Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Please check for mistakes

  1. #1
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    11

    Please check for mistakes

    I didn't really know where to put it, so I'm putting it here.
    I need to write a short assignment about my favourite movie, and I'd be very grateful if someone could just take a look and check for mistakes. Please, bear in mind I've only been studying Russian properly since October, so don't expect any sophisticated structures: not only I don't know them, but also, the teacher would never believe I've come up with these
    Also, I'm just gonna write "e:" instead of a regular "ye" cause my keyboard refuses to cooperate when it comes to writing the particular letter.

    Мой любимый фильм это "the Beatles Anthology". Это документальный фильм Англискога производства с тысячи девятьсот девяноста пятого году. Режиссе:ром фильма является Боб Смитон (Bob Smeaton). Этот фильм рассказывает историю моего любимого ансабля – Битэльсов год по году (year by year?) от момента в котором они встрецились первый раз. Он очень длинный – десять часов, но он также очень интересный. Есть много интервев, фрагментов концертов, отличных фотографий, ну и хорошой музыки. Можно послушать как Джон, Поль, Джордж и Ринго рассказывают анекдоты, или смешные историе и много узнать обо ансамбле.
    Я уже видяла много фильмов о Битзльсах, и мне кажется, что этот был лучший, я была в восторге от него.

    I didn’t know whether I was supposed to transcribe the title of the movie as well, if so, could you help me out on this one? Transcribing gives me a lot of trouble, unfortunately.
    Also, how do you say that the music was composed/created etc by the Beatles? Would it be something like, музыку создали Битэльсы?

    Большое спасиба!

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Please check for mistakes

    Мой любимый фильм это "the Beatles Anthology". Это [английский] документальный фильм производства тысяч[а] девятьсот девяноста пятого год[a]. Режиссе:ром фильма является Боб Смитон (Bob Smeaton). Этот фильм рассказывает историю моего любимого анса[м]бля Битл[з] - год [за] год[oм] (year by year?) [c] момента [когда] они встре[т]ились [в] первый раз . [Фильм] очень длинный – десять часов, но он очень интересный. [В фильме] много интерв[ью](this international word has immunity against Russian cases), фрагментов концертов, отличных фотографий, ну[,] и хорошой музыки. Можно послушать как Джон, Пол, Джордж и Ринго рассказывают анекдоты [и] смешные истори[и] и много узнать [об] ансамбле.(you needn't the last O in обо because the next word begins with vowel)
    Я уже вид[е]ла много фильмов о Битлз (not need to use cases), и мне кажется, что этот [фильм] - лучший, я была в восторге от него! (delight should be delight - write [!])

    You have done your translation really good - you have used lots of complicated phrases!

    Музыка, которую сочиняли Битлз
    Музыка, сочинённая Битлз
    Музыка, созданная Битлз
    Музыка, которую создали (создавали) Битлз
    Музыка, написанная Битлз
    Музыка, которую писали (написали) Битлз

    The Beatles Anthology - Антология Битлз - literally

    Good luck to you!
    Я так думаю.

  3. #3
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Almaty (former Alma-Ata), Kazakhstan
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    10
    Режиссе:ром
    Режиссером
    хорошой
    хорошей
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    14
    True! This man said the Truth! Trust him!
    Я так думаю.

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim84
    Режиссе:ром
    Режиссером
    Режиссёром

    kamka uses "e:" because he cannot type "ё"

    2 kamka
    Try using the key in the far upper left corner of your keyboard marked "~". That is the key I use to type "ё".
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

    Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

  6. #6
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    11
    Thank you guys, a lot!!! Your help is greatly appreciated!

    kwatts:
    ё, ey, it worked!!! not sure why I haven't figured it out earlier, ugh.
    I'm a she, btw

    thanks again! I owe you a beer, or two for that :P

  7. #7
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Almaty (former Alma-Ata), Kazakhstan
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    10
    True! This man said the Truth! Trust him!
    Издеваешься?

    Режиссёром

    kamka uses "e:" because he cannot type "ё"
    As a matter of fact, you don't need to use "ё" at all. Usually it's just "е" (stands for "ё").
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim84
    Издеваешься?
    Не правда!!
    Я так думаю.

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim84
    As a matter of fact, you don't need to use "ё" at all. Usually it's just "е" (stands for "ё").
    You do need to use ё as far as it is the letter of the alphabet. And there are many cases whe're ё is indispensible.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim84
    As a matter of fact, you don't need to use "ё" at all. Usually it's just "е" (stands for "ё").
    You do need to use ё as far as it is the letter of the alphabet. And there are many cases whe're ё is indispensible.
    Do you mean in unfamiliar words? On my map of Russia and the CIS there is a town in Turkmenistan called Ёлётень.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  11. #11
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Every proper name having ё must be written correctly - not to confuse i. Especially, geographical.

    And you're right, there are some rules:
    http://www.rusyaz.ru/pr/og04.html
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  12. #12
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Almaty (former Alma-Ata), Kazakhstan
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    10
    Oops
    Rtyom, well, yeah, I surely made a precipitant statement. In some cases "ё" is necessary.

    Now this should be addressed to Rtyom:

    True! This man said the Truth! Trust him!
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

  13. #13
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim84
    Now this should be addressed to Rtyom:

    True! This man said the Truth! Trust him!
    And you are right indeed Vadim84!
    Rtyom said the Truth because if we do not write ё in the word Режиссёр -than foreigner who learns Russian may think that stress is anywhere.
    BUT ё is always stressed.

    I didn't correct kamka's e: because it seemed so nice new letter!
    Я так думаю.

  14. #14
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    You are my disciples. Thanks for the support.
    Even if you don't like writing ё's, to understand the letter is important in the beginning of your studying.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  15. #15
    Властелин wanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Russia,Obninsk
    Posts
    1,375
    Rep Power
    13
    by the way, you should write the word "Битлз" in quotation marks(")
    Семь бед, один Reset

Similar Threads

  1. APllication, please check for mistakes
    By kamka in forum English
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
  2. please check for mistakes
    By kamka in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 15th, 2006, 06:03 PM
  3. Mistakes
    By Chuvak in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
  4. Check for Mistakes
    By DDT in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: February 8th, 2006, 08:15 PM
  5. Could someone check my homework for mistakes please? :D
    By Still Numb in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 14th, 2005, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary