Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie "The Search For John Gissing" - help please!

Старший оракул

Re: The movie "The Search For John Gissing" - help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    - Come on, open...Open the door.
    - What’s the big f*cking idea banging on a locked door then? You wanna break the f*cking door, is that it? Well, who’s gonna clean up and tape up and answer for it all? Me! That thing f*cking gets to.
    - Hey, listen. I'm an employee of the company, okay? I've been transferred here from Chicago. We're here to see John Gissing.
    - Gissing's gone. Had to show some bloody prick and his wife a house he rented for them.
    - That's me! That's us! I'm the bloody prick!
    - And I'm the bloody prick's wife, hi! Can I use your bathroom?
    The underlined words are questionable.
    возможно tape up - залеплять скотчем
    That thing f*cking gets to.- Вот чем это дело кончится.
    Надеюсь умные люди подскажут.

Почтенный гражданин

I think I hear the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by alexB
    [i]- Come on, open...Open the door.
    - What’s the big f*cking idea banging on a locked door then? You wanna break the f*cking door, is that it? Well, who’s gonna clean it up and tape it up and answer for it all? Me! That's who f*cking gets to.
    - Hey, listen. I'm an employee of the company, okay? I've been transferred here from Chicago. We're here to see John Gissing.
    - Gissing's gone. Had to show some bloody prick and his wife a house he rented for them.
    - That's me! That's us! I'm the bloody prick!
    - And I'm the bloody prick's wife, hi! Can I use your bathroom?

Завсегдатай

Thanks! Here's another one please! (Quite a difficult to me...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZfdR_ElSc

- (....) what we said was they would meet out of the house we rented for you. That's where I'm (....) now. (....) out to the office (....) Barnes. This is becoming a very (....) for you, isn't it?
    - No, no, John. This isn't that kind of thing (....) No. We're fine, it's just a mix-up.
    - Are you hungry? While I made my way back, why don't you take your wife; just around the corner (............)
    - (....)
    - (....) sleep. Get you crisp. For that one o'clock tomorrow. I'll see you in twenty minutes.
    - Bye-bye. Good man Gissing. (....)
    - Yeah (....) Come on, let's go.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Старший оракул

- You see, I was sure that what we said was that we'd meet out of the house we rented for you. That's where I'm headed now. The mere idea of dragging you up to the office is beyond me, Barnes. This is becoming a bit of a nightmare for you, isn't it?
    - No, no, John. This isn't that kind of thing that bothers me at all, no. We're fine, it's just a mix-up.
    - Are you hungry? While I make my way back, why don't you take your wife... just around the corner to Galagans, have a meal while you're waiting and put it on the company tab.
    - (....) lunch (...) company table.
    - After plane you'll be needing some sleep. Get you crisp. For that one o'clock tomorrow. I'll see you in twenty minutes.
    - Bye-bye. Good man, Gissing. Top man.
    - Yeah, he's a laugh. Come on, let's go.

Старший оракул

[quote=E-learner]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Оля":vwwzgr0o
    - You see, I was sure that what we said was that we'd meet out of the house we rented for you. That's where I'm headed now. The mere idea of dragging you up to the office is beyond me, Barnes. This is becoming a bit of a nightmare for you, isn't it?
    - No, no, John. This isn't that kind of thing that bothers me at all, no. We're fine, it's just a mix-up.
    - Are you hungry? While I make my way back, why don't you take your wife... just around the corner to Galagan's, have a meal while you wait and put it on the company tab.
    - Just go out lunch and put it on the company tab
    -After plane you'll be needing some
    sleep t'get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow. I'll see you in twenty minutes.
    [/quote:vwwzgr0o]
    out of the house - up at the house
    The mere idea - You know, the idea
    While I make my way back - While I'm making my way back
    Мне услышалось так, хотя разница в децл, извини за выражение.
    After plane - вариантов нет, но явно что-то другое.
    Wait till Ken or somebody else says his/her word.

Почтенный гражданин

I think I hear the following:
    [quote=alexB]
    Quote Originally Posted by E-learner
    Quote Originally Posted by "Оля":5myy486w
    - You see, I was sure that what we said was that we'd meet up at the house we rented for you. That's where I'm headed now. I mean the idea of dragging you up to the office is beyond me, Barnes. This is becoming a bit of a nightmare for you, isn't it?
    - Are you hungry? While I make my way back, why don't you take your wife... just around the corner to Galagan's, have a meal while you wait and put it on the company tab.
    - Just go out lunch and put it on the company tab
    - I should think you'd be needing some sleep. Get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow. I'll see you in twenty minutes.
    [/quote:5myy486w]

Старший оракул

I should think you'd be needing some sleep. Get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow.

Some sound must have been omitted here I think. If it has been what the full version should look like?
    Should it be: “I should think you'd be needing some sleep to get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow” or
    “I should think you'd be needing some sleep. It will get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow” or something else?

Почтенный гражданин

I should think you'd be needing some sleep. Get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow.

Some sound must have been omitted here I think. If it has been what the full version should look like?
    Should it be: “I should think you'd be needing some sleep to get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow” or
    “I should think you'd be needing some sleep. It will get you crisp for that one o'clock tomorrow” or something else?
    AlexB, both of your fuller versions are good. However I just wrote what I heard him say. Another alternative (which I did not hear) could be "Get yourself crisp/fresh for that one o'clock meeting tomorrow."

Старший оракул

Thank you.

Завсегдатай

Thank you, guys!
    Ken, is it a little difficult to make out Mr.Rickman's British speech?

Here's the next excerpt please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aj36-Bq83s

- Closed for lunch. He sent us to a place for lunch that doesn't actually serve lunches. Who is this guy?
    - No, Linda, he's a good guy. He is. He's just busy.
    - He's not busy cooking lunch?

- No, no, Barnes, everything's in order, just if you('ll ask me details??) (....) be done the preparation, and paper what you sent was wonderful, I'm sure you'll have a great job representing it in the morning ... uh... hold on a minute, really. Sorry, (....) just came up. Look, unfortunally, I'm not gonna be (....) get back to take you (....) to the house tonight (....) book you a suit at the Mayfair into ''Continental''. Is that okay?
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Старший оракул

- Closed for lunch. He sent us to a place for lunch that doesn't actually serve lunch. Who is this guy?
    - You know what, Linda, he's a good guy. He is. He's just busy.
    - He's not busy cooking lunch. (She does not ask, she points out that he is busy but not busy cooking them lunch)

- No, no, Barnes, everything's in order, just a few last minute details (You‘ve obviously ) done the preparation, the paper work you sent was wonderful, I'm sure you'll make a great job of presenting you in the morning ...look.. uh... hang on a minute, wiil you? Sorry (about it, that suddenly) just came up. Look, unfortunally, I'm not gonna be (able to) get back to take you (to....) to the house tonight (so I did have to take a liberty of having human resources) book you a suit at the "Mayfair Intercontinental". Is that okay?
    I'm doubtful about underlined parts

Завсегдатай

the paper work you sent was wonderful, I'm sure you'll make a great job of presenting you in the morning ...
    I'm doubtful about underlined parts
    У него утром какая-то важная презентация на каком-то важном совещании и, кажется, это как раз связано с "the paper work you sent", поэтому я подумала, что там должно быть it. Зачем ему представлять себя?

---

Here's the next excerpt please (it's a bit long, 1:20)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYS6u7gQ_WY

- I believe you have a room for us.
    - Yes.
    - Company booked it for us.
    - A suite.
    - Yes! It's a suite.
    - Can I take the name please?
    - Actually what I have is the confirmation number. XCH89KJL as in "Linda". It's okay. You will ............... confirmation is fine. It's fine.
    - He's not finding it.
    - It's okay. In 5 minutes you goona be up in the room (in a big bed?) ... okay? Does this room have a big (toilet??) ? My wife needs .................... How is it.......................... What is that thing........... ...call?
    - Erm... Bidet?
    - Excuse me?
    - It's a... a bidet.
    - Oh, right, right, right, a bidet! We gonna get you a bidet!
    - Okay! Okay, eh... ....... nicest suite in the hotel.

- Thank you.
    - Wow, thank you.
    - Wow! Nice! Okay ........ ten minutes to take a hot shower.
    - Yeah? Name what?
    - Guess.
    - Are you so tired?
    - I am tired, but I'm not ... .................
    - Go! Take a shower!

Не понимаю реплик "Name what?" и "Guess."

Завсегдатай

Не понимаю реплик "Name what?" и "Guess."
    - Yeah? Then what?
    - Guess.

Старший оракул

- Yes.
    - A suite.
    - Yes! It's a suite.
    - Actually what I have is a confirmation number. XCH89KJL as in "Linda". It's okay human resources set this up. You know they didn’t have our name they just put it under the confirmation. It’s fine. It's fine.
    - He's not finding it.
    - It's okay. In 5 minutes you gonna be up in the room (in a big bath tub) okay? Does this room have a big (tub)? My wife needs to throw her clothes off the minute we get in the room and jump in the bath. What is th...what is that thing you guys have over here next to a toilette that looks like a little drinking fountain? What are those called?
    - Erm... Bidet?
    - Excuse me?
    - It's a... a bidet.
    - Okay! Okay, eh. ,you are all taken care of. The Rolton suite nicest suite in the hotel.

- Thank you.
    - Wow, thank you.
    - Wow! Nice! Okay baby give me ten minutes to take a hot shower.
    - Yeah? Then what?
    - Guess.
    - Are you so tired?
    - I am tired, but I'm not wasting this room I don’t care how jet lagged I am.
    - Go! Take a shower! Quick!
    Now you understand what Guess is for.
    to be jet lagged - чувствовать усталость из-за разницы во времени
    The Rolton suite - какой-то там у них крутой номер, может и не Ролтон, не важно.

Почтенный гражданин

- Closed for lunch. He sent us to a place for lunch that doesn't actually serve lunch. Who is this guy?
    - You know what, Linda, he's a good guy. He is. He's just busy.
    - He's not busy cooking lunch.

- No, no, Barnes, everything's in order, just a few last minute details. You‘ve obviously done the preparation, the paper work you sent was wonderful, I'm sure you'll make a great job of presenting it in the morning ...look.. uh... hang on a minute, wiil you? Sorry about that something just came up. Look, unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to get back to take you two to the house tonight, I did however take the liberty of having human resources book you a suite at the "Mayfair Intercontinental". Is that okay?
    Ken, is it a little difficult to make out Mr.Rickman's British speech?
    Well not in this scene because he was speaking very clearly into the phone headset. It was only difficult when the volume level for his voice suddenly went down low during two times when the scene switched away from him. But Mr. Rickman is a witty and gifted actor, who knows how to capture the attention of his audience.

Почтенный гражданин

- Yes.
    - A suite.
    - Yes! It's a suite.
    - Actually what I have is a confirmation number. XCH89KJL as in "Linda". It's okay human resources set this up. You know they didn’t have our name they just put it under a confirmation. It’s fine. It's fine.
    - He's not finding it.
    - It's okay. In 5 minutes you're gonna be up in the room in a big bath tub okay? Does this room have a big tub? My wife needs to throw her clothes off the minute we get in the room and jump in the bath. What is th...what is that thing you guys have over here next to a toilette that looks like a little drinking fountain? What are those called?
    - A ... a Bidet?
    - Excuse me?
    - It's a... a bidet.
    - Okay! Okay, eh. ,you are all taken care of. The Royalton suite nicest suite in the hotel.

- Thank you.
    - Wow, thank you.
    - Wow! Nice! Okay baby give me ten minutes to take a hot shower.
    - Yeah? Then what?
    - Uhm, guess.
    - Oh you're so tired.
    - I am tired, but I'm not wasting this room I don’t care how jet lagged I am.
    - Go! Take a shower! Quick!
    When she asks him to "guess", it means that Barnes is going to get lucky with his beautiful wife after she finishes the shower, that is they will have sex. It is not said, but you can infer this from the tone of her voice and the fact that she does not want to waste the nice room.

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Watts
    When she asks him to "guess", it means that Barnes is going to get lucky with his beautiful wife after she finishes the shower, that is they will have sex. It is not said, but you can infer this from the tone of her voice and the fact that she does not want to waste the nice room.
    Of course I understand it now, Ken, when I know that he asks her "Then what?" I just had misheard it as "Name what", and that question was strange to me.
    Thank you so much for your help!

Завсегдатай

Here's the next scene. I find it really funny. (it seems to be long, but it's about 2 minutes, even less)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jS_7MRP1fE

everywhere because I pay for this room .............

Sometimes I (let?) you, but ...
    ..... I want you.
    ......I'm tired, I'm......
    ......Is this okay......

- Which one of you is Matthew Barnes?
    - I'm Matthew Barnes.
    - You are a .... A common crook. This is my room, young man.
    - ......need me.
    - .....seconds.
    - I don't know what your game is. I have little tolerance for this type of thing. I suggest you call the police.
    - Wait, wait, wait, we can explain.
    - We can explain. We can explain, okay?
    - My husband works for Compu Court..............
    - You work for Compu Court?
    - Yes, I do. I was given your confirmation number (by accident?) it was a mix-up.
    - Ou? Ou?!
    - "Ooh"?
    - Ou, uh?
    - "Ooh ah"?
    - I'm saying, ou?
    - Ooh?
    - I'm saying, ou told you to use my confirmation number? Ou, eh?! Ou?!
    - Oh! Mat, Mat, he's saying "who", baby.
    - You're saying "who"?
    - Ou!
    - Who!
    - Ou!
    - Who!
    - Ou!
    - Who!
    - Ou!
    - Yeah, who!
    - Ou told you, ou?!

Старший оракул

.........everywhere because I’ve payed for this room .............
    - Sometimes I let you, but this is not one of those times
    - I know, I want to.
    - Okay, why don’t you just do that with your prison friends? I'm tired, I'm bloated
    - Is this okay. Is this good......

- Which one of you is Matthew Barnes?
    - I'm Matthew Barnes.
    - You are a phoney, a common crook. This is my room, young man.
    - I’ll be in the bathroom if anybody needs me.
    - Wait a second.
    - I don't know what your game is but I have little tolerance for this type of thing. I suggest you call the police.
    - Wait, wait, wait, we can explain.
    - We can explain. We can explain, okay?
    - My husband works for Compu Court that ... us kind of screw up.
    - My husband works for Compu Court
    - ......no don’t ....is the chairman of.
    - You work for Compu Court?
    - Yes, I do. I was given your confirmation number by accident it was a mix-up.
    - Ou? Ou?!
    - "Ooh"?
    - Ou, uh?
    - "Ooh ah"?
    - I'm saying, ou?
    - Ooh?
    - I'm saying, ou told you to use my confirmation number? Ou, eh?! Ou?!
    - Oh! Mat, Mat, he's saying "who", baby.
    - You're saying "who"?
    - Ou!
    - Who!
    - Ou!
    - Who!
    - Ou!
    - Who!
    - Ou!
    - Yeah, who!
    - Ou told you, ou?!
    After her mentioning his prison friends my guess about what she sometimes lets him makes me shudder.
    But who knows, American and Russian ways and habits differ.

What is bloated I'm not sure. Может ноги отекли или что-то наподобие?

Bloated - это обычно про желудок.
    I feel bloated when I drink water.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast