Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please check my French sentences???

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderkat
    Yes, it's correct. I presume the word virus to be all these little difficulties that you may find from one language to another, right?
    No, I meant the computer viruses
    Yesterday, I found these vermins in my computer and I was pretty tired because of virus battles.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    No, I meant the computer viruses
    Yesterday, I found these vermins in my computer and I was pretty tired because of virus battles.
    I see, but then I don't quite understand the sentence. What would be the link between the computer viruses issue and the fact that nothing can turn you away from the French language?

EDIT: I got it. You meant "M
    De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum.

Завсегдатай
    Spiderkat, is my question about prepositions so much difficult?...
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Spiderkat, is my question about prepositions so much difficult?...
    What question!? I just realized that you also had posted something else and I haven't noticed it until you ask for an answer.

[quote=Оля]I have corrected my post, but you have already saw it.
    I meant not "articles", but prepositions. Why the prepositions are different?
    As for articles, all is clear.
    But, one can say:
    J'

Почтенный гражданин
    Надеюсь, Оля не против, если я тоже присоединюсь?

@Spiderkat

How can one say in French "if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem".

Si tu n'es pas part de la solution, tu es part du probl

[quote=kt_81]Надеюсь, Оля не против, если я тоже присоединюсь?

@Spiderkat

How can one say in French "if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem".

Si tu n'es pas part de la solution, tu es part du probl

Завсегдатай
    Конечно, живое обсуждение всегда лучше, но это тоже может пригодиться:

ответы на задания к учебнику Поповой-Казаковой (уроки с 8 по 16)
    http://paradis.nm.ru/lessons_8-16.zip

Завсегдатай
    [quote=Spiderkat][quote=Оля]So why can't I say:
    Je travaille au mus

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    Конечно, живое обсуждение всегда лучше, но это тоже может пригодиться:

ответы на задания к учебнику Поповой-Казаковой (уроки с 8 по 16)
    http://paradis.nm.ru/lessons_8-16.zip
    Там те же ошибки, которые мне Spiderkat исправлял. Например, Elle est une bonne sportive, или Les amis parlent du sport, de la musique et des livres.
    Откуда этот файл, интересно? Кто-то из студентов, что ли, сделал? У меня есть книжка с ключами к упражнениям из учебника Казаковой, но там ответы только с 17 урока.

[quote=Оля][quote=Spiderkat][quote="Оля":2ep34hzj]So why can't I say:
    Je travaille au mus

Завсегдатай
    Comparing this to English won't help because there's no masculine/feminine articles/nouns and the prepositional structure is not translated the same way.
    I did't compare, I just illustrated why I couldn't understand the French sentence. Anyway, if someone learn a language, he should conceive some its logic or should have accurate answers for some questions: "there is no logic here". If I will learn a language without any system, without trying to understand its logic, I can't be much successful in it.

Почтенный гражданин
    Hmm,

I could imagine that the French simply do not distinguish between 'to work at a <any place>' and 'to work at the <any place>. Or at least, the don't do it with the preposition

I did't compare, I just illustrated why I couldn't understand the French sentence. Anyway, if someone learn a language, he should conceive some its logic or should have accurate answers for some questions: "there is no logic here". If I will learn a language without any system, without trying to understand its logic, I can't be much successful in it.
    I understand that you used examples in English to make your point but whatever language you use will not help you to understand why things are said this way or that way in French.
    There are so many grammar rules and most of them don't make much sense. Sometimes there's just no rules at all. Things are written this way simply because of the modifications of the language occuring during all these centuries.
    You just learn the language by following its rules and not by finding some kind of logic that doesn't exist. I can help you to understand the language through its rules and how it works but I can't help you if you want to know why such rule has been created nor the logic of it, if there's ever been one.

[quote=kt_81]Hmm,

I could imagine that the French simply do not distinguish between 'to work at a <any place>' and 'to work at the <any place>. Or at least, the don't do it with the preposition

Завсегдатай
    I understand that you used examples in English to make your point but whatever language you use will not help you to understand why things are said this way or that way in French.
    Actually I don't agree with it. For example, Latin can help if one learns Italian, Spanish or French; Italian can help if one learn French or Spanish; Russian can help if one learn Polish; English helps if one learn German; etc.

Actually I don't agree with it. For example, Latin can help if one learns Italian, Spanish or French; Italian can help if one learn French or Spanish; Russian can help if one learn Polish; English helps if one learn German; etc.
    This is not what I meant since here you specifically name different languages which each one of them are part of a specific group of languages with a commun language origin. Of course it may help to understand the words themselves because of their etymology and certain syntactic similarities.
    Even so, you still have to learn all the rules and how the language works to write correct sentences.

Why didn't you say Russian can help if you learn Italian or Spanish can help if you learn Dutch and vice versa. Probably because they don't have much in commun and won't help. Don't you agree with me.

Завсегдатай
    Why didn't you say Russian can help if you learn Italian or Spanish can help if you learn Dutch and vice versa. Probably because they don't have much in commun and won't help. Don't you agree with me.
    Actually all languages have a common origin.
    And, to be honest, Russian really helps me to learn Italian, though you maybe don't beleave it. I find much common between(?) Russian and Italian (I mean not vocabulary, but exactly grammar). And also Russian helps me with German (also the grammar and the "logic" of the languages are similar). And Russian helped me to understand Latin (there are many things "like in Russian", at least for me). So I think there isn't something bad or wrong in the languages comparison and often it can really help.

Actually all languages have a common origin.
    And, to be honest, Russian really helps me to learn Italian, though you maybe don't beleave it.
    [...]
    In some way I do actually since many words have been borrowed from one language to another. Plus the fact that even if they look different at first sight you can still notice several common things within these languages and use them as a guide or a reference for yourself during your learning.

There's nothing wrong in language comparisons as long as you don't try to use it as a tool in order to apply it to make it fit to all the languages. Some languages have more of less some logic in the way they work and others don't.

Beside this discussion, do you have any translations that need to be corrected or just verified ?

Завсегдатай
    Beside this discussion, do you have any translations that need to be corrected or just verified ?
    Ah, hm, yes, I think I have, but I must to type them here from the "cahier".

I have a question:
    what is the defference: le mot - la parole?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast