Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: question on how russians dress compared to americans

JB
    Старший оракул

how russians dress

Mike, PLEASE go to the dentist!!!!
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

mike
    Psh, what good's a dentist. Pay $50 for a checkup so he can discover all the cavities I already know are there and charge me another few hundred to fill them. They're worse than doctors, and I haven't been to one of them since I had to get a physical and immunization for high school-- and even that was only because it cost 50 cents at the public clinic. I'm going to raise my kids on dental hygiene the same way I was: brush twice a day and that's good enough. If you have a cavity and it's a loosening baby tooth, close your eyes and squeeze something tight with both hands while I wrap my forefingers in toilet paper and get to work. Otherwise stop whining about it.

JB
    Старший оракул

how russians dress

Look in the mirror and picture yourself with no teeth, or gold teeth (very fashionable in Russia).

Почтенный гражданин russkayalove's Avatar
    Too many American women dress like men (wear jeans and t-shirt). I can't even wear a decent skirt without getting stared at or whistled at! I wish more American women would dress like ladies so that the rest of us who like to would not look like we're trying too hard, or we're overly dressed.

JB
    Старший оракул

how russians dress

russkayalove,
    So you dress like a girl but get mad when men notice? Perhaps you should just wear the baggy jeans and t-shirt.

Почётный участник
    along with fashion trends and such comes (usially) hair style. thus how clued up are russians there it seems that guys are VERY keen on the side parting, thoughts?
    "Нельзя запретить человеку сделать себе большую куклу из воска и целовать её."

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    wow lets just ignore everything negative in the world, lets just put everything bad out of site and just push it away. even if your friend looks dumb just lie! tell them they look good. i'm so tired of daisy growers sugar coating everything, and not looking at the whole picture. it's the same soccer moms that love to ban video games that are so bad because it's wrong to steal cars or say "butt" in a video game. well, i say america is retarted, im tired of retarted americans, and i wish my own country wasn't so retarted. it's freakin embarassing.
    wow you obviously have some pent up frustration...chill out, man. i was just saying by not including negative stereotypes that i didnt want people to go off on a tangent about american tourist stereotypes. ive already heard those things a million times and i just wanted to know what was different about the average, at least somewhat polite and nonobtrusive american going to russia for reasons other than travel. i in no way wanted to ignore everything negative. far from it. i wanted you to include negative stuff, just as long as its not a bunch of untrue crap like big cameras and disregard for everything around them. instead of saying negative stereotypes i should have said something else, but i didnt expect someone to explode on me about it. anyway i agree that a lot of america is retarted. im embarrased to go anywhere out of america because i know all the stupid things america has done that we are known for. thats actually part of the reason i was asking this question, because i want at least try to show a few people when i go to russia that not all americans are those idiots with big cameras and loud mouths. oh well everyone probably already stopped reading already so im going to stop.

Почтенный гражданин russkayalove's Avatar
    russkayalove,
    So you dress like a girl but get mad when men notice? Perhaps you should just wear the baggy jeans and t-shirt

No, I don't get mad, maybe I shouldn't have added that exclamation mark in there. The stairing is just annoying, especially if its by other women. The whistleing, well that's actually kindof flattering, but either way, alot of American men just need to get control of themselves. It's not like I wear a skirt every day, but my main point is that I wish more American women would dress nicely, supposedly like how the Russian women do (and the ones I know do). Maybe then the men here wouldn't bust a nut every time they saw a woman looking like a woman!

Tainteddounuts, don't worry about Dogboy, you'll have to get used to him. He's just a raging, underaged alcoholic. (JK Dogboy)

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by jejik
    2) Women look after their man (husbands and sons) too.
    Jejik, Do the men look after there women right too (Obviously generalizing a bit here).

Just in some counties I have noticed that the woman is expected to look after her husband, but the man doesn't seam to cherish his wife or look after her too much.

People like that pi$$ me off.
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    Русскаялюбовь, Покажи мне картина твоя. тогда я сообщу тебя если ты красивая или ни.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Like we were saying, there a lot more rude than other people.

And dogboy, if you only chose go go out with people that, in your opinion, look good, you will miss out on so much in life!
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    ohh trust me, i have lowered my standards for girl, like водил под землей... i still can't get a girlfriend. did u see my pic? i think thats half the problem.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Hell you are an ugly bugger arn't you !! But I bet I can beat that !!! Wait till I get home and put my photo up there. I should be made to put a warning sign on my self so as not to scare young kids.
    I hate Signatures

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by z80
    Quote Originally Posted by jejik
    2) Women look after their man (husbands and sons) too.
    Jejik, Do the men look after there women right too (Obviously generalizing a bit here).

Just in some counties I have noticed that the woman is expected to look after her husband, but the man doesn't seam to cherish his wife or look after her too much.

People like that pi$$ me off.
    I mean that they look after their appearance, but, if you want to know, my husband and my father often say me what I must wear, especially if we will meet his frends or collegues.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    A man telling a woman what to wear? That'll be the day.

Woman have much better dress sence than men.
    I hate Signatures

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    So would a woman be considered an equal to her husband?
    I hate Signatures

Почётный участник
    The woman must be pretty. And who knows how to do it it better then a man?

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    The woman.

Trust me on that one.

So whould you / Most Russian woman concider them selfs equal to there husbands?
    I hate Signatures

Почётный участник
    You didn't understand me at all, why equal? I must be pretty... the friends of my husband must see that I am pretty. Is it bad?

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    I don't know.

Does your husband have to be hansome when you take him to met people? Do you get to tell him what to ware then?
    I hate Signatures

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast