +

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    There have certainly been some cases of that in the US -- self-described "LGBT activists" who write graffiti like Kill the faggots! on their own cars, then call the police to report a homophobic crime.
    Maybe they got irritated with HD bikers at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Юрка View Post
    Логичнее предположить, что кто-то работает под гомофобов. Сами сочинили, сами сфотографировали, сами возмутились. Америка же платит, чего ж не поиграться.
    Сами предположили, сами в это поверили. Сами придумали, сами обвинили... Сами уверены, что все в эти сказки поверят. Очень логично.
    Deborski likes this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

If that letter was authentic, I would call it "over the top!". I know lots of dudes that wear bright colors and they aren't gay, lol!
    But I do think this is kinda over the top. It happens in America too and they should at least help clean up the mess when they finish. I mean, I understand that he's a leading activist but they didn't arrest him so he shouldn't be unfairly punished with a huge mess to clean up. And why take the electronic stuff when they could just download even terabyte HDD's and SSD's onto flash drives?
    Russia's Leading Gay Activist's Home Raided | www.kirotv.com

And this is way over the top! Like the Coca-Cola comany would really suffer if gays didn't drink cokes, lol!
    Gay Rights Coke Protests Over Sochi Olympics

I'm trying to stay open about all this but if the west has gay reporters to cover the games, I'll watch the games on Russian TV!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Сами предположили, сами в это поверили. Сами придумали, сами обвинили... Сами уверены, что все в эти сказки поверят. Очень логично.
    Как бы Вам объяснить...
    1) Ну, это как сирийские террористы. Сами применили химию, подарив США информационный повод начать войну. А США сделали вид, что поверили в то, что это сирийская армия применила, потому что им хочется начать войну. Тут тот же приём, но с бумажкой. Вы вообще слышал об идеологической войне?.. Если она есть, то должны быть и примеры, логично? Ну дык.

2) К тому же, не вам ли не знать, что всё вертится вокруг денег. Если на мышиную возню выделяются деньги, то будьте уверены, возня будет.
    UhOhXplode likes this.

^ I don't know how I missed that. But I already decided that the "painting" episode was the same thing - another tool that could be used against Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by UhOhXplode View Post
    I
    And this is way over the top! Like the Coca-Cola comany would really suffer if gays didn't drink cokes, lol!
    Gay Rights Coke Protests Over Sochi Olympics
    Two examples of English gay slang that seem appropriate here:

"Oh, Mary, please..." (sarcastically expresses Серьёзно?!, or С меня хватит! -- a bit old-fashioned, but still heard)
    drama queen -- someone who is ALWAYS "over-the-top"

Neither of these seems to have equivalents in Russian gay slang, however. (But English speakers might be interested to know that "Он в теме?" is basically equivalent to "Is he a friend of Dorothy?" -- i.e., a coded way of saying "Is he gay?")
    Deborski and UhOhXplode like this.
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

Two examples of English gay slang that seem appropriate here:

"Oh, Mary, please..." (sarcastically expresses Серьёзно?!, or С меня хватит! -- a bit old-fashioned, but still heard)
    drama queen -- someone who is ALWAYS "over-the-top"

Neither of these seems to have equivalents in Russian gay slang, however. (But English speakers might be interested to know that "Он в теме?" is basically equivalent to "Is he a friend of Dorothy?" -- i.e., a coded way of saying "Is he gay?")
    Props for that! I've been avoiding slang as much as I can since it's a Russian site. But yeah, drama queen or drama llama woulda worked. They just needa moss, lol! Maybe listen to some sick tracks and party! I mean, I'm no bird around gays so they really don't needa be chirping so much. Btw, there's some secret codes for American gays too. Peeps that use "boi" instead of "boy" are typically gay. Also, if someone's swag then they're gay.
    But hey, I'm not all over my mains so yeah, I totally am opposed to gay persecution. Protecting the yutes, okay. But not the violence and persecution. But like I said, it's a Russian issue and outsiders will only make things worse.
    Well, Russians are intelligent so maybe they can dream up something that works better than the western LGBT. With the escalating anti-gay violence in the US, they really are looking way out of the loop. They just don't reach and things are getting really cray!

Deborski likes this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Banned
    That would make American LGBT activists jealous
    I doubt anything else would change

Кажется, что ветка заканчивается, а мне хочется предложить список "Героев моего времени":

Гетеросексуальный христианский психолог Warren Throckmorton утверждает, что считать ли "гомосексуальные акты" грехом или нет, всё-таки "ex-gay" лечение чаще всего не действует -- и к тому же, фрейдские теории о происхождении гомосексуализма не имеют малейшую научную основу. Раньше в его практике, Доктор Трокмортон в самом деле был сторонником "экс-гей" лечения, но он постеппено передумывал на основе сотен бесед с ЛГБТ-пациентами. Теперь он говорит другим християнам, что гомосексуальная ориентация (не акты, а сама ориентация) -- это вполно естественное отклонение от норм, которое существует с естественной целью, известной только Богу одному. (Однако, о грешности однополых актов, Трокмортон публичо ничего не утверждает, и ни в чём не отрицает. То есть, в качестве психолга, он не представляет собственное мнение о "правильном толковании" истории Содома, к премеру.)

Гей-активист Bill Weintraub утверждает, что секс между мужчиными всегда должен быть непроникающим -- по его словам, "не меч в ножны, так сказать, а меч о меч" ("not sword into scabbard, so to speak, but sword against sword"). По-видомому, Вайнтрауб частично основывает свои аргументы против пенетрации на раввинском обсуждении в Талмуде -- а он сам совершенно нерелигиозный еврей, и обращается к всем "МСМам" всякой религии и ориентации: и геям, и бисексуалам, и "просто любознательным". И разумеется, он тоже думает, что в эпохе ВИЧа/СПИДа, проникающий секс не стоит риска здоровью. (Его долгосрочный парень-партнёр-любовник заразился ВИЧом в начале 1980ых годов, до того когда пара познакомилась, и спустя 13 лет погиб от СПИДа, а Вайнтрауб до сих пор остаётся ВИЧ-негативным.)

Гетеросексуальный раввин Simchah Roth (покойный) утверждал, что и сексуально активным однополым парам возможно жить в пределах "halakha", т.е. еврейского религиозного закона. И я, говоря как "экс-католик" атеист, считаю что на вольшой степени, ерудиция и аргументы раввина Рота могут говорить и неевреям. (Но, конечно, некоторые подробности касаются лишь тех еврейских геев и лесбиянок, желающих соблюдать "галаху"!) Кстати, в отличии от Трокмортона и Вайнтрауба -- которые давно пишут об "ЛГБТ-вопросах" -- Рот начал рассматривать этот предмет только в последних годах его жизни, когда в "Conservative Jewish" движении в США возникал спор об однополом браке.

If any of my Russian was unclear, I can say it again in English!

ЗЫ: In a comment from this thread, Юрка used the word целомудрие. I don't know about the exact nuances of the Russian word, but the English translation "chastity" does NOT always mean "total abstinence from sex" (the correct word for that is "celibacy"). Instead, "chastity" describes a "morally-ordered sexual life" -- and I would say that Weintraub approaches this subject in a secular way; Throckmorton speaks primarily to Christians, gay and straight; Roth primarily to LGBT Jews (especially those who are religious but non-Orthodox). But "как определяется целомудрие для ЛГБТ?" is a theme common to all three.

Throbert - since you are an "ex-Catholic" - you might find this blog interesting, as well as the book which this man, Troy Fitzgerald, has published, titled "Cults and Closets."

Cults and Closets | Coming Out of Chaos

It was written by a former member of the Worldwide Church of God, the cult my uncle founded which I had the exceedingly bad luck to grow up in. He details his raw story of how he left the church and came out of the closet. I'm in the process of reading it now, and in contact with this writer daily. Powerful, gripping stuff.

Maybe I am hasty in calling it bad luck. After all, it was the WCG which sent me to Soviet Russia (and then pretty much abandoned me there), which was where I finally left the church (was disfellowshipped, actually) and began my slow deconversion journey and exodus from religious belief systems. But, I might never have been able to live in Russia if not for the cult, so in retrospect, perhaps it was a blessing in disguise.

As Sting said, "Men go crazy in congregations but they only get better one by one."
    Throbert McGee likes this.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

на раввинском обсуждении в Талмуде
    Именно, о точном смысле библейского эвфемизма "как с женщиной" (Левит 18:22 и 20:13) -- анг. "as with a woman", ивр. mishkevei ishah.

Сколько чернил -- да и крови -- пролились из-за этих стих?

Очень жаль, что "Б-г" не выражал Свои мысли в прозрачном языке, а везде писал через туманные эвфемизмы!
    maxmixiv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    But, I might never have been able to live in Russia if not for the cult, so in retrospect, perhaps it was a blessing in disguise.
    This is, in general, a healthy attitude to have in life! I've said similar things about my stormy long-term relationship with my first boyfriend (I would never have moved to NYC in the 1990s if not for him), and about my love/hate attitude towards Catholicism and Christianity.

By the way, I didn't leave Christianity because the Catholic church says that gay people are sinners. I left because I ultimately decided that the "redemptive sacrifice" and "substitutionary atonement" narrative is logically impossible to reconcile with monotheism.

I have since changed my opinion slightly -- I now admit that the Death and Resurrection of Christ could total make sense if one assumes that it was essentially a Broadway show produced, written, and directed by God -- and that Jesus and Judas and Pilate and Satan were all actors contracted by God to perform roles authored by God, the playwright. Which is to say, in particular, that Satan and Judas were only pretending to hate Jesus, in the same way that Gene Hackman (as Lex Luthor) pretended to hate Christopher Reeve (as Superman). In other words, the world's first "Passion Play" was the Passion itself.

Сказка ложь, да в ней намек!
    Добрым молодцам урок.

PS. Is there a way to make large, annoying images display at thumbnail size in the MR version of BBCode? (I know how to do it in HTML.)
    Last edited by Throbert McGee; September 7th, 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: IMG file was too large and annoying...
    Deborski likes this.

... утверждает, что считать ли "гомосексуальные акты" грехом или нет, (здесь чего-то не хватает: например: пока достоверно не решено) или может: ...утверждает, что ещё не решено, считать ли ...

...всё-таки "ex-gay" лечение чаще всего не действует -- и к тому же, фрейдские теории о происхождении гомосексуализма не имеют малейшую научную основу под собой ни малейшей научной основы. ...

...Раньше в его практике, Доктор Трокмортон в самом деле в действительности был сторонником "экс-гей" лечения, но, он постепенно передумывал основываясь на сотнях на основе сотен бесед с ЛГБТ-пациентами, поменял своё мнение. ...

...(Однако, о грешности греховности или негреховности однополых актов Трокмортон публично не высказывается. , и ничего не отрицает .

By the way, I didn't leave Christianity because the Catholic church says that gay people are sinners. I left because I ultimately decided that the "redemptive sacrifice" and "substitutionary atonement" narrative is logically impossible to reconcile with monotheism.
    Cognitive dissonance - believing in two ideas which directly contradict one another - is a hallmark of religion.

IE, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son."

You are supposed to believe that God loves us all. But God killed his son.

Thousands of examples of this kind of twisted logic are found all through religious texts, including, but not limited to the Christian Bible.

I can understand some people conceiving of the bible as a kind of allegory (those who take it literally, I will never understand), but even then you have to cherry-pick which scriptures to hold up as examples of morality. The mental gymnastics required to believe to maintain opposing beliefs can make a person crazy, which may help explain why so many religious people are not playing with a full deck.

God is omnipotent. But God needs our help to preach his word. And he needs our money too, if you listen to the Pat Robertsons of the world...

I think George Carlin summed it up the best:

Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Paul G.

А пожалуй, немного bullshit нравится Тому, кто заводит пружину наших солнечных часов...

ЗЫ: The aphorism "God, who winds our sundials" is usually attributed to Georg C. Lichtenberg -- but I can't find it on Wikiquote (or Викицитатник).

Deborski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    ... утверждает, что считать ли "гомосексуальные акты" грехом или нет, (здесь чего-то не хватает: например: пока достоверно не решено) или может: ...утверждает, что ещё не решено, считать ли ...
    Я хотел сказать: "Throckmorton asserts that regardless of whether one considers homosexual acts to be a sin, ex-gay therapy simply doesn't work." In other words, he argues that even religious conservatives who condemn homosexuality should also condemn ex-gay therapy, because it's unscientific.

... И я, говоря как "экс-католик" атеист, считаю, что в большой степени, ерудиция и аргументы раввина Рота могут быть признаны и неевреями.

Рот начал рассматривать/обдумывать/изучать этот предмет только в последние годыего жизни, когда в "Conservative Jewish" движении в США возникал спор об однополых браках.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast