Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Сказки; пожалуйста, исправьте ошибки.

Завсегдатай

re: Сказки; пожалуйста, исправьте ошибки.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Miles
    According to the boy's mother, the money was put there for a purpose
    But it's not his mother who is telling us the story. It's Author. I just told you how strange that phrase sounds in Russian. It's up to you.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай

Re: Другая сказка

Английской версии нет.
    А зря.
    Ты явно в уме переводил с английского, будет проще, если ты сам напишешь фразы, которые ты перевел буквально, чем мы тут будем ломать голову, почему ты выбрал глагол "искал" и т. д.
    If you have problems with both posting new messages and sending PMs, you can send an e-mail to the Forum Administrator here:
    http://masterrussian.net/sendmessage.php
    У меня что-то с почтой, на ЛС ответить не могу. (

Почтенный гражданин Martin Miles's Avatar

re: Сказки; пожалуйста, исправьте ошибки.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    It's up to you.
    Именно.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Пожалуйста, кто-то скажи мне, есть ли ошибки где-то.

Завсегдатай

Re: Другая Сказка

а просто любил знание
    В данном случае "he only loved the knowledge" однозначно что-то вроде "ему просто нравилось знать чужую тайну", и уж никак не "любил Знание" which sounds like he was Harry Potter.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    В данном случае "he only loved the knowledge" однозначно что-то вроде "ему просто нравилось знать чужую тайну", и уж никак не "любил Знание" which sounds like he was Harry Potter.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene-p
    Разведчик искал секреты людей, пишущих на бумаге
    секреты людей, пишувшие на бумаге, аnd, since you asked for an English version, he did not go looking for these secrets, they were just found by him. in English, secrets found by him can be a little different to secrets which he found. To explain myself further, he did not ask the authors of these secrets for money, he just enjoyed knowing what they were getting up to, and he delighted in the challenge of deciphering their codes. It was good excercise for his brain. Laudate dominum.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Сказка: Когда Свет Отключился

Однажды ночью свет отключился. Нам пришлось в тёмной кухне. Становилось всё темнее и тёмнее, боялись всё больше и больше. Мать отвела нас в кровать и молилась с нами. Утром свет включился.

Skaska: When the lights went out. One night we had a blackout. We were forced to eat dinner in the dark kitchen. It got darker and darker; we became more and more afraid. Mother took us to bed and prayed with us. In the morning the lights came back on.

This is based on a school exercise I found discarded at a bus stop. I added just one small element to the tale, one small feature which I think makes a big difference. There was something written in code at the bottom of the page. I think I have deciphered it.

Laudate dominum.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Re: Сказка: Когда Светы Погаснули

Одна ночь светы погаснули. Должен ужинать в тёмном кухне. Смеркался более и более; пугались более и более. Мать водила нас в кровать. В кровате мы молимся. В завтре светы вернют.

Skaska: When the lights went out. One night we had a blackout. We were forced to eat dinner in the dark kitchen. It got darker and darker; we became more and more afraid. Mother took us to bed and prayed with us. In the morning the lights came back on.
    Однажды ночью свет отключился. Нам пришлось ужинать в тёмной кухне. Становилось всё темнее и темнее, мы боялись всё больше и больше. Мать отвела нас в кровать и молилась с нами. Утром свет включился.

1. Погаснуть - погасли
    2. Одной ночью. Однажды ночью - better
    3. Светы - isn't a word. Maybe only plurals for Света (Светлана) - name, although I dunno how to went out "Свету".
    4. Тёмной кухне
    5. Смеркалось. but it's about natural process of the twilight falling, and we usually don't use it when talking about inside of some building or room.
    6. Мать водила sounds like some habitual action like Мать водила нас в кровать каждый день.
    That's not all, I'll add some more later.
    Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Re: Сказка: Когда Свет Отключился

Thanks Eugene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene-p

Светы - isn't a word. Maybe only plurals for Света (Светлана) - name, although I dunno how to went out "Свету".
    In English, if you are referring to a person, you would say: I don't know how to snuff out Sveta or something like that.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Сказка 4

In the far country, long ago, our wise spy visited a delicatessen.
    He went up to the pretty girl behind the counter. 'What is it you sell here"? he asked her. She pretended not to understand. He rephrased the question: "Who is your employer"? "My boss", she replied. Then he reminded her of his first question: "What is it you sell"? and she acknowledged the truth behind his line of questioning. Later, he asked her if he could buy something using 150 single cents that he had found by the side of the road and at bus stops. The pretty girl behind the counter said she would have to ask her boss. There was such a look of shame on her face when her employer appeared and turned out to be an old hag. Laudate dominum.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Сказка 4

В далекой стране давно мудрый разведчик вшёл магазин. Сказал с девушкой, служащой:
    "Что продаваешь сюда"?
    "Не поминаю", притворилась.
    "Кто - ваш работадатель" ? вновь постарался.
    "Мой хозяин".
    "Теперь помните мой первйы вопрос: Что продаваешь сюда" ?
    Без слов девушка призналась.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Завсегдатай

Re: Сказка 4

Давным-давно, в одной далёкой стране мудрый разведчик вошёл в магазин. Он спросил работающую там девушку:
    — Что вы продаёте здесь?
    — Не понимаю, — притворилась она.
    — На кого вы работаете? — предпринял он другую попытку.
    — На моего хозяина.
    — Теперь вспомните мой первый вопрос: на кого вы работаете?
    Девушка тут же призналась.

Где-то так.

Так и хочется прибавить что-то в духе:

А пройдут пионеры - салют мальчишу!
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Спасибо.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Новичок

In the far country, long ago, our wise spy visited a delicatessen.
    He went up to the pretty girl behind the counter. 'What is it you sell here"? he asked her. She pretended not to understand. He rephrased the question: "Who is your employer"? "My boss", she replied. Then he reminded her of his first question: "What is it you sell"? and she acknowledged the truth behind his line of questioning. Later, he asked her if he could buy something using 150 single cents that he had found by the side of the road and at bus stops. The pretty girl behind the counter said she would have to ask her boss. There was such a look of shame on her face when her employer appeared and turned out to be an old hag. Laudate dominum.
    В далёкой стране, давным-давно, наш остроумный шпион посетил гастроном.
    Он подошёл к милой девушке, стоявшей у прилавка. "Что Вы здесь продаёте?" спросил он. Она притворилась, что не понимает его. Он перефразировал свой вопрос: "Кто Ваш работодатель? ". "Мой босс", ответила она. После этого он напомнил ей свой первый вопрос: " Что Вы здесь продаёте?" *она осознала правду в его допросе*.(this last sentence sounds ridiculous)
    Позже он спросил её, может ли он здесь купить что-либо на 150 центов, которые он нашел на обочине и на остановке. Девушка у прилавка сказала, что ей надо-бы спросить у её босса. Когда появился её работодатель, он оказался "старой ведьмой". Laudate dominum.
    P.s. The only one thing I didn't get properly is "and she acknowledged the truth behind his line of questioning" (I marked it in the text by *. I understand every word, but.. I can't put them together to make a sense... Maybe someone else will help with it, or if u try to explain it in other way, I'll be able to translate it properly-)
    нэйтив - русский.

SAn

Наш — разведчик (умный, честный, добрый, справедливый, ...)
    Иностранный — шпион (глупый, лживый, жестокий, беспринципный, ...)
    Здесь, конечно, речь не идёт об употреблении этих слов в соответствии с нормами международного права.

Сказка 5

Мальчик смотрел реку, и увидел лист, который не пожелал вестись в море. Лист сказал: "Мальчик, будьте моим спасителём! Я происхожу He из моря, а из земли. B море умру, будьте моим спасителём"!
    Да мальчик не мог спасти лист, который вёзся в море, как Офeлия.
    Девушка - лoвушка.

Re: Сказка 5

Мальчик смотрел реку, и увидел лист, который не пожелал вестись в море. Лист сказал:
    --Мальчик, будьте моим спасителём! Я не происхожу из моря, а из земли; в море умру, будьте моим спасителём!--
    Да мальчик не мог спасти лист, который вёзся в море, как Офилия.
    Мальчик смотрел на реку и увидел лист, который не желал плыть в море.
    Лист сказал: "Мальчик, будьте моим спасителем!".
    - Я происхожу не из моря, а из земли, в море я умру. Будьте моим спасителем!
    Но мальчик не мог спасти лист, который нёсся в море как (Офелия?).

1. Russian direct speech punctuation pattern: He said: "Hello! How are you?".

2. I haven't came from sea (probably):
    - Я происхожу не из моря -- the most common way to say such things.
    - (Нет.) Я не происхожу из моря -- to negate the "Ты происходишь из моря"-phrase, said previously.
    And it's used rarer than the previous variant with the [Who/what + verb + не + reference] pattern.

E.g.
    Я люблю не тебя. = "I love not you" (negates the object -- I love someone else)
    "I came not from sea - I came from somewhere else".
    Я не люблю тебя. = I don't love you (negates the verb -- I don't love you - I hate you.)
    I did not come from sea. I rode from sea. .

Ты пришёл ко мне? - Нет я пришёл не к тебе. Negates the object (ко мне).
    Ты пришёл ко мне? - Нет я не пришёл, (я приехал на машине). Negates the verb (пришёл).

3. "Умру - будьте" part: there are 2 different types of statements running together in one sentence. Повествовательное и побудительное (о как, я еще помню что-то со школы ) -- A narrative one and an impelling one. And they would look better when cut apart into 2 different sentences.
    Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Подающий надежды оратор

I think Rusin already did a great translation; I am just going to add about the "the truth" that the waitress acknowledged. I think it probably has to do with the way the spy asked the questions. He first asked what they were selling, then asked who was in charge, and then again asked about the products. May be the "truth" here refers to the fact that what is being sold depends more on the boss's whishes and not as much on the name of the store. May be a conspiracy was implied? Just a thought.

Подающий надежды оратор

"and she acknowledged the truth behind his line of questioning"

"И она догадалась к чему он клонит" Я бы так перевёл =)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast