Thread: suggestion for a new Lounge

Почётный участник

suggestion for a new Lounge

since Italian is a major language and one of the romance languages.... why not a Italian Lounge? ....
    How I wish, how i wish you were here. Were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl. Year after Year. Running over the same ground, have we found, same old fear. Wish you were here.

Завсегдатай
    an* italian lounge. And, I don't know exactly why, but my guess would be we've never had a substantial amount of people 1) speaking Italian at any one time here. Or two, people asking to learn.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почётный участник
    You'd be amazed.. there is as much people who would want to learn italian as any other language (russian,spanish,english etc.) ... should post a Poll and ask the members of the site...
    How I wish, how i wish you were here. Were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl. Year after Year. Running over the same ground, have we found, same old fear. Wish you were here.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Rounder22
    You'd be amazed.. there is as much people who would want to learn italian as any other language (russian,spanish,english etc.) ... should post a Poll and ask the members of the site...
    Many languages lounges are not filled because there are forums specific for certain languages where you can get advice from native speakers, advanced learners and which already accumulated enough users and resources (e.g. useful links). Why would you come to Master Russian to learn Italian?
    Anatoli - Анатолий - أناتولي - 阿纳托利 - アナトーリー - 아나톨리

Почётный участник
    Then why have any other language lounges at all in Masterrussian.com ? ... obviously some people are interested in learning other languages as well while exploring russian on this site.. but if not why have the lounges? and if your going to have them why not have the most popular major languages of the world? .... some of the languages that are in the Lounge area aren't exactly as wide spoken or popular as italian or other languages don't you think? ....

The reason to have other lounges was explained when it was just starting about 18 months ago. The reason being -- an experiment! Of course the main direction for this website is Russian but people also have an option to discuss other languages if they happen to learn them along with Russian. I will add an Italian Lounge since Italian is quiet a popular language however this request for Italian lounge is the first one during 18 months or so.
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Rounder22
    Then why have any other language lounges at all in Masterrussian.com ? ... obviously some people are interested in learning other languages as well while exploring russian on this site.. but if not why have the lounges? and if your going to have them why not have the most popular major languages of the world? .... some of the languages that are in the Lounge area aren't exactly as wide spoken or popular as italian or other languages don't you think? ....
    Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against Italian language. I stated my reasons above. Una bella lingua!
    Anatoli - Анатолий - أناتولي - 阿纳托利 - アナトーリー - 아나톨리