Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for language exchange

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by kgcole View Post
    "Sentense" is incorrect spelling, Lena. It should be "sentence".
    Thanks, Kev. I always have problems with "sentence". "Nonsense" confuses me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    Thanks, Kev. I always have problems with "sentence". "Nonsense" confuses me a lot.
    So, you're saying you just want some common sense?

Ina
    Quote Originally Posted by Lena
    "Nonsense" confuses me a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post
    I think you have just confused her.
    Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post

You mean you have it in plenty? Wanna loan me some? Though I’m afraid I’ll have to refuse cause I want to keep enjoying the site.

P.S. He knows what I'm talking about. Right, Fourteen?

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by Ina View Post
    I think you have just confused her.
    I hope he hasn't. Yet I must admit it's difficult to see jokes in a foreign language.

Почтенный гражданин
    Я назвал все русского праздники на моё календарь. Я считаю, что это был бы увлекательный способ учиться. Конечно, я все время не помнюсь Американского праздники....ха ха. Это хорошо, что у меня компютера.

I put all the Russian holidays on my calendar. I thought it would be a fun way to learn. Of course, I don’t always remember American holidays…ha ha. It’s good that I have a computer.

Теперь пора раскладывать Рождественскего убрансто. У нас есть олень и “candy canes” с светой. Мы обычно не продаем подароки для взрослого. Мы же только продаем для детей семени.

It’s time to put out the Christmas decorations. We have reindeer and candy canes with lights. We don’t buy gifts for the adults anymore. We just buy for the children of the family.

Что ты думаешь о теме глобальное потепления? Я верю, что это действительно происходит и нас придется остановить загрязнение нашего атмосферы. Даже скептики теперь допустят происходит. Я считаю, что сохранение очень важно.

What do you think about the subject of global warming? I believe that it is happening, and we have to stop polluting our atmosphere as we have. Even the skeptics are now admitting that this is happening. I think conservation is important.

Слушаешь ли музику музыканты Prince? У него есть свежего песня. Он был популярный, как я возрос.

Have you ever listened to the music of the musician Prince? He has a new song out. He was popular when I was growing up.

Почтенный гражданин
    You actually have a very good sense of humor, Lena. It will improve as you reach fluency and shorten some of your language

Lena
    You actually have a very good sense of humor, Lena. It will improve as you reach fluency and shorten some of your language
    Was it a typo? Did you mean sentences?

Lena
    I put all the Russian holidays on my calendar.
    Я назвал все русского праздники на моё календарь.
    Я отметил в календаре все русские праздники.
    It’s somehow implied that the calendar is yours though it wouldn’t be a mistake to say в моем календаре.

I thought it would be a fun way to learn.
    Я считаю, что это был бы увлекательный способ учиться.
    Я подумал, что это увлекательный (интересный) способ учиться.

Of course, I don’t always remember American holidays.
    Конечно, я все время не помнюсь Американского праздники.
    Конечно, я не всегда помню американские праздники.

It’s good that I have a computer.
    Это хорошо, что у меня компютера.
    Хорошо, что у меня есть компьютер. (always nominative in the sentenCes like У меня есть)

It’s time to put out the Christmas decorations.
    Теперь пора раскладывать Рождественскего убрансто.
    Пора украшать дом (комнату) к рождеству.
    Or Пора вешать рождественские украшения.
    We usually hang up New Year’s decorations and never Christmas ones, we just don’t have them.
    But if you put them on the floor or on the furniture you should say Пора раскладывать. But we never раскладываем them.
    I think the first version is best.

We have reindeer and candy canes with lights.
    У нас есть олень и “candy canes” с светой.
    У нас есть олень и конфеты в виде посохов с лампочками.
    I know what canes look like, I just can’t exactly imagine the lights on candy.

We don’t buy gifts for the adults anymore.
    Мы обычно не продаем подароки для взрослого.
    Мы больше не покупаем подарки для взрослых.

We just buy for the children of the family.
    Мы же только продаем для детей семени.
    Мы покупаем их только для детей.

What do you think about the subject of global warming?
    Что ты думаешь о теме глобальное потепления?
    Что ты думаешь о глобальном потеплении?
    I don’t think there is any point in thinking about the subject of global warming. It makes sense to think about the global warming.

I believe that it is happening, and we have to stop polluting our atmosphere as we have.
    Я верю, что это действительно происходит и нас придется остановить загрязнение нашего атмосферы.
    Я считаю, что оно действительно происходит, и нам нужно остановить загрязнение атмосферы.
    Верить implies that you don’t consider any arguments, like to верить в бога. Считать implies that you consider facts, weigh them, compare them and so on.
    Atmosphere is a unique substance, so there is no need to add наша. Sometimes we say наша Земля meaning the planet but that is kind of emotional. It’s used in popular scientific literature.

Even the skeptics are now admitting that this is happening.
    Даже скептики теперь допустят происходит.
    Это признают даже скептики.

I think conservation is important.
    Я считаю, что сохранение очень важно.
    Я считаю, что защита окружающей среды очень важна.

Have you ever listened to the music of the musician Prince?
    Слушаешь ли музику музыканты Prince?
    Ты когда-нибудь слушала Принца?
    I guess I haven’t, but I’ve heard of him. I think I’m gonna listen to him.
    I’ll try not to be that edgy and provocative.

He has a new song out.
    У него есть свежего песня.
    Он выпустил новую песню.

He was popular when I was growing up.
    Он был популярный, как я возрос.
    Он был популярным, когда я был подростком.

Почтенный гражданин
    Was it a typo? Did you mean sentences?
    lol...there goes your Russian sense for detail again Well, "sentences" would probably have been better, but language works too. Often it's said as a means of saying "one's way of speaking." Comedy, you know, is very much about timing and a way of saying things. It just takes time to get a good sense of it. Of course, I recognize your particular sense of humor. It's what makes you distinctive. I think it's important to experiment with that, too.

Почтенный гражданин
    Oh my, I can't believe I made the mistake of using продать when I mean покупать....lol

Lena
    Oh my, I can't believe I made the mistake of using продать when I mean покупать....lol
    Not a big deal, Kev. I always confuse loan, lend and borrow.

Lena
    I was watching a video. First I cried over the story. Then I cried over what I could hear.
    Could you insert what my text lacks for, Kev?
    Incredible Video of a Man's Reunion With a Gorilla - YouTube

Woman. Everything was fine and then no worry he just attack human business. He can be such a loving and sweetheart but then
    Man. Trip to Gabon. I wanted to go see Kwibi.
    Woman. Okey, we can find him.
    Man. We’ll find him.
    Man. I haven’t seen him for five years Liz business group of . Liz was very concerned we lost people come across
    Woman. No stranger has been with him for years.
    Man. But I was really determined to see him. I got in the boat with my brother we down the river for several hours. I called for gorillas.
    Man. Come on. Come on.
    Man. And I was calling him. magnificent now ten year old gorilla and he may hadn’t seen me for five years but he heard my voice and he came to the edge of the river.
    Man. Kicks off
    Man. issue
    Man. Was a little concerned. deep love rumbling I was ok. He looked in my eyes and there was such intensity such love. And it was an incredible experience. We just settle together drunk on each other, embrace me like a long lost friend. It was just beautiful. He slowly introduced his wifes who came to see me. Sleeping with me. And he wouldn’t let me go. He scrambled off to get some rasins and I managed to climb back into my boat.
    To my amazement he followed the boat all our way back to our camp. And on the other side of the river he opposite all my
    At six o’clock in the morning I got up to have swim in the river. And on the edge of the river
    Kwibi, the lovely boy. I can see you.
    To show us what a remarkable animal Kwibi I can honestly say it was one of the greatest experiences in my life.

Почтенный гражданин
    Could you insert what my text lacks for, Kev?
    Sure….I listened to segments over and over, but sometimes the words were just too indistinguishable. The audio was heavily edited and pieced together. So don’t feel bad if there are just some things you couldn’t hear.

She: Everything was fine, and then no warning he just like attacked (garbled) business. (Subtitles) He can be such a love and a sweetheart, but then you just don’t know what happened. (pics and subtitles)

He: (garbled)..I want to go and see Kwibi

She: We can’t find him.

He: Find him….Haven’t seen him for five years. I was with Liz (Pict?), head of our gorilla project. Liz was very concerned, we had an attack and lost two people that had come across (him/it).
    She: No stranger has been with them for years.

He: But I was really determined to see him. I got in the boat, my brother, and we went up and down the river several hours. I have this call for the gorillas…(calling)…and I was calling him, turned ‘round the corner and there was this magnificent now ten year old gorilla and, they haven’t seen me for five years, but he heard my voice and he came to the edge of the river. (Garbled)..to throw food if it kicks off. And as I (garbled) the top I was a little concerned. But, the moment I heard this deep love, rumbling gurgle, (garbled) that I was okay. He looked in my eyes with such intensity and such love, and it was an incredible experience, and we just sat there together sort of drunk on each other. He embraced me like the long lost friend, and it was just beautiful, and he slowly introduced his wives who came to see me. Do you think we have a sleeping bag? (voice: yeah..garbled words) He wouldn’t let me go. He scrambled off to get some raisins and I managed to clamber back into the boat. To my amazement he then followed the boat all the way back to our camp, and on the other side of the river he then (garbled) his family, directly opposite where I sleep and all night long (garbled). And six o’clock in the morning I got up and went for a swim in the river, and there he appeared on the edge of the river. “Kwibi…you lovely boy, I can see you”. Just shows what a remarkable animal these gorillas are, and what a remarkable animal Kwibi is. I can honestly say this is one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Почтенный гражданин
    Ну, я считаю, что это способ учит лучшее использование слов в обшем употреблении. Наверное, я не помню использование чего-либо до времени я его пишу, или лично говорю.

Well, I think this method teaches the best use of words in practical application. I just don’t remember the use of something until I write it, or say it myself.

Да, трудно думать о вещах писать, но я действую как только я пишу письмо и разговариваю об обычных вещах. Формулировая собственное предложение важно и неоценимая практику. Это не случайнный или бесцельный. Это толкает моя память и исскуство. Я благодарен то, что у меня есть кого-то как тебя, чтобы исправлять моя ошибки и мне направлять к правльнного использавание.

Yes, it’s difficult to think of things to write about, but I act as if I’m just writing a letter and talking about ordinary things. Forming my own sentences is important and invaluable practice. It’s not random, or pointless. It pushes my memory, and skill. I’m grateful I have someone like you to correct my mistakes and guide me toward proper use.

Что ты думаешь о женщинах в бое? Это теперь большой дебаты в новости. Лично, это мне не обременительно. Я думаю, что если женщину хочет быть в бое, тот её решение. Но она должен бы доказать себя, и женщина не всегда соответсвующий для всех поручения, по-моему.

What do you think about women in combat? It’s a big controversy in our news these days. Myself, it doesn’t bother me. I think if a woman wants to be in combat, it’s her decision. But she would have to prove herself, and a woman isn’t always suitable for every mission. That’s my own opinion.

Мы разговариваем об элесктроническая игры вчера...Я не тип, который интересно в игре. Мой племянник всегда играет и (I couldn’t think of how to translate the rest). Некоторые человек принимают их всерёз, как они больше реалный, чем жизнь...ха ха.

We were talking about electronic games yesterday…I’ve never been one to be interested in games. My nephew plays them all the time, and hardly does anything else. Some people take them very seriously, as if they’re more real than life…ha ha.

Lena
    Thank you, Kevin, for the text. It's a slight relief to know that there are words in this video which cannot be heard properly even by a native speaker. Yet I can see how much more work I have to do to understand at least 90% of what I hear. It's so frustrating to realize that.

Почтенный гражданин
    Thank you, Kevin, for the text. It's a slight relief to know that there are words in this video which cannot be heard properly even by a native speaker. Yet I can see how much more work I have to do to understand at least 90% of what I hear. It's so frustrating to realize that.
    Yeah, the audio was low and muffled in several places. I had to rewind constantly to hear some parts.

Lena
    Well, I think this method teaches the best use of words in practical application.
    Ну, я считаю, что это способ учит лучшее использование слов в обшем употреблении.
    Я считаю, что это лучший способ научиться правильно употреблять слова.
    Sorry, I had to move “the best” into another place to make the sentence sound Russian. That causes a tiny change of your meaning, though.

I just don’t remember the use of something until I write it, or say it myself.
    Наверное, я не помню использование чего-либо до времени я его пишу, или лично говорю.
    Я не могу запомнить, как употреблять слово, пока я сам не напишу или не произнесу его.

Yes, it’s difficult to think of things to write about, but I act as if I’m just writing a letter and talking about ordinary things.
    Да, трудно думать о вещах писать, но я действую как только я пишу письмо и разговариваю об обычных вещах.
    Да, мне трудно придумывать, о чем бы написать, но я представляю себе, будто я пишу письмо и говорю об обычных вещах.
    My grammar guide says that in clauses of manner or comparison introduced by “as if” the subjunctive form of the verb should be used. And I would expect that you write “but I act as if I were writing a letter”. What can you say about that, Kevin? By the way, do you know about a link to a good trustworthy American English grammar guide in the web? I think I’m gonna ask a question about a grammar guide on the forum.

Forming my own sentences is important and invaluable practice.
    Формулировая собственное предложение важно и неоценимая практику.
    Составление своих собственных предложений – это важная и полезная практика.

It’s not random, or pointless.
    Это не случайнный или бесцельный.
    Я делаю это не бесцельно.

It pushes my memory, and skill.
    Это толкает моя память и исскуство.
    Это тренирует мою память и развивает способности.

I’m grateful I have someone like you to correct my mistakes and guide me toward proper use.
    Я благодарен то, что у меня есть кого-то как тебя, чтобы исправлять моя ошибки и мне направлять к правльнного использавание.
    Я рад, что такие люди как ты исправляют мои ошибки и подсказывают, как говорить правильно.

What do you think about women in combat?
    Что ты думаешь о женщинах в бое?
    Что ты думаешь по поводу участия женщин в боевых действиях?

It’s a big controversy in our news these days.
    Это теперь большой дебаты в новости.
    Эта тема у нас сейчас широко обсуждается.

Myself, it doesn’t bother me.
    Лично, это мне не обременительно.
    Лично меня она не волнует.

I think if a woman wants to be in combat, it’s her decision.
    Я думаю, что если женщину хочет быть в бое, тот её решение.
    Я считаю, что если женщина хочет воевать, то это ее личное дело.

But she would have to prove herself, and a woman isn’t always suitable for every mission. That’s my own opinion.
    Но она должен бы доказать себя, и женщина не всегда соответсвующий для всех поручения, по-моему.
    Но ей придется показать, на что она способна. И по моему мнению, не каждое боевое задание подходит для женщины.

We were talking about electronic games yesterday.
    Мы разговариваем об элесктроническая игры вчера.
    Вчера мы говорили о компьютерных играх. Past tense.

I’ve never been one to be interested in games.
    Я не тип, который интересно в игре.
    Я никогда не интересовался играми.

My nephew plays them all the time, and hardly does anything else.
    Мой племянник всегда играет
    Мой племянник вечно в них играет и практически не занимается ничем другим.
    Вечно instead of всегда stresses out your negative attitude towards his pastime and even annoyance maybe.

Some people take them very seriously, as if they’re more real than life.
    Некоторые человек принимают их всерёз, как они больше реалный, чем жизнь.
    Некоторые люди воспринимают их слишком серьезно, как будто они более реальные, чем сама жизнь.

Почтенный гражданин
    Здесь несколько фото из чего я вышиваю, Лена. Подушки и полотенца популярные товары, и тоже заплаты для разного использования.

Here are a couple pictures of the kinds of things I do with embroidery, Lena. Pillows and towels are popular items, as well as patches for various uses.
    11.15.2012.11.30.2012-08-40-58.jpg11.7.2012.11.30.2012-08-42-28.jpg11.15.2012.11.30.2012-08-41-31.jpgChair.5.18.12.5-27-12-08-28-24.jpg

Мой брат начинет новая работу после Нового Года. Он был не рад где его был. Это был не легче за им, но он будет более рад с другим компаней.

My brother starts a new job after the New Year. He wasn’t happy where he was. It wasn’t easy for him, but he’ll be happier with this other company.

Это интересно узнать с тобой описанием то, что какой «друг» отличает от английского «friend». Английский язык конечно больше свободно относительно употлебление слово. Часто кто-то, который знакомый называли другом. Обычно, когда пытали, мы опишем точно, как знакомый или «близкий» друг.

It was interesting, your description of how “друг” is different from the English “friend”. English is definitely more liberal in how it uses the word. Often someone who is merely an acquaintance is called a friend. Usually when pressed to it, we will describe someone more thoroughly as either an acquaintance or “close” friend.

Здесь, в много штате, у них есть лотереи. В Нью-Йорке два человеки не давно выиграл 500M доллары. Разве ты можешь воображать его? Лично, если я выиграл, я бы большинство инвестировать и живу на интерес. Я хочу мало так, что я бы очень много не плачу.

In many states here they have lotteries. In New York City two people just won 500 million dollars. Can you imagine winning that much? Myself, if I won, I’d invest most of it and live off the interest. There aren’t many things that I want, so I wouldn’t spend a lot.
    Lena likes this.

Lena
    Here are a couple pictures of the kinds of things I do with embroidery.
    Здесь несколько фото из чего я вышиваю.
    Вот несколько фотографий того, что я вышиваю.

Pillows and towels are popular items, as well as patches for various uses.
    Подушки и полотенца популярные товары, и тоже заплаты для разного использования.
    Подушки и полотенца пользуются спросом, также как и ? для разных целей.

My brother starts a new job after the New Year.
    Мой брат начинет новая работу после Нового Года.
    Мой брат приступает к новой работе после Нового года.

He wasn’t happy where he was.
    Он был не рад где его был.
    Он был недоволен предыдущей работой.

It wasn’t easy for him, but he’ll be happier with this other company.
    Это был не легче за им, но он будет более рад с другим компаней.
    Ему нелегко было принять решение, но в другой компании (фирме) (на другой работе) ему будет лучше.

It was interesting, your description of how “друг” is different from the English “friend”.
    Это интересно узнать с тобой описанием то, что какой «друг» отличает от английского «friend».
    Мне было интересно узнать, чем слово “друг” отличается от английского “friend”.

English is definitely more liberal in how it uses the word.
    Английский язык конечно больше свободно относительно употлебление слово.
    В английском это слово употребляется в более широком смысле.

Often someone who is merely an acquaintance is called a friend.
    Часто кто-то, который знакомый называли другом.
    Мы часто называем другом просто знакомого.

Usually when pressed to it, we will describe someone more thoroughly as either an acquaintance or “close” friend.
    Обычно, когда пытали, мы опишем точно, как знакомый или «близкий» друг.
    Когда нам нужно уточнить, мы говорим знакомый или близкий друг.

In many states here they have lotteries.
    Здесь, в много штате, у них есть лотереи.
    Во многих штатах проводятся лотереи.

In New York City two people just won 500 million dollars.
    В Нью-Йорке два человеки не давно выиграл 500M доллары.
    В Нью-Йорке два человека недавно выиграли 500 миллионов долларов.

Can you imagine winning that much?
    Разве ты можешь воображать его?
    Ты можешь представить себе такой выигрыш?

Myself, if I won, I’d invest most of it and live off the interest.
    Лично, если я выиграл, я бы большинство инвестировать и живу на интерес.
    Если бы я выиграл, то инвестировал бы большую часть денег и жил на проценты.

There aren’t many things that I want, so I wouldn’t spend a lot.
    Я хочу мало так, что я бы очень много не плачу.
    Мне много не нужно, поэтому я и тратил бы немного.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast