Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: question on how russians dress compared to americans

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Dude, get over it. Just think of all the people your age right now that have been kidnaped and are fighting in a war, or the kids that don't have sweet f-all to eat and stuff.

If you have food, clothes and shealter, your doing alright.
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    im not alright, where is my russian book huh? wheres my damn grammar mastering kit! i'd much rather be in a war, than stuck sitting here all day. at least in war u get to kill things, and get exercise. and get to shoot guns, alot, right now im just rotting away.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    You only rot away at your own choice.

Get out and do somthing then, I don't know what, I just sit on my computer all day, but I like that, so I don't think of it as rotting away.
    I hate Signatures

Почётный участник
    16 and rotting away all summer? Hmmm.....sounds like it's time for someone to get a job. You know, it IS possible to work part time and learn Russian all in one summer.
    Yay! I broke 200 posts!

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    how long do your "summer" hollidays go for?
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    for both of your informations... i have submitted 7 applications and gone to 2 interviews in the past week. and second, theres nothinh wrong with sitting infront of the computer, but its starting to be nicer outside, and i want to go outside but none of my computer geek friends do, so i just waste the days.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    See thats what windows are for.

You can open them, and then like, air and stuff out side, comes inside.

Windows, a practical alternitive to going out side !
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    Посмотри в окно

ну и что.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    I painted my windows black so that the sun wouldn't come in.

I hate the sun.
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    ненавидишь солнце?

ты покупаешь краски в магазине покупаешь щетки краски ты хочешь красить твою квартиру черную.

JB
    Старший оракул
    Well Dogboy, if you lived in Russia you probably wouldn't have to do "women's work" but you had better start saving your money to support the wife and kids you'll have when you turn 20.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Rasing kids and stuff when your only 23 would be bloody hard.
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    yea, kids ... great, but a wife, who can argue with that? кто будет спорить с презервативом?

Почтенный гражданин russkayalove's Avatar
    you had better start saving your money to support the wife and kids you'll have when you turn 20.
    Wife and kids at twenty, wow! I know a few (very few), but I could'nt imagine having a husband and kids right now. Where did this comment come from? I can't read Russian yet... so yea. How could you manage to really do anything with your life if you had kids at 20, like go to school and work. It would be very hard.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Why do people think that once you have kids your life is over. I guess I'm a few years above 20 now, and I have been looking after a friends daughter after she had an illness, and it's great. I love it.

Once she goes back with her mother then I'll probably adopt or somthing.
    I hate Signatures

JB
    Старший оракул
    russkayalove, I got this from page 4, see jejik's last post.

z80, kids ARE great! I have always worked with kids and love it. I also have my own who are my best friends.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Подающий надежды оратор
    That reminds me of something that happened. A friend of mine went to New Zealand, and he wasn't trusted by the people. Later they found out that he was Canadian and not American like they thought. Afterwards, it was all smiles and laughs. I don't know why this happened, but it did.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Thats common in this part of the world too.

I think it's got to do with the American sailors, and when ever theres an American ship docked in a port, the city nearest that port has lots of rapes and assults.

Unfortunatly, this sort of puts the rest of the Americans in a bad light as well.

From an NZ perspective, America is not trusted, and is seen as a very corupt country.
    I hate Signatures

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedDoughnuts
    *sighs at dogboy* i knew i should have put a disclaimer at the bottom not to include negative stereotypes, but i had hoped people werent so narrow minded on this forum. you're sterotyping millions of people from a few idiots who only care about themselves. lets try this again. excluding tourists, and only concentrating on americans who travel to russia for other reasons such as education, business, family, etc., what do americans do differently in their dress and the way they look/carry themselves?
    P.S. thanks for the reply ekalin : ) thats the kind of things i was wondering about, although not the only thing

wow lets just ignore everything negative in the world, lets just put everything bad out of site and just push it away. even if your friend looks dumb just lie! tell them they look good. i'm so tired of daisy growers sugar coating everything, and not looking at the whole picture. it's the same soccer moms that love to ban video games that are so bad because it's wrong to steal cars or say "butt" in a video game. well, i say america is retarted, im tired of retarted americans, and i wish my own country wasn't so retarted. it's freakin embarassing.
    How many soccer moms do you know that banned a video game with the word "butt" in it?

I live in this damn country, and I don't know of ANY video games being banned.

By the way, what's up with you and soccer moms? Is your mom a soccer mom? How many soccer moms do you know?
    Call to a hardware store: "I'm sure you know more about the caulk than I do...tell me...is there a taste to the caulk?".

Завсегдатай
    i was using that as an example. if could comprehend things with the slightest bit of sarcasm, i was meaning they ban things for the stupidest reasons. like, i hate how. whever some kid cuts off his finger, or throws boiling water on his friend. they say he "was immatating a stunt he saw on jackass" ok i have seen every episode of jackass, and seen the movie also. no where in there did anyone throw bioling water on anybody. (i saw this on the news last night) it just надоело me so much !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast