Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Reading names

  1. #1
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,348
    Rep Power
    11

    Reading names


  2. #2
    MOG
    MOG is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    9
    This one seems a good work.
    http://homepage3.nifty.com/giboshi/name.htm
    Including quite a good number of names that I've never heard of

  3. #3
    MOG
    MOG is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    9
    This is not about names but I think it may be not bad to know some of them..
    http://www.asakura.ne.jp/coga/chatter/chat003.htm

  4. #4
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,348
    Rep Power
    11
    Thanks, they look quite interesting.

  5. #5
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,348
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by MOG
    This is not about names but I think it may be not bad to know some of them..
    http://www.asakura.ne.jp/coga/chatter/chat003.htm
    面白いですね。私は、「奴」と 「訳」と 「在る」 を知りました。

    そう、「ある日」は 「或る日」 ですか。

    時々、難しいですけど... 

    例えば:
    「他人」は、いつ「ひと」と読みますか?*
    *can いつ work like this? ("когда 他人 читается как ひと?")
    Я подобные ситуации иногда видел в комиксах (напр. пишем 他人 а фуриганой написано ひと), но я всегда думал, что это просто авторские пояснения -- типа сказал это, а имел в виду конкретно вот это.

    「訊く」は 聞く と同じですか?

  6. #6
    MOG
    MOG is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy

    例えば:
    「他人」は、いつ「ひと」と読みますか?*
    Why don’t we think it the way around?
    When you speak ひと with the meaning of “others”, you can write 他人. But there is a case I can think of now in which you should say たにん besides ひと. I can’t give you good explanation for it, sorry.
    Let’s see with the example in the following situation.
    女:あなたの助けが必要なの。何とかならない?(I need your help. Will you do something?)
    男:いまは自分の仕事で本当に忙しいんだ、わかってくれ。(I’m really busy now with my own job, you see?)
    女:他人(ひと)のことなんか構ってられないっていうの?結局、私なんかあなたにとって、所詮他人(たにん )なのね。(You don’t mind about my affairs? So I’m just a casual buddy for you, after all.)
    I’m quite not sure if my English works well here. I hope you can understand it with the good sense to Japanese.

    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    *can いつ work like this? ("когда 他人 читается как ひと?")
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    Я подобные ситуации иногда видел в комиксах (напр. пишем 他人 а фуриганой написано ひと), но я всегда думал, что это просто авторские пояснения -- типа сказал это, а имел в виду конкретно вот это.
    It's a very possible case.

    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    「訊く」は 聞く と同じですか?
    I think it just mean to ask, but 漢和辞典 says
    【訊】
    字音:ジン
    意読:とう(とふ)/たより
    《意味》
    1.{動}とう(トフ)。逃げ口上を考えるひまを与えないように、口早にといただす。広く、罪をせめとう。 罪をとがめたずねる。また、たずねる。質問をする。「尋問(ジンモン)」
    2.{名}たより。てがみ。類義語:信。「音訊(オンシン)(=音信)」
    Heh, I didn't know. It's not just to ask, but to do so that one can't come up with a lie.

  7. #7
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,348
    Rep Power
    11
    Thanks for your help!

    Quote Originally Posted by MOG
    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    例えば:
    「他人」は、いつ「ひと」と読みますか?*
    Why don’t we think it the way around?
    When you speak ひと with the meaning of “others”, you can write 他人. But there is a case I can think of now in which you should say たにん besides ひと. I can’t give you good explanation for it, sorry.
    Let’s see with the example in the following situation.
    女:あなたの助けが必要なの。何とかならない?(I need your help. Will you do something?)
    男:いまは自分の仕事で本当に忙しいんだ、わかってくれ。(I’m really busy now with my own job, you see?)
    女:他人(ひと)のことなんか構ってられないっていうの?結局、私なんかあなたにとって、所詮他人(たにん )なのね。(You don’t mind about my affairs? So I’m just a casual buddy for you, after all.)
    I’m quite not sure if my English works well here. I hope you can understand it with the good sense to Japanese.
    I think I understand what you mean. It wouldn't have been a problem if it were just some other character, but it just felt strange to read 他人, which includes 人, as ひと.

    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    「訊く」は 聞く と同じですか?
    I think it just mean to ask, but 漢和辞典 says
    [quote:384dfkut]
    【訊】
    字音:ジン
    意読:とう(とふ)/たより
    《意味》
    1.{動}とう(トフ)。逃げ口上を考えるひまを与えないように、口早にといただす。広く、罪をせめとう。 罪をとがめたずねる。また、たずねる。質問をする。「尋問(ジンモン)」
    2.{名}たより。てがみ。類義語:信。「音訊(オンシン)(=音信)」
    Heh, I didn't know. It's not just to ask, but to do so that one can't come up with a lie. [/quote:384dfkut]
    Vow!

Similar Threads

  1. Reading
    By DDT in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 24th, 2010, 05:46 PM
  2. Need Help in Proof-reading
    By Rtyom in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 26th, 2007, 07:53 AM
  3. while reading a book...
    By kamka in forum English
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 27th, 2006, 10:40 PM
  4. more problems reading
    By 1004Ira in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 7th, 2004, 04:08 PM
  5. Problems reading
    By 1004Ira in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2004, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary