Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Learn cursive.

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    I uploaded a copy-book ("пропись"), published in 1961 (32 pages in .jpeg, samples of letters, words, phrases and texts written in cursive).

That's an example of "classical" (school) cursive writing, our parents learned to write by that book, and as far as I know kids still learn to write the same way. Usually adults don't write like that. It looks childish cause it's too diligent, but still you can learn from that book how letters are connected. When you become familiar with the general principle, you'll gradually develop your own handwriting.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25945409/propis.rar.html
    gRomoZeka, do you still have the said file with you? It's no longer at the rapidshare site. Thanks.
    Find out all about Malaysia here!

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by tohca
    gRomoZeka, do you still have the said file with you? It's no longer at the rapidshare site. Thanks.
    I'll reupload it as soon as I can. Do you want me to convert .jpeg files to PDF?

Завсегдатай
    NEW link to the book (in .jpeg files):
    Download from RS

NEW link to the book (in .jpeg files):
    Download from RS
    Тысяч спасибо!
    The handwriting is really clear, nice and easy to follow. Yes, if you do have the .pdf version would be very convenient indeed.

Завсегдатай
    Тысяча спасибо!
    The handwriting is really clear, nice and easy to follow. Yes, if you do have the .pdf version would be very convenient indeed.
    You are welcome. I don't have a PDF version, but it's easy to make one from these jpegs, and I'll upload it later.

"Прописи" is a great way of learning cursive, I wish I kept my own "пропись" from my school times. It differed from this one: there were room for the pupil to copy the examples, and there were introductory exercises for every combination of letters, where you had to connect the dots, imitating the shape of the letters.

EDIT:
    Weee! While I was writing this post I found two online "propises". They seem cool, very similar to the one I had in the first grade.

The handwriting is cleaner and more modern, without excess flourish. Looks really good. The second one seems a little bit more advanced.

Online PROPIS #1: here

Online PROPIS #2: here

Do you still need PDF? I guess not.

Завсегдатай
    Тысяча спасибо!
    I'd say "Тысяча спасибо" doesn't sound that natural either. I'd say rather "Тысячу раз спасибо".
    Anyway the much more common variants are:
    Большое спасибо! (more or less neutral)
    Огромное спасибо! (more expressive)
    Большущее спасибо! (+more expressive)
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Тысяча спасибо!
    I'd say "Тысяча спасибо" doesn't sound that natural either. I'd say rather "Тысячу раз спасибо".
    Anyway the much more common variants are:
    Большое спасибо! (more or less neutral)
    Огромное спасибо! (more expressive)
    Большущее спасибо! (+more expressive)
    Thanks.
    Just trying to use the English expression, thousand thanks or
    thanks a million.

Тысяча спасибо!
    You are welcome. I don't have a PDF version, but it's easy to make one from these jpegs, and I'll upload it later.

"Прописи" is a great way of learning cursive, I wish I kept my own "пропись" from my school times. It differed from this one: there were room for the pupil to copy the examples, and there were introductory exercises for every combination of letters, where you had to connect the dots, imitating the shape of the letters.

EDIT:
    Weee! While I was writing this post I found two online "propises". They seem cool, very similar to the one I had in the first grade.

The handwriting is cleaner and more modern, without excess flourish. Looks really good. The second one seems a little bit more advanced.

Online PROPIS #1: here

Online PROPIS #2: here

Do you still need PDF? I guess not.
    While the 2 PROPIS are good, I think your earlier прописи is much better.
    It may be much older, but as they say, old is gold.

Завсегдатай
    Classics is good. But it's a matter of taste. Personally I don't like a shape of some letters in the old "propis", for example, the standard cursive small "з" should always have a long hook, but in this propis it's sometimes looks like capital "з", only smaller. Also the capital letters have to much flourish. Nobody writes it like that anymore.

And the best thing about the online ones is that it shows a correct succession of strokes for every letter. It's very useful for a beginner.

Of course, in Russian it's not so crucial as in Japanese, but you'll be able to write faster and you'll have a better handwriting if you write every letter in a traditional way.

Подающий надежды оратор

Re: Learn cursive.

It's much more useful to know cursive. More native speakers write in it as opposed to print. It sticks easier if you write ALL of your studies in cursive. Italics are another good thing to know as well because I've noticed that a lot of newspapers use italics instead of regular print.
    please correct my russian

Yes writting cursive cyrillic was probably the highlight of my learning Russian. Be careful though, it can be quite addictive. I was writting everything in cursive at one time. Feels so cool.........

Подающий надежды оратор

Yes writting cursive cyrillic was probably the highlight of my learning Russian. Be careful though, it can be quite addictive. I was writting everything in cursive at one time. Feels so cool.........
    Haha word. I do all my capital H's like the cursive cyrillic way. All my notebooks are like that and when people borrow my notes for class they are like....what the heck..
    please correct my russian

Почтенный гражданин
    Торонто (столица мира), Канадская Советская Социалистическая Республика (КССР)

Quote Originally Posted by mcgovlau
    Haha word. I do all my capital H's like the cursive cyrillic way. All my notebooks are like that and when people borrow my notes for class they are like....what the heck..
    Have you ever had a case when, writing in English cursive, you use cursive Cyrillic letters? Like writing 'dog' as 'gog'.
    "С чий очи сънувам, чий е този лик обречен?
    Смъртен глас ми се причува и отеква с вик далечен
    Как да зърна да погледна, чуждий образ да прегърна,
    на лицето ми студено грях в надежда да превърна.."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234