Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad off are Russians in reality?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by waxwing
    Perhaps he meant it had a pH of 7?

I tried testing the pH of Fox, but then my eyes started bleeding when Hannity came on screen and the blood got on the strip and messed up the result, not that I could see the result anyway, what with the hemorrhaging.

Alas, the world shall never know.

Whenever I see Hannity I just want to punch his smug face. Aaaaargh.

Почтенный гражданин

OMFG Sean Hannity

The sight of him...it's making me angry...and Sean won't like me when I'm....
    HULK SMASH!!!!!

Почтенный гражданин
    God, that's awful! We have the same thing in Holland, where we (i.e. normal Dutch people) hate anyone with an overly Christian-looking head (not Christians themselves, mind). Republican heads are even worse, I see.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by smartdude
    nor does America attack civilians.
    Yeah, about that... The media's always highlighting bad US military blunders that hurt foreign civilians, while all kinds of left-activists try showing how America is inadvertantly responsible for non-Americans dying.

Psychotic fundamentalists with guns seem to love this stuff because, to them, it justifies going out and killing the average Western civilian.
    You're not funny... no, wait!
    гы гы гы
    There, I laughed

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi
    Quote Originally Posted by smartdude
    nor does America attack civilians.
    Yeah, about that... The media's always highlighting bad US military blunders that hurt foreign civilians, while all kinds of left-activists try showing how America is inadvertantly responsible for non-Americans dying.

Psychotic fundamentalists with guns seem to love this stuff because, to them, it justifies going out and killing the average Western civilian.
    Oh, like terrorists need some kind of justification. It's justification enough that the West exists. And in any case, I think a lot of terrorists (and potential terrorists, nothin' quite like having your home blown up and your family killed to turn you over to the dark side) are, oh, I don't know, seeing the stuff in the middle east first hand or at least hearing first hand reports from their operatives? They hardly need to watch CNN to figure out what's going on. No, the the so-called "liberal media" is a convenient whipping boy, but it's not the problem here. The problem is that the US is trying to fight a "war on terror" via conventional means, and the funny thing about that is, smart bombs may be smart, but they can't tell a terrorist apart from any other civilian-lookin' guy running around in the desert. Apparently some our own troops can't tell the difference between a wedding party and a terrorist camp. So until we invent mind-reading homing beacons, fighting terrorism with a conventional army is, in a word, retarded.

You'd think the US government would have learned something about the futility of fighting a "war on [vague concept]" during the War on Drugs, but noooooo.

I think it's good that the media are are publicizing the military's mistakes. If the US wants to be the world's policeman, it should behave like a proper police force and not the Rodney King-era LAPD. Rumsfeld would be overjoyed to sweep anything and everything under the rug, and I for one am happy that the media aren't letting up. Hell, I hope they pound him and other inept and/or corrupt leaders even harder. Feel free to call me a left-activist for thinking that we shouldn't act like idiot barbarians. I'll take it as a compliment.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper May
    God, that's awful! We have the same thing in Holland, where we (i.e. normal Dutch people) hate anyone with an overly Christian-looking head (not Christians themselves, mind). Republican heads are even worse, I see.
    Heh. Can you post an example of a Christian-looking head? I want to know if I have one. I fancy myself a STEALTH CHRISTIAN.

I'm not sure there's a "Republican head," but there sure is a smug bastard head, and between the smugness and the "HUR HUR HUR LIBRULS R SO STOOPID" (and I'm not even a liberal, I just abhor faulty logic and scapegoating, no matter who the victim) schtick Hannity churns out, well...
    HULK SMASH!!!!!!

Почтенный гражданин
    Now, just to send a little bit of love Fox's way, what with my recent Sean Hannity-bashing, I'd like to admit publically: I like Bill O'Reilly.

Oh, I know.

But there's something about watching him gleefully hang up on callers that warms my heart a bit. Now there is a man who is filled with this vague and undefined petty bitterness, and is putting it to good use: being a jerk to idiots who call in to his TV show.

There's an Al Franken quote that I like, where he's talking about O'Reilly. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but it's something like, "I sometimes find myself agreeing with Bill, like when he says the government should stay out of our bedrooms, or when I'm drunk." Which pretty much sums up the way I feel about O'Reilly. That, and it makes me giggle when he yells at Fundies who call in and start complaining about Catholics. My favorite one was when there was a segment about a Church scandal, and this call-in ass was all "bleeh bleeh bleeh it's not just the bad administrators and priests that are a problem but that all Catholics are evil don't you think blah blah" and O'Reilly was like, "DID YOU NOT NOTICE THE 'O-APOSTROPHE' IN MY NAME, IDIOT?"

Hee hee hee.

You're looking out for me, Bill. Me and all the other hyper-irritable people in this world.

Почтенный гражданин
    As long as I've already destroyed the formatting of this page with the Hannity (HULK SMASH!!!!!) pictures, I'll put up a comic that accurately describes the O'Reilly Factor.

Aw, yeah. Bill's an Independent, all right. Independently unpleasant.

Plus, his bio from his vaguely lame official websiteincludes this wonderful line:
    In his spare time, O'Reilly is an avid sleeper.
    I can't help but like him. Is this a sign of mental weakness? Probably. But that's something with which I can live.

Почтенный гражданин
    Examples of Christian (Primarily Protestant - puritan, lutheran, calvinist, reformed or other) Heads:

The second is our Prime Minister...
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Властелин
    That was very interesting, Lindsay (about Bill O'Reilly and Co), thank you very much.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

Почтенный гражданин
    Hee. Friendy, you are a sweetie. Normally people don't thank me for complaining about Fox.

@Jasper: Funny, Christians look like nerds.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Линдзи
    Funny, Christians look like nerds
    They do indeed, Lindsay. They do indeed. Are you catholic or protestant? Catholics are slightly better.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper May
    The second is our Prime Minister...
    Heh! Kids...

It's an official site of Latvian Saeima (parliament). The first one is our ex-prime minister. Also, you can take a look at Latvian president official site.

Я танцую пьяный на столе нума нума е нума нума нума е
    Снова счастье улыбнулось мне нума нума е нума нума нума е

Почётный участник
    Now, just to send a little bit of love Fox's way, what with my recent Sean Hannity-bashing, I'd like to admit publicly: I like Bill O'Reilly.
    Yeah, I like Ol Bill to. Hennity, I don't pay much attention to. Seams as though he does get out of hand from time to time.
    Seen both of them win and loose debates.
    I recently converted to Catholicism, after 4 1/2 years in hell, and desperation for scientific facts about afterlife.
    If you're a media puppet, or not a honest and thural researcher of this subject, you'll probably think them to be fanatical ( and some are ) but in deeper research, that is only 1 of 3 religions I've been able to find that has no flaws, the only Christian one.
    I can't stand liberals. Their always rude and pissey, and do not use sense, but rather base their entire reasoning on emotional drive, and lie and cheat to get their way. Their also the ones who fight to keep the conservative voice from being herd and running smearing campaigns.
    They represent the sort of people who brought down the Roman Empire and Soviet Union. Their a crowd who is a heavy weight on civilization, offering little, usually nothing at all in return.

As for gun toting people, I happen to be one of them. I and all the gun toting citizens I've ever met are the type of people you would hope to have around during terrorist operations. Most European countries can't picture this, since most of them are not allowed to cary guns ( Russians usually can't even own a handgun ) often leaving them with nothing but a bloodthirsty image of handguns but here in the US, their are allot of places wear everyone and their grandma is toting a gun around ( owning a gun in these places is like owning a screw driver ), and in every one I know of, their is practically no crime, where no one wants to mess with anyone. Their is a reason behind the term: Peacemaker.

Now, as for the Soviet Union VS Russia, I know that their are some Russians who seek to rebuild the Soviet Union. For those of you who do, keep this in mind.
    The Soviet Union is no longer their. They were not risen against, defeated in war or voted out. The Soviet Union collapsed. Like anything, political systems that collapse, collapse because they don't work.
    The Soviet Union was a very costly mistake. Don't make the same mistake again. Get up and work hard to restore your country. If you do, their WILL be rewards. If you take the easy way out ( in the short run ) and reinstall the Soviet Union, things will only get worse, if anything.
    Russia has a hard road ahead, but it has to be gotten through if Russia is to survive, and their is a paradise at the end of it.
    It has to hurt if it's going to heal.
    "Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    http://www.paladinrepublic.com

Властелин
    That was the best post ever, on so many levels.

Почтенный гражданин
    Whoa, not touching that. I think I'll wait for Mike

@Jasper - Catholic. Unfortunately, not the hot Italian kind. Uvy.

Почтенный гражданин
    The only type of christian cooler than a catholic has got to be a russian-orthodox.

Concerning 44Canon's post, GAH. If anything, this is why Arabs hate you. Hulk smash.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah, we've got cool hats. And "I'm sorry, I was raised Catholic" is an excuse for just about every psychological hangup

All I'ma say, 44 Cannon, is that you quite apparently live in a different universe than I. Perhaps a parallel one? It's interesting that you can get our internet in your crazy land, though.

Почётный участник
    I am very simply a free thinker. I do not bound myself to structure and loyalty to systems or groups. Most people today have absolutely no concept for this. By the laws of science and the universe, it's as sane as human beings get, and true concept for that the world really is. True insanity is very common today, while sanity is scarce.
    Personally, I am not sure what you mean by what you said, but I suspect it has to do with the above, thus, the fact that I have a heart and thought process that revolves around independence in mind and lifestyle, which is hated by most people in the world today.
    In terms of worldliness, it has no advantages, since civilization will punish you dearly for it, but the world is not my reason. It's a simple matter of right and wrong, and desire to live in peace forever, as well as those whom I love and care for.
    If you think I am wrong, then try to put some reason against it.
    "Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    http://www.paladinrepublic.com

Почтенный гражданин
    Um, I'd suggest that your comments about "liberals" suggests that you do have a few issues with groups and systems. Just sayin'.

I've got no problem with freethinking. I rather like to believe that I do my own thing. It's illogical thinking that I don't admire.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast