Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: G8 Summit and Russia's Prez

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    ...In reality CIA wants to Afghanistan in order not to subdue the Taliban which exists no more but to put its dirty hands on the heroine trade flourishing in the region. Drugs trade is a very profitable business and USA desperately needs money to finance its illegal operations all over the world. A world-scale racketeer.
    Where did you get it from?
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    ...In reality CIA wants to Afghanistan in order not to subdue the Taliban which exists no more but to put its dirty hands on the heroine trade flourishing in the region. Drugs trade is a very profitable business and USA desperately needs money to finance its illegal operations all over the world. A world-scale racketeer.
    Where did you get it from?
    Regional analytical reports. But wait. Goodle returns about 6800000 links on that: Check for yourself
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почтенный гражданин
    And who gave you a right to stop anything that happens in sovereign country? Who gave you the right to say what is good for them and what is evil? Who gave you the right to ram your lifestyle down into throats of others? What makes you think that American way is the best?
    Mind your own business. Every nation has a right to live as they want.
    Wars are about resources and money, not ideology.
    And what gave YOU the right to ram communism down the throats of 14 other nations and bring them into the Soviet Union? Mind your own business.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by RusskiSlav
    And what gave YOU the right to ram communism down the throats of 14 other nations and bring them into the Soviet Union? Mind your own business.
    And what gave YOU the right to assassinate millions of American Indians, to capture their lands, to impose them your laws? What gave YOU the right to import slaves from Africa and to exploit them?
    Could you please occasionally correct my stupid errors!
    Korrigiert bitte ab und zu meine dummen Fehler!

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Guin
    And what gave YOU the right to ram communism down the throats of 14 other nations and bring them into the Soviet Union? ...
    And what gave YOU the right to assassinate millions of American Indians, to capture their lands, to impose them your laws? ...
    Yeah, and to ram capitalism down their throats...

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    And what gave YOU the right to ram communism down the throats of 14 other nations and bring them into the Soviet Union? ...
    And what gave YOU the right to assassinate millions of American Indians, to capture their lands, to impose them your laws? ...
    Yeah, and give us back Alaska
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    We'll trade you Alaska for Evgenii Malkin? Fair?
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Почтенный гражданин
    YOU sold us Alaska, we didn't take it over.

OK, the score is US forced our stuff on Indians, Vietnamese, Koreans, Africans, (and some will argue Iraq/Afghanistan). USSR shoved their stuff on Belorussians, Ukrainians, Kazakhs, Kyrgyzs (or however you spell that), Turkmenis, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Armenians, Azerbaijanis, Moldavians, Georgians, Latvians, Lithuanians, and Estonians. And you kept Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Hungary, and Czechoslovakia as satellite nations, forcing communism on them too. So tell me who needs to mind their business more?

And LOL about Evgeni Malkin! He'll be a great addition to the Penguins!

Властелин
    We didn't sell it to the USA. Read the treaty. There was no word "sold", there was "ceded" (I just hope I picked the right word, cos I saw only russian version of the treaty).. По крайней мере в русском варианте есть слово "уступать". А "уступать" в значении того времени "временно давать в управление".

Так что вот так вот
    -- Да? Коту Ваське, бл##?
    -- Нет, Я кот Васька :-/

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    We didn't sell it to the USA. Read the treaty. There was no word "sold", there was "ceded"
    Alright, ceded. Whatever. My point was we didn't just march in and take it away from Russia.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    We didn't sell it to the USA. Read the treaty. There was no word "sold", there was "ceded" (I just hope I picked the right word, cos I saw only russian version of the treaty).. По крайней мере в русском варианте есть слово "уступать". А "уступать" в значении того времени "временно давать в управление".

Так что вот так вот
    What is your point exactly? That it was signed over under duress? Or that it was in some other way illegitimate? Because you can split hairs over "sold" or "cede" all you want, but at the end of the day you're still saying the same thing: A large amount of money was given to the Government of Russia for Alaska.

Увлечённый спикер

Re: G8 Summit and Russia's Prez

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio

Quote Originally Posted by pisces
    Free medicine - there was one but the quality was on the same level as the price (paid indirectly through taxes).
    For free, the Soviet medicine was really not bad (which was admitted by the UNHCR, for examples).
    And, BTW, the modern medicine isn't so good, especially thinking how non-free now it is.
    Sorry, I don't know about the doctors in Russia, but the Russian doctors over here definitely don't know what they're doing. A person who is treated by a Russian doctor either is misdiagnosed or becomes sicker than they were. For example, I have a friend who had just the common cold. He went to a Russian doctor since he's Russian and because they're usually much cheaper to go to than an American doctor. Well, my friend's cold actually worsened due to these 'remedies' this Russian doctor gave him. The cold eventually developed into pneumonia and he was sick for months.

another occasion, a Russian dentist was working out of a basement, or something like that. The same friend has something wrong with his tooth. I'm not sure what procedure he was supposed to have done, but the dentist never finished and left an open wound in his mouth.

Now, you would think that my friend would be smart enough to go to another doctor after these 2 occasions, but unfortunately he's not. He went to an eye doctor because his eyes have been extremely red. He went to the doctor and was diagnosed with pink eye. My friend was given eye drops to clear it up.. Well, 3 months later, my friend still has red eyes. Pink eye does not ever last that long and it is highly contagious.. No one else around him has it.

As far as the education goes over there, I hear it is much better than over here. However, many of the degrees obtained there don't transfer here. They're sort of lost in translation.
    Если я ошибаюсь, исправляйте меня, пожалуйста.

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie

Well, that is quite an oversimplifaction, young Jedi. He vetoed the bill that would allow stem cell research using live cells from embryos. The veto doesn't put any limitation on stem cell research using adult cells. The difference is that to get the stem cells from embyros you have to kill the embyro, being a potential human being, while adult cells you can just scrape off your skin to grow more skin. So your statement: "if I could be saved by growing cells from my own body" isn't against the law, unless you are an embyro. But if you were an embyro, you wouldn't need a lung in the first place. So that's that.
    That in itself is a bit of a simplification. He didn't veto a bill allowing the research, he vetoed a bill allowing federal funding for that research.
    Correct! People can still donate money to the research.. private and public companies I mean.
    Если я ошибаюсь, исправляйте меня, пожалуйста.

Завсегдатай
    OK, the score is US forced our stuff on Indians, Vietnamese, Koreans, Africans, (and some will argue Iraq/Afghanistan). USSR shoved their stuff on Belorussians, Ukrainians, Kazakhs, Kyrgyzs (or however you spell that), Turkmenis, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Armenians, Azerbaijanis, Moldavians, Georgians, Latvians, Lithuanians, and Estonians. And you kept Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Hungary, and Czechoslovakia as satellite nations, forcing communism on them too. So tell me who needs to mind their business more?
    First USA is keeping as satellite nations half of the world.

Second, you probably don't know a lot about your own history.

Most recent military invasions to other independent states by USA (including air bombings):
    Most of these acts caused thousands and millions of innocent lifes (not soldiers or terrorists,but civilians).
    Korea (early 50th)
    Cuba (1961, failed)
    Dominican Republic (1965)
    Vietnam (1965-1973)
    Laos (approximately the same time)
    Grenada (1983-1985)
    Libya (1986)
    Panama (1988 or 1989)
    Afganistan, Sudan (199
    and don't forget former Yugoslavia and Iraq, which you keep bombing since 1991.

That's only what I remember, I'm sure there are more.

What happened in 1998 in Afghanistan?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    What happened in 1998 in Afghanistan?
    Missile strikes. Actually they wasn't large-scale and I'm not sure there were a lot of victims. Still it was intrusion.

Oh yeah, that was when Bill Clinton sent a couple of cruise missles to try to take out Osama... It is all coming back to me!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

It is all coming back to me!
    With Osama sitting astride!
    English Edition

В обычных странах церковь отделена от государства, а в России - от Бога.

Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah? Where? What nations do we keep as our property where we force them to follow our form of government and invade them and crush revolts if they don't?

Завсегдатай
    Yeah? Where? What nations do we keep as our property where we force them to follow our form of government and invade them and crush revolts if they don't?
    Canadia. All your Polar Bears are belong to us.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast