Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yushchenko Poisoning

Re: Yushchenko Poisoning

Quote Originally Posted by BETEP

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan
    And why should russian media not believe it? Because they say things they don't want to hear?
    Beacuse they live there and see something you don't see.
    Do russians see the siloviki becoming oligarches themselves?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by drew881
    On an off topic question. What do the Russians on this forum think of the presidential candidate from Russia Rybkin who was supposedly drugged and kidnapped and taken to Kiev to film some dirty tapes to blackmail him. When did this happen, two years ago? Is he lying or maybe something like this happened.
    Wasn't that the premise of some Denzel Washington movie?

(I actually vaguely recall that story. I also recall that most people I talked to thought the dude was suffering a mental break or something.)

Почтенный гражданин

Do russians see the siloviki becoming oligarches themselves?
    Be a man; Call their names. Anyway, the situation in Russia is not so easy. There are many things I don't like in Russia, but I see the big lie from both sides. It's not a reason to trust in one side because its lie is more believable.
    Я танцую пьяный на столе нума нума е нума нума нума е
    Снова счастье улыбнулось мне нума нума е нума нума нума е

Старший оракул
    Only one year ago. The Rybkin case was hilarious, but I have no idea what really happened. He said he switched off his phone, that he didn't realize people were looking for him, and then he changed his story ... well it was all a bit of a mess as I remember.
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

Завсегдатай

Nevertheless I don't see anything wrong about CNN international edition and BBC news.
    Nothing wrong, apart from the fact that their programming is as biased as one can possibly imagine. If Goebbels lived, he'd be triumphant.

And The Economist.
    One of the most proper gander ridden rags this world has ever seen.

And why should russian media not believe it? Because they say things they don't want to hear?
    Because all your media does is pump out volumes of proper gander.

Well at least by listening to western media you have a clear picture of how We see Putin and today's russia
    Is that the royal we? Anyway, I can tell you that We couldn't care less.

P.S. You know how We see You? Here's how:
    "It's common knowledge that European countries are tiny compared to the great Russian Fediration. Many people in Europe suffer from an acute inferiority complex. Ever read Krylov's fables? We're the Elephant, you're Mos'ka."
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Линдзи
    On an off topic question. What do the Russians on this forum think of the presidential candidate from Russia Rybkin who was supposedly drugged and kidnapped and taken to Kiev to film some dirty tapes to blackmail him. When did this happen, two years ago? Is he lying or maybe something like this happened.

(I actually vaguely recall that story. I also recall that most people I talked to thought the dude was suffering a mental break or something.)
    Hehe very true. Ricochet with denzel and john lithgow, a very terrible movie but nonetheless good reference.

Почтенный гражданин

Hehe very true. Ricochet with denzel and john lithgow, a very terrible movie but nonetheless good reference.
    Maybe Putin is a Denzel fan, and that's where he got the idea for Rybkin's kidnapping

Even more interesting news.
    So, according to this article, not only Yuscenko was poisoned by dioxine -- but by american dioxine????

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 75,00.html
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    So, according to this article, not only Yuscenko was poisoned by dioxine -- but by american dioxine????

"Mr Yushchenko has forbidden them from disclosing the results, to avoid influencing the re-run of his presidential run-off with the Prime Minister, Viktor Yanukovych, on December 26."

Seriously, WTF? Doesn't it seem relevant whether results implicate purposeful poisoning, especially purposeful poisoning per his accusations, or not? I think that could affect the way I would vote were I in the Ukraine.

"Mr Yushchenko has forbidden them from disclosing the results, to avoid influencing the re-run of his presidential run-off with the Prime Minister, Viktor Yanukovych, on December 26."

Seriously, WTF? Doesn't it seem relevant whether results implicate purposeful poisoning, especially purposeful poisoning per his accusations, or not? I think that could affect the way I would vote were I in the Ukraine.
    I'm not surprised he tries to forbid disclosure of results.
    Just think of public reaction in Ukraine -- if, after weeks of anti-russian hysteria, he'll admit he was poisoned by poison of american origin.

BTW, doesn't it looks very ironic? Leader of "Orange revolution" poisoned by "Agent Orange"... I'm afraid, there should be much more than half of Ukraine laughing at him.
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Give me a break!

I'm not surprised he tries to forbid disclosure of results.
    Just think of public reaction in Ukraine -- if, after weeks of anti-russian hysteria, he'll admit he was poisoned by poison of american origin.

BTW, doesn't it looks very ironic? Leader of "Orange revolution" poisoned by "Agent Orange"... I'm afraid, there should be much more than half of Ukraine laughing at him.
    I can't find "american dioxine" in the article. Furthermore you are quick to jump on conclusions. While I give you a quote from the article that shed light on what actually was meant. I can't beleive your intellectual denials.

compound 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin or “TCDD” — a component of Agent Orange, the defoliant used by the United States in the Vietnam War. “It’s the best known and it’s pretty toxic,” John Henry said. In the old Soviet Union they would have studied these chemicals in detail.
    You don't seem to think globally. Who had interests in poisoning the handsome and charismatic Yushchenko who was leading the polls?
    His wife? The americans? Give me a break!

Завсегдатай
    You don't seem to think globally. Who had interests in poisoning the handsome and charismatic Yushchenko who was leading the polls?
    When the powers that be poison people, believe you me, they [people] die. But Yuschenko didn't die. Why? Because the powers that be weren't interested in poisoning him, let alone f@cking it up like that. Someone else poisoned him. Someone, who supported him. Why? In order to create a scandal. Whatever for? To have something to fall back on in case Yuschenko lost. Simple as that. Or are you suggesting that the powers that be can't organize a piss-up in a brewery?

P.S. Why couldn't this have been a psycho? Psychos are any public figure's bodyguard's worst nightmare. A terrorist group can be infiltrated, their communications can be intercepted, etc., but a psycho always strikes out of the blue. Why couldn't this have been one such case?
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Хана теперь Януковичу.
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&c ... &printer=1
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Re: Give me a break!

I can't find "american dioxine" in the article. Furthermore you are quick to jump on conclusions. While I give you a quote from the article that shed light on what actually was meant. I can't beleive your intellectual denials.

compound 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin or “TCDD” — a component of Agent Orange, the defoliant used by the United States in the Vietnam War. “It’s the best known and it’s pretty toxic,” John Henry said. In the old Soviet Union they would have studied these chemicals in detail.
    For me this statement looks it looks like an extremely lame and extremely arrogant attempt to accuse USSR instead of real possible culprit.
    This statement is correct: "Soviet Union they would have studied these chemicals in detail" -- because USSR helped to cure thousands of vietnamians, poisoned by Agent Orange by american occupants. Statement is correct, but conclusions were weird.

So: Soviet Union had a big experience in cure the poisoned. Alas, it hadn't such big experience in poisoning. But USA had.

"Who had interests?" There should be very long list.
    Just try to remember, what Yuscenko is openly hated by 40-50% of Ukrainians.

His wife? The americans? Give me a break!
    Currently, I'm not accusing anybody -- neither americans, nor even his wife. But american, obviusly, had some motives for this (like almost anybody other).
    For example, don't forget, that Yuscenko is obviously more pro-european, than pro-american. Americans, obviously, should prefer somebody more marginal, more corrupt and more easily manipulatable -- Yulia Timoshenko seems to be perfect candidate for them. Americans obviously backed her (and even openly pressured to exclude her from Interpol search lists. )
    Obviously, Timoshenko hasn't much chances for presidency. But, if Yuscenko is dead... and Yulya openly declares herself as his sister in arms and political heir... she should much better chances, right?
    What do you think about this version?
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Another interesting version:

http://maidan.org.ua/static/mai/1102193643.html

Does anybody here know anything about citostatics (I hope, I translated this term correctly)?
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Старший оракул
    Анекдот:

На вопрос журналиста "Имеет ли Кремль отношение к отравлению Ющенко?",
    ВВП ответил: "Ни малейшего! Мы его предлагали просто пристрелить".

Но, вообще-то, его действительно пора пристрелить -- из гуманизма, чтоб не мучился.
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Obviously, Timoshenko hasn't much chances for presidency. But, if Yuscenko is dead... and Yulya openly declares herself as his sister in arms and political heir... she should much better chances, right?
    I think she is smarter than poisoning Yushchenko. Frankly she is smart and good buisness women don't play the game of "all or nothing". I mean why would she risks her life in poisoning Yushchenko? She has better chances making it to the presidency by playing by the rules, serve Yushchenko well and wait for the next elections.

I think you just hate that your choosen side loses its grip with reality, loses the election, and most of all that your chosen side is a barbaric one.
    So you confort yourself with denails and conspiracy theories...

Have fun

Почтенный гражданин
    Another interesting version:

http://maidan.org.ua/static/mai/1102193643.html

Does anybody here know anything about citostatics (I hope, I translated this term correctly)?
    It sounds for me like "other static" (cits = other in Latvian).
    Actually, цитостатики is a group of medications which is using for chemotherapy (to cure cancer). The medication slows down or even stops growing of live materials of human body.
    Я танцую пьяный на столе нума нума е нума нума нума е
    Снова счастье улыбнулось мне нума нума е нума нума нума е

I think she is smarter than poisoning Yushchenko. Frankly she is smart and good buisness women don't play the game of "all or nothing". I mean why would she risks her life in poisoning Yushchenko? She has better chances making it to the presidency by playing by the rules, serve Yushchenko well and wait for the next elections.
    If Timoshenko should be a "good business women", she sholdn't be one of the top ukrainian oligarchs. If you didn't know previously, post soviet oligarchy is not successful business, but successful thievery.
    And only one, who never seen Timoshenko on meeting, can picture her as "smart".

Well, I'll clarify my point -- I do not accuse her seriously (although, as I know, in Ukraine there are lots of people, who do). Yes, it's just another conspiracy theory. My point is: it's not much worse or less convincing, than your one.

I think you just hate that your choosen side loses its grip with reality, loses the election, and most of all that your chosen side is a barbaric one.
    So you confort yourself with denails and conspiracy theories...

Have fun
    Well (thinking of old joke) "my 44% is much better than your 52%".
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast