Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 401
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Latest from Ukraine

  1. #261
    Завсегдатай Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    село Торонтовка Онтарийской губернии
    Posts
    3,057
    Rep Power
    18
    Санкции действуют! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKHKikGqs6Q

  2. #262
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    (но это, конечно, если допустить что речь идет исключительно об АТО, а не о, например, внешней войне с участием более одной страны).
    Ну если так хочется, то можно объявить войну России и ввести военное положение, после этого все кончится вводом миротворцев и разводом воюющих сторон по углам, с возможной автономией Донбасса, чего Киев явно не хочет. Кредиты тоже не дадут, так как МВФ не дает денег воюющим странам, чего Киев тоже не хочет. При обоих раскладах текущее правительство скорее всего должно будет уйти в отставку.
    Поэтому Киев выбрал другую стратегию - затяжной конфликт, выпрашивание кредитов с целью отсрочки дефолта и затягивание любых решений по Донбассу, все это позволит киевскому правительству продолжать пилить средства и оставаться у власти, платить за все конечно будут украинцы.

    Позиция России за год не изменилась - широкая автономия Донбасса, для тесных связей с Россией и внеблоковый статус, хотя бы для Донбасса(Донбасс кстати не против, учитывая что для многих предприятий Россия - стратегический партнер). Все это было озвучено много-много раз. Россия также неоднократно заявляла что последнее затрагивает российские национальные интересы.
    Кстати вы помните что случилось, когда СССР попытались разместить ЯО на Кубе? США готовы было начать мировую войну, потому что были затронуты национальные интересы США, попробуйте взглянуть на ситуацию с Украиной с этой стороны.

  3. #263
    Почётный участник eisenherz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Namibia
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Кстати вы помните что случилось, когда СССР попытались разместить ЯО на Кубе? США готовы было начать мировую войну, потому что были затронуты национальные интересы США, попробуйте взглянуть на ситуацию с Украиной с этой стороны.
    your point/comparison to Kuba back then makes sense to me. however by extension of logic it is clear then that Russia is directly involved in activities in eastern ukraine. an admission to the obvious is long overdue.
    please always correct my (often poor) russian

  4. #264
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by eisenherz View Post
    your point/comparison to Kuba back then makes sense to me. however by extension of logic it is clear then that Russia is directly involved in activities in eastern ukraine. an admission to the obvious is long overdue.
    Russia is involved the question is how.
    The West claims that Russia sends weapons and regular troops to Ukraine, that is highly unlikely.
    However things like: satellite images, uniforms, radios, food, as well as motivated volunteers do come to rebels from Russia. But such things also come to pro-Kiev forces(or as CNN said pro-American forces) from the West, maybe in lesser quantities.

  5. #265
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,979
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Russia is involved the question is how.
    The West claims that Russia sends weapons and regular troops to Ukraine, that is highly unlikely. ....
    Ух ты, прогресс пошёл: значит, somewhat likely.

  6. #266
    Почётный участник eisenherz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Namibia
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    ... as well as motivated volunteers do come to rebels from Russia...
    In the country where i live it is illegal for citizens to participate in armed forces and wars of other countries. If citizens here were to be involved in war-actions of other countries, they could expect to be arrested when they return. Do you know if in terms of Russian law this is permitted?
    please always correct my (often poor) russian

  7. #267
    Завсегдатай Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    село Торонтовка Онтарийской губернии
    Posts
    3,057
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    But such things also come to pro-Kiev forces(or as CNN said pro-American forces) from the West, maybe in lesser quantities.
    Well, those limits are now a thing of the past: Первые британские бронемашины Saxon прибыли в Одессу - BBC Russian

    Как сообщили украинские СМИ, партия из 20 машин прибыла по назначению, в ближайшем будущем ожидаются еще 55.

    "Эти "Саксоны" пришли без оружия, мы будем ставить на них боевой блок, который должен обеспечить эффективное огневое прикрытие Национальной гвардии или другим подразделениям, которым они будут поставляться", - рассказал журналистам секретарь Совета национальной безопасности и обороны Украины Александр Турчинов во время посещения учебного центра Национальной гвардии.

    По словам секретаря СНБО, после испытаний бронеавтомобили "сразу поступят на вооружение наших военных".
    By the way, note that the latter part of the news in which Turchinov said those armoured vehicles would be equipped with weaponry and sent to the troops is missing from the English version of the article on the same informational resource: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31465365

    Somehow, the British side does not see the delivery of those armoured vehicles as British involvement in the war:

    She said the delivery did not represent an escalation of British involvement in Ukraine.

    She said: "As the foreign secretary has made clear, our policy since the beginning of the crisis has been to supply non-lethal assistance to the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

    "
    They offer protective mobility to personnel, and are defensive in nature; they are not close combat vehicles."
    So, the British regard the delivery of the 75 armoured vehicles which are said by Ukraine to be equipped with the weaponry and sent to the Ukrainian troops is totally ok. I guess, in response, Russia could officially provide Novorossia with tanks which has their guns locked with padlocks and claim that the delivery of those armoured vehicles does not represent Russian involvement in the war and only provide armoured shield to the tank crew. And the fact that the Novorossian army can break the padlock and use the gun that is the sovereign right of the Novorossian military and has nothing to do with Russia. How sweet..

  8. #268
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by eisenherz View Post
    In the country where i live it is illegal for citizens to participate in armed forces and wars of other countries. If citizens here were to be involved in war-actions of other countries, they could expect to be arrested when they return. Do you know if in terms of Russian law this is permitted?
    I don't know anything about such a law and don't know if it exists in Russia.

  9. #269
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Ух ты, прогресс пошёл: значит, somewhat likely.
    Let me re-phrase it to prevent double-meaning: I don't think Russia supplies arms and troops to Ukraine.
    I also don't think that it's necessary to supply arms because there are a lot of weapons inside Ukraine, from the Cold War period, would be enough for 2-3 wars. As for the troops - there is also no point, because volunteers from inside Ukraine and other countries, including Russia do come to Ukraine. There are a lot of volunteers from Serbia, because they think they take their revenge against the US for losing Kosovo

  10. #270
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,979
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Let me re-phrase it to prevent double-meaning: I don't think Russia supplies arms and troops to Ukraine.
    I also don't think that it's necessary to supply arms because there are a lot of weapons inside Ukraine, from the Cold War period, would be enough for 2-3 wars. As for the troops - there is also no point, because volunteers from inside Ukraine and other countries, including Russia do come to Ukraine. There are a lot of volunteers from Serbia, because they think they take their revenge against the US for losing Kosovo
    Это ничего: ты можешь так думать. Но тогда почему украинские войска ни разу не наступали, только обороняются? И даже оборониться нормально не могут.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  11. #271
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Это ничего: ты можешь так думать. Но тогда почему украинские войска ни разу не наступали, только обороняются? И даже оборониться нормально не могут.
    Я не согласен
    Удачные наступления ВСУ, 2014г.:
    - 15 апреля украинские военные вернули контроль над аэропортом в районе городов Славянск и Краматорск
    - 7 мая украинским батальонам Нацгвардии удалось захватить здание горсовета Мариуполя
    - 26 мая около двух часов дня украинские силовики нанесли удар по повстанцам, попытавшимся взять под контроль международный аэропорт Донецка. Были задействованы два самолёта Су-25, два МиГ-29 и 4 вертолёта Ми-24, была произведена высадка десанта
    - 2 июня украинские силовики совершили авианалёт на Луганск, в результате чего погибли 8 человек
    - 13 июня батальон «Азов» при поддержке украинских силовиков и бронетехники зачистили городской центр Мариуполя от повстанцев ДНР.
    - 5 июля контроль над Славянском перешёл к украинским силовикам, а 6 июля украинский флаг был поднят над Дружковкой и Артёмовском.
    - 22 июля повстанцы отступили из Северодонецка, Лисичанска, Кировска и Попасной. На две недели был утерян контроль над Саур-Могилой.
    источник
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Вооруж...Украины

    После разгрома под Илловайском в августе ВСУ потеряло множество боеспособных частей - людей и техники и начались в основном оборонительные противостояния
    Кстати прорыв из Артемовска в Дебальцево и объединение с остатками регулярных частей ВСУ под Углегорском, летом-осенью 2014 тоже можно назвать удачным наступление ВСУ, правда сейчас они очень неудачно попали в окружение, а командование их попросту слило

  12. #272
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,979
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Я не согласен
    Удачные наступления ВСУ, 2014г.:
    - 15 апреля украинские военные вернули контроль над аэропортом в районе городов Славянск и Краматорск
    - 7 мая украинским батальонам Нацгвардии удалось захватить здание горсовета Мариуполя
    - 26 мая около двух часов дня украинские силовики нанесли удар по повстанцам, попытавшимся взять под контроль международный аэропорт Донецка. Были задействованы два самолёта Су-25, два МиГ-29 и 4 вертолёта Ми-24, была произведена высадка десанта
    - 2 июня украинские силовики совершили авианалёт на Луганск, в результате чего погибли 8 человек
    - 13 июня батальон «Азов» при поддержке украинских силовиков и бронетехники зачистили городской центр Мариуполя от повстанцев ДНР.
    - 5 июля контроль над Славянском перешёл к украинским силовикам, а 6 июля украинский флаг был поднят над Дружковкой и Артёмовском.
    - 22 июля повстанцы отступили из Северодонецка, Лисичанска, Кировска и Попасной. На две недели был утерян контроль над Саур-Могилой.

    После разгрома под Илловайском в августе ВСУ потеряло множество боеспособных частей - людей и техники и начались в основном оборонительные противостояния

    источник
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Вооруж...Украины
    А, понятно. Значит, за пять месяцев этой войны ВСУ потеряли вооружение, рассчитанное на "2 - 3 войны", и тогда, как я понимаю, Россия серьёзно вступила в действие. В общем, Украине действительно нужна помощь.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  13. #273
    Почтенный гражданин 14Russian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Not where you live.
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Russia is involved the question is how.
    The West claims that Russia sends weapons and regular troops to Ukraine, that is highly unlikely.
    However things like: satellite images, uniforms, radios, food, as well as motivated volunteers do come to rebels from Russia. But such things also come to pro-Kiev forces(or as CNN said pro-American forces) from the West, maybe in lesser quantities.
    LOL! So, the US is sending things but Russia is not? Well, at least, the West is not sending weapons (yet?). It's obvious Russia is sending weapons and military gear. There's no way there would be such an unlimited supply already in the Eastern part of Ukraine.

    Russia shelled Ukrainians from within its own territory, says study | World news | The Guardian

    Remembering the shelling: 'We saw a glow, they were burned alive' | World news | The Guardian

    Putinoids don't have any credibility - Russia doesn't either - 'There's no green men...' Russia obviously sanctions anything the rebels are doing. They could stop this if they wanted but they don't care that people are killing each other. I know Ukrainians don't like this (idea) but, IMHO, they should try to figure out, at what point, will the rebels stop....and go from there.

  14. #274
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    А, понятно. Значит, за пять месяцев этой войны ВСУ потеряли вооружение, рассчитанное на "2 - 3 войны", и тогда, как я понимаю, Россия серьёзно вступила в действие. В общем, Украине действительно нужна помощь.
    Мне кажется вы путаете причину и следствие, я попробую объяснить
    Вооружение и сейчас есть, причем у ВСУ его значительно больше.
    Но после потери части вооружения под Илловайском это вооружение перешло на сторону ВСН, что позволило им существенно укрепить армию, это раз. Кстати в Дебальцево сейчас происходит тоже самое, ссылочки на видео с оставленными ВСУ ящиками со снарядами надо давать, или так поверите?
    Второе, под Илловайском у ВСУ было потеряно много специалистов-военных, там же был потерян боевой дух и отношение к верховному командованию - Илловайск таки оставили умирать. Восполнить кадровых военных Киев не смог, поэтому решил проблему кадров с помощью мобилизации, но это не те люди, да и воевать многие не хотят, а идут просто потому, что боятся сесть в тюрьму, поэтому дезертирство с поля боя имеет место быть.

  15. #275
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post
    It's obvious Russia is sending weapons and military gear.
    Could you explain it to me how it's done, logistically?
    Just FYI there are OSCE observers on a border between Russia and Ukraine.

  16. #276
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Measuring diameter of craters on satellite images and predicting where a shell came from based solemnly on that is not even wahtaboutery it's just BS.

    And here is a confirmation, from the very article
    An independent military forensics expert warned that the accuracy of crater analysis in determining direction of fire on the basis of satellite photography was scientifically unproven
    Bottom line - BS

  17. #277
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,979
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Мне кажется вы путаете причину и следствие, я попробую объяснить
    Вооружение и сейчас есть, причем у ВСУ его значительно больше.
    Но после потери части вооружения под Илловайском это вооружение перешло на сторону ВСН, что позволило им существенно укрепить армию, это раз. Кстати в Дебальцево сейчас происходит тоже самое, ссылочки на видео с оставленными ВСУ ящиками со снарядами надо давать, или так поверите?
    Второе, под Илловайском у ВСУ было потеряно много специалистов-военных, там же был потерян боевой дух и отношение к верховному командованию - Илловайск таки оставили умирать. Восполнить кадровых военных Киев не смог, поэтому решил проблему кадров с помощью мобилизации, но это не те люди, да и воевать многие не хотят, а идут просто потому, что боятся сесть в тюрьму, поэтому дезертирство с поля боя имеет место быть.
    Я могу многое путать, но одно несомненно, и я это чуть раньше уже говорила: Украина не может выиграть войну с Россией. И те, кто начали эту войну, это тоже знали, и что многие тысячи людей погибнут их не смутило. Ещё тысячи могут погибнуть непонятно за что.

  18. #278
    Почтенный гражданин 14Russian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Not where you live.
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Measuring diameter of craters on satellite images and predicting where a shell came from based solemnly on that is not even wahtaboutery it's just BS.

    And here is a confirmation, from the very article

    Bottom line - BS
    So what? IT just says it's unproven. There's lots of info reported that Russia has been involved but of course, every single one of them is denied by Putinoids. Yeah, I suppose NONE are accurate. But, logically, Russia borders this region in Ukraine and the rebels never seem to run out of military equipment. I am using a logical argument here. You are not.

  19. #279
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post
    So what? IT just says it's unproven. There's lots of info reported that Russia has been involved but of course, every single one of them is denied by Putinoids. Yeah, I suppose NONE are accurate. But, logically, Russia borders this region in Ukraine and the rebels never seem to run out of military equipment. I am using a logical argument here. You are not.
    About credibility of Kiev's "proofs"
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/14/wo...tion.html?_r=0

    When Senator James Inhofe took the floor of the Senate on Wednesday to argue for arming the Ukrainian military, he brought with him what he called indisputable proof of Moscow’s support for the separatists in eastern Ukraine — a poster with three large photographs of “Russian tanks entering Ukrainian territory.” In his prepared remarks, Mr. Inhofe, a Republican from Oklahoma, said the images of “Russian troops in T-72 tanks, B.T.R. armored personnel carriers, and B.M.P. infantry fighting vehicles entering eastern Ukraine” constituted evidence of “an invasion of the Ukraine by Russia.”
    In fact, one of the images showing Russian tanks in South Ossetia in 2008 that was provided to Mr. Inhofe was posted on the website of Ukraine’s foreign ministry on Aug. 1 as supposed proof that “a long convoy of armored vehicles and several KAMAZ with armed men crossed Ukrainian-Russian border” one day earlier.
    So if there is no proof then Kiev "makes" it, that's how it was done since the beginning of this conflict

  20. #280
    Почтенный гражданин 14Russian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Not where you live.
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    9
    Interesting comments:

    And either the Russians must be magicians in they way they opperate or the Ukrainians as dumb as a stump in not capturing even one offical soldier of Russia as proof.

    They've captured far more than one. Putin even admitted one group had crossed over the border and been captured by Ukrainian forces. After they admitted it themselves on camera. I believe he claimed they were "lost".

    end of comments
    Russia just claims ignorance in everything when they are caught. Putin is former KGB and their entire system is FSB-based. They have control over the media, vk and security so they can deny anything and spin it so that blame can be on the West. Of course, the West are hypocrites but just because they deserve blame, it doesn't mean that some evidence that is uncovered that implicates Russia can be tossed automatically which is what is expected. 'We caught this Russian soldier.' A: Oh, he was lost. I guess pro-Putin Russians expect everyone else to be a *****ing moron.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
  2. Replies: 97
    Last Post: January 5th, 2014, 04:44 PM
  3. iFolder.ru & Torrents.ru --- Latest News in English
    By Hanna in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
  4. The latest from Belgorod?
    By scotcher in forum Culture and History
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 10th, 2004, 11:02 AM
  5. Latest pics from Mars
    By VendingMachine in forum Fun Stuff
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 4th, 2004, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary