Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do Russians marry young?

Завсегдатай
    Like lenin =) he had some mongolian in him, thats why he was so funny lookin.

BTW Pioner. i think the term is 'mongolian'... Mongliod is like, what we call retarded people who all look the same.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Yes, you are quite right. At least one of Lenin's grandparents was Tatar.

Завсегдатай
    I knew reading that 450 page book about him would come in handy one day.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин
    Чё ?!?!

Wait....... Wait just ONE minute.

Is Plushenko even a REAL russian??? REAL REALLY RUSSIAN?
    His name looks an awful bit Ukrainian to me.
    He cant be your favorite russian if hes not even a real russian. That's as crazy as calling putin democratic.
    I wondered about his name too. I know he was born in Russia in Solnechni (Khabarovsk region in Siberia), and he has lived in Russia all his life. He is very patriotic too, a lot of skaters like Yagudin left Russia to train in other countries but he loves Russia so much he said he would never leave. Plus he skates for Russia, in my book he's a REAL Russian.

Завсегдатай
    i bet his grandpas a lousy bum in lvov or something.

Почтенный гражданин russkayalove's Avatar
    What do you think about people from Kyrgystan? This guy I was seeing for awhile was from there, and when I first met him he said he was Russian. He looked well....hott to say at the least, but definately like he had some asian in him. He later told me he was half tatar. Whenever I tell my x-boyfriend who is Russian, from Novosibirsk to be exact, that the guy I was seeing is Russian he would get so mad and be like "he is not Russian!" However, culturally he seems to be Russian in many ways.

Почтенный гражданин
    Novosibirsk is everywhere! Don't you think this city appears too often?

P.S. I live in Novosibirsk too
    My English isn't so good, зато с русским все в порядке ))
    I'll be very thankful, if you correct my mistakes.

Почтенный гражданин russkayalove's Avatar
    I know more Russians from Novosibirsk than from any other city or town in Russia to speak of.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmov
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioner
    Well there were a lot of asian genes found in Russians genom. There is a lot of tartar influence found in Russian culture, starting with "frying" which came from tartars. Outside of 400 of paying taxes to tatars, Russia was OCCUPIED by tatars, and it was not an overnight event, believe. Still there were a lot of tatars representative in Russian княжествах, icluding tartar troops who were depended on Russian Prince. Do you believe they had no contacts with Russians at all?
    I do not want to argue the point that Russians have Tatar genes or vice-versa. It doesn't matter I suppose. And I do not reject Tatar influence to Russian culture at all, but it couldn't be overwhelming, otherwise Russians would be muslims nowadays

And what if some Russians have Tatars blood? I just do not understand your statement that the Russians that have Tatar genes are not TRUE Russian. It is a sheer nonsense, I would say. Say, just, that any German who has Jewish blood is not a TRUE German, or any American who has Indian or African blood is not a TRUE Amercan, or any Spaniard who has Arabic blood is not a TRUE Spaniard and, in some countries, you would be sued for nacism, racism and so on Don't you see any analogies here?
    Not a big deal. I was just surprised with the conception of REAL Russian vs Ukranian. I do not think that that there is much difference in the cultures. So the this argument should be void.

BTW, I heard that prince Vladimir was choosing between accepting Christianity vs Islam. And choosed Christianity as he did not like the idea of circumcision. Maybe just a historical anekdot, but could be true, that Russia could turn an Islamic country. And not because of tartars. Tartars accepted Islam much later then Russians and Ukranians accepted Chrisianity.
    DO NOT READ MY SIGNATURE!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfaerie
    ...got asian DNA in my митохондриях (do not know English spelling for the word).
    mitochondria?
    thank you. I will forget that soon, again.

Почтенный гражданин

BTW Pioner. i think the term is 'mongolian'... Mongliod is like, what we call retarded people who all look the same.
    Lenin had a lot of kalmyk blood in him, that's why he look mongloid/asian.

No, for retarded people is something different. Kids with Down syndrom got usually got face which look very similar to Mongloid/asian type. Just by accident, genes work somehow this way. That's why another name for Down Sysndrom is Mongolian syndrom. No correlation with Mongolians so far, it is like link Заячья Губа к зайцам и кроликам.

That brought an almost andekdotical story to my life, when my wife was pregnat, some tests shows possibility of Down syndrom (1/52 chances). But doctors made a huge issue of that. Stupid system, really. But anyhow, chromosome analysis afterwards showed that everything was normal. But before that my mother-in-low were speculating that I got some mongolian blood in me, that's why the child my have Mongolian syndrom.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Sounds like your mother-in-law was educated in US.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by russkayalove
    What do you think about people from Kyrgystan? This guy I was seeing for awhile was from there, and when I first met him he said he was Russian. He looked well....hott to say at the least, but definately like he had some asian in him. He later told me he was half tatar. Whenever I tell my x-boyfriend who is Russian, from Novosibirsk to be exact, that the guy I was seeing is Russian he would get so mad and be like "he is not Russian!" However, culturally he seems to be Russian in many ways.
    Well that guy from Novosibisk was not right. And guessing by appearence is racist I believe. Anyhow, the culture is what makes you any ethnic mostly. Me, personally, being tartar/bashkir, most of my culture is Russian. I speak Russian, I listen Russian music, I read Russian books, I count money on Russian (that's the best test to find what is your real native language). Unfortunately I do not have too much money to count.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Sounds like your mother-in-law was educated in US.
    yep, pure american, but a funny part, she was a teacher of biology.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by russkayalove
    I know more Russians from Novosibirsk than from any other city or town in Russia to speak of.
    I do not think I know anybody from Novosibirsk, but I got a lot of friends, scientists from Russia, who live here. Some of them can be from Novosibirsk.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmov
    Yes, you are quite right. At least one of Lenin's grandparents was Tatar.
    No, as I wrote, I heard he got Kalmyk ancestors.

Старший оракул
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Почтенный гражданин
    no, it doesn't.

FL
    Почтенный гражданин

No, for retarded people is something different. Kids with Down syndrom got usually got face which look very similar to Mongloid/asian type. Just by accident, genes work somehow this way. That's why another name for Down Sysndrom is Mongolian syndrom. No correlation with Mongolians so far, it is like link Заячья Губа к зайцам и кроликам.
    I never have heard something like this - "Mongliod is like, what we call retarded people who all look the same". It is specific western viewpoint.

Завсегдатай
    Well its the truth. Its not viewpoint its just a term.

Mongolian- People from mongolia
    Mongliod- Retarded looking people with no features.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast