Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: London terror attack, yo. :O

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by rgkatyaisashaukr
    Wow, pioner.. i'm just amazed at your stupidity.... i'm done discussing anything with you.
    Didn't your mother ever teach you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all?"

You shouldn't insult poor Pioner like that. We are like a FAMILY here! If you insult one, you insult us all!

And trust me, the last thing you want is an angry e-mob on your tail.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioner
    Some of us on this forum would not be alive today if we had not have blown the cr@p out of Japan.
    Oh, really? What was a military use of murdering tens of thousands of japanese, most of them civilians? The Japan was already loosing the war.
    Japan was already loosing the war, and was about to sign peace with USA.
    Duh! How about because it saved an estimated 1 - 2 million allied lives not having to fight building to building with the Japanese who would only willing to surrender on their own terms, if at all. The Japanese people had been hoodwinked into believing that their Emperor was related to the gods and as such they could not fathom the idea that Japan could actually be wrong. Sound familiar? They were in full support of their war machine. They had just killed hundreds of thousands of people accross Asia, raped half the women in Nanking. They held members of my family in barbaric camps in Burma and Thailand who were horrendously tortured and forced to build a railway with little or no food. One of whom was awarded the Victoria Cross and recently put on our 50 cent coin for his bravery in standing up to his Japanese overlords in the prison camp. These people looked like walking skeletons when they finally were released.

So nice of you to sit there as a revisionist and say we were wrong to stop the war with FAT BOY!

Why are you not complaining about the deaths incurred in cities like Dresden? Allied bombing killed more people there than in Hiroshima with just conventional bombs. Why is it that we only hear about the death of civilian Japanese and not civillian Germans? I suspect that the words "politics" and "nuclear" will have something to do with it.
    Well murdering of Dresden was not nice neither. Let me understand that clearly, about Japanese, all horrible crimes they did, I know about that quite a bit, but, that was the reason to drop the bomb on their civilians? On children and women who never participated in that war? Did I understand you properly?
    DO NOT READ MY SIGNATURE!

Почтенный гражданин
    Wow, pioner.. i'm just amazed at your stupidity.... i'm done discussing anything with you.
    Well, it is your choice. Switching to personalities, what I can reply? I better keep on polite level. Good luck.

Почтенный гражданин
    I'm picking my nose.
    I come to represent and carve my name within your chest.

The reasons why America dropped the bomb was many:

A) A quick end to the war, without having to lose time -> american lives, resources, equipment, etc. JAPAN CAPITULATED as a direct result of the second atomic bomb
    B) Experiment. The bomb had never been tested live before. They planned on dropping two, using two different technology
    C) Politcal Power. Showing the world what might America has, it certainly scared Russia!

Now, whether it is morally right is another question.

What is certain is that it wasn't dropped on the Japanes because they were NOT christian.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин
    I am not saying that they dropped the bombs for religion reason, but they dropped it for other then military reasons. Such actions have a term - TERRORISM. Am I wrong?

Почтенный гражданин
    Anyhow, christian terrorist, just seen in the news:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01293.html

any more questions?

Почтенный гражданин
    disclaimer: I do not want to show that Christians are bad and Muslims are good. I just want to show that the world is not black and white, and there are us good guys and them bad guys.

You can call my opinion about the world - stupid. But it does not change anything. The world is really multicoloring and there is no perfect Good and Evil in this world, what ever holly books like Bible and Koran say.

Почтенный гражданин

"Iz u sayin i ain guud!? DO YOU NOT SEE LIGHT COMING FROM MY HEAD!?"

GOD I LOVE GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH!

Edit: Wait, he's pointing to the seventh comandment isn't he...which one's that. CONSPIRACY! LYK OMG

I am not saying that they dropped the bombs for religion reason, but they dropped it for other then military reasons. Such actions have a term - TERRORISM. Am I wrong?
    Yes and no. Military reasons was very much part of the reasoning to drop the nukes. It took away the need for a land invasion of Japan that would have cause alot more US casualties and Japanese too. Some estimates were in the millions... AND showing the USSR the military power America was capable of was also immensly important militarily and politicaly in the aftermath.

As you said yourself, it's never black or white. It is always a shade of gray.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Will you stop doing that Trigger Happy, I'm trying to think!!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Will you stop doing that Trigger Happy, I'm trying to think!!
    Overstatement alert!!!

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappyJack

"Iz u sayin i ain guud!? DO YOU NOT SEE LIGHT COMING FROM MY HEAD!?"

GOD I LOVE GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH!

Edit: Wait, he's pointing to the seventh comandment isn't he...which one's that. CONSPIRACY! LYK OMG
    I would say he's pointing to the first or the second...or better he's "thumbing" to it...look at the angle his finger is coming off his hand.

Почтенный гражданин
    Mwahahaha...
    Lol, well what are they!? I bet they're really important.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Ok, yes, the Americans did bomb two of Japans cities. But, didn't the Japan send kamakazis to Pearl Harbor first? Hmm... and their Emperor claimed that if they sacrificed their lives for their country and Emperor it would do them good in "heaven"? Is this not the same thing as the Muslim religion that the extremists claim it says to do?

Pioner- you have to understand that the discussion, and this is what i've been trying to explain, are those who act out for religious purposes. The bombings done in Japan were not done for religious beliefs. This was an actual war. a WORLD war.. so singling out one country is not the right thing to do. Many countries were involved. Why aren't you talking about Germany? The country who committed the most atrocities out of the entire war. How does a war, started by mainly one country, committing all sorts of horrible crimes, be turned to a religious war, claiming the US is at fault

It's amazing how a discussion starts out one way, and then turns into pointing a finger at the US.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Darwinism is a science and got a lot of facts to support it.
    Really? I am afraid that it will always only be a theory since the fossil record does not support it. As a matter of fact the fossil records are more likely to support creationism. You really need to catch up on your reading.
    Uh, DDTushka, can you expand on this a bit? I thought the fossil findings support the evolution theory... I mean how does finding neanderthal fossiles support creationism? Dinosaurs? Wake up and smell the fossil fish, DDTushka... oooh... I feel the wrath coming!! lol!
    Well it is like this:
    Those graphs that you see in your evolution 101 textbooks of the earth's strata are only in the order that was decided on according to the theory. In real life the strata could be in any order. With rocks containing fossils of "supposedly" early life forms at the top and newer fossilized life at a lower level. Evolutionists are aware that these discrepancies don't fit with their charts and theories so they give the "phenomenon" a scientific sounding name and say it will be explained at at later date when they discover new knowledge.

They are not willing to accept that their theory does not hold water because the alternative is what?........Intelligent Design. So they keep searching for facts that are not there.

The fossil record shows an abundance of life that appeared suddenly. There is nothing.....then there are heaps of fossilized life forms. Whets more the life forms that they find first are quite similar to plants and small life forms that we see today and are organically complex..
    There is no indication of life starting slowly from single cell life forms.
    Mathematicians have computed the odds of life being able to start on its own and grow into even a simple life form as a figure with an infinite number of zeros behind it and admit the odds make it "impossible".

There are fossilized trees still standing upright through supposedly millions and millions of years of strata. There are fossilized footsteps of what looks like human footprints in the strata that contains the evidence of dinosaurs.

Part of the problem is that the biologists date the age of the life form by the date the geologists give the rocks and the geologists date the age of the rocks by the date the biologists give the life forms.

AS far as the fossilized remains of Neanderthal or Australopithecus or Java Man and the likes. Some have been found to be nothing more than an extinct ape (Australopithecus) . Or in one case an elephants knee cap. Yes that’s right. A whole "early man" constructed out of an elephants knee cap. Another, Java , I think was a scull cap, a few teeth and a thigh bone found about 50 feet away. The thigh bone is from a woman so they put them all together and called it Pithecanthropus Erectus.

An entire family of “cavemen” was produced from what turned to be One Pigs Tooth and called Nebraska Man.

I won’t even bother with Piltdown man. The point is one by one evolution is running out of ideas. Neanderthal Man is considered by many to really only be as different as the bone structure between the races of “modern day man” and other discoveries the deformed skulls of some degenerate bone disease.
    There are plenty of good reasons to keep your options open on this issue.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почтенный гражданин
    But, didn't the Japan send kamakazis to Pearl Harbor first?
    LOLOLOLOLOL

Man, I am not even an American citizen yet, we did not study it in the school, but educated person should know some basic history facts. Like - there was not a single kamikadze used in attack of Perl Harbor. And again, nuclear bombing was a revenge for Perl Harbor? Hmm, again, sounds like terrorism to me, doesn't it?

Hmm... and their Emperor claimed that if they sacrificed their lives for their country and Emperor it would do them good in "heaven"?
    Again LOL. Japanese got no conception of "heaven" at all.

Is this not the same thing as the Muslim religion that the extremists claim it says to do?
    Well, were christian extremists, who sacrificed their life for some "right" thing, like blowing up abortation clinic, will go? What they claim? That they go to Hell?

Pioner- you have to understand that the discussion, and this is what i've been trying to explain, are those who act out for religious purposes. The bombings done in Japan were not done for religious beliefs. This was an actual war. a WORLD war.. so singling out one country is not the right thing to do. Many countries were involved. Why aren't you talking about Germany? The country who committed the most atrocities out of the entire war. How does a war, started by mainly one country, committing all sorts of horrible crimes, be turned to a religious war, claiming the US is at fault
    Ok, I got the idea, murderring a lot of inoncent civilians because of religion purposes is a horrible terroristic act. Murdering a lot of inocent civilians for any other reason is not a terroristic act but defending peace in the world. Do I undestand that right?

It's amazing how a discussion starts out one way, and then turns into pointing a finger at the US.
    As I said it is not that I put a blame on Christians, I hate generalization, when I hear "them muslims evil" - that really disappoints me. В чужом глазу увидит соринку, а в своем не замечает бревна. That what it is. "Кто сам без греха пусть первым бросит в меня камень" (с) Jesus. You guys do not feel ashamed throwing stones to other sinners?

Почтенный гражданин
    DDT, where did you study paleontology?

Why you never give us sources? One pig tooth - that's brilliant! You made my day, really man. Thanks.

Властелин
    In spite of the fact that I do love witnessing just how deep the creationist rabbit hole really goes, I've never personally felt the slightest inclination to refute anything that one of them has said.

Some beliefs are simply beyond the reach of reasoned answer, and I'm affraid my contempt for creationists is such that I have to concentrate really hard just to avoid suffering premature dismissal.

You know, 'cos premature dismissal is just rude.

So, where other people may like to argue with the flat-Earthers, I prefer to just watch.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    It took away the need for a land invasion of Japan that would have cause alot more US casualties and Japanese too. Some estimates were in the millions...
    Well, let us think about that a little. We kill tens of thousands Japanese civilians including children and women to scare Japan, and put them on their knees. Fair enough. I agree. But scare - means terror. We scared them, we terrorised them. What is the difference? ben Laden attacked WTC to scare Americans, to show them that they are not safe in their own country. Show me the difference between those 2 acts? Outside of religion and numbers of murdered people.

AND showing the USSR the military power America was capable of was also immensly important militarily and politicaly in the aftermath.

As you said yourself, it's never black or white. It is always a shade of gray.
    Again, we killed tens of thousands inocent civilians to scare Commies. Right enough, and it did work, I know about that, but again we kill civilians to scare someone else. Terro-rism.

Right, it is not black and white. America is a great county, I love it. But no nation is Saint and if some christian says "them muslim are evil", or some muslim says "them christian are evil" they both will piss me off.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast