Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tararwen
  • 2 Post By Inego
  • 2 Post By alexsms

Thread: Check my translation, please?

Check my translation, please?

Hey, tried doing a translation for a friend, not sure I did it right... Help? Please?

It is a translation from English to Russian. Here is the original text given me:

"Troika" is one of the most interesting pictures in the gallery. It has been drawn by artist Perov. On this picture you can see three hungry and poor children, who are trying to take a cask full of water to their home. There is also snow and wind around them, and it's really hard to them to do it. On the picture, You can also see a little dog, a little hero, who is trying to protect them from everything.

And here is what I could do. I know that there is stuff missing; this is done to the best of my limited abilities.

«Тройка» самая интересная картина в галерее. Это картина Перова. В этой картине есть три голодные и бедные дети, которые берут бочку воды к домой. Есть тоже снег и ветер вокруг них, и для них очень трудно, чтобы брать бочку. В картине есть тоже маленькая собака, которая маленькая героиня, которая пытается защитить их от всего.

Which translated back as...

"Troika" is the most interesting picture in the gallery. This is a picture from Perov. In this picture there are three hungry and poor children who take a barrel of water to the home. There is also snow and wind around them, and for them it is very difficult to take the barrel. In the picture there is also a small dog that is a little heroine, who is trying to protect them from everything.

Thankyou in advance!
    Petar likes this.

Good job, Tar!
    "«Тройка» — самая интересная картина в галерее. Это картина Перова. На этой картине нарисованы трое голодных и бедных детей, везущих бочку воды домой. Вокруг них — снег и ветер, и им очень тяжело везти бочку. Ещё на картине есть собачка, маленькая героиня, которая пытается защитить их от всего."
    Tararwen and Petar like this.

Властелин
    Вместо "На этой картине нарисованы" - предлагаю На этой картине изображены. They prefer to avoid using the word рисовать when referring to serious art.
    Tararwen and Petar like this.