Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Да, я гей, но..."

Re: Proverbs in Russian & English -- Послов по-русски и по-анг..

Is there a Russian equivalent for:

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me"?

Or, in the words of Eleanor Roosevelt:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

На эти афоризмы меня все время напоминают, когда я участвуюсь в "онлайн" обсуждении с другими гомосексуалистами в Америке. (Как сказать по-русски: "Jesus H. Christ, stop acting like such whiny факинг victims. You are NOT oppressed second-class citizens. Saudi Arabian women are oppressed. Jews who still live in Arab countries are oppressed. Christians in China are oppressed. YOU are mildly inconvenienced, and that's all.")

(Deleted. L.) А все равно, хотя я откровенно живу "гомосеком", я решил уже пять лет назад что я не gay, потому что терпеть не могу такую гей-культуру, как существует в Америке и которую большинство американских геев принимает и обнимает.

(rant finished, thanks for listening)
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee
    Is there a Russian equivalent for:
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me"? ...
    Хоть горшком назови, только в печку не ставь!
    http://www.lesson1.ru/vocabulary/proverbs.html
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Завсегдатай

I wonder, would it be okay (from an American point of view maybe, and its 'culture') if I write here what poses I like when I'm in a bed with a man?... Suddenly, if someone just asked about a proverb. Would it be okay for you, Throbert ?.. Nothing special at all?
    There is a HUGE piece of so-called 'cultural differences' here, definitely...................
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    I wonder, would it be okay (from an American point of view maybe, and its [s3jk81v6]'[/s3jk81v6]culture[s3jk81v6]'[/s3jk81v6]) if I were to write here about what [s3jk81v6]poses[/s3jk81v6] positions I like when I'm in a bed with a man?... Suddenly, if someone just asked about a proverb. Would it be okay for you, Throbert ?.. Nothing special at all?
    There [s3jk81v6]is a[/s3jk81v6] are HUGE [s3jk81v6]piece of so-called[/s3jk81v6] 'cultural differences' here, definitely...................
    Well, I figured it was best to drop the news sooner rather than later, if we're going to have an online friendship. But I didn't want people to get the mistaken impression that because I'm homosexual, I approve of men... (Deleted.L.) And I definitely don't think that homosexual men in Russia should imitate American gays by treating anal sex as normal. So I thought it best to be open and candid about what I do and don't consider "normal sex between men", and I assumed that the euphemistic references to sausages would be acceptable and in good humor. I also assumed that everyone here is old enough to have a university education, and that there are no children present -- I deeply apologize if that's not the case.

One thing I promise -- I won't make sexual references ever again, not even with sausage-euphemisms. (Unless you REQUEST that I talk about homosexual activity, which I don't think is likely!) But I wanted to get the "coming out of the closet" over and done with, since I'm interested in discussing political topics like the Moscow "Gay Pride" parade and whether it was a bad idea or a good one. But in order to have such discussions, "full disclosure" is essential, so that you understand my point-of-view and can be aware that I might have biases regarding the rights of sexual minorities.

P.S. There is no scientific proof that your eyeballs will explode from merely reading the embarrassing details of someone else's sex life -- so, Оля, relax and lighten up!

Завсегдатай

You didn't get my point. As I said, there is a big difference in our minds (not only mine and yours) which is usually called 'cultural differences'. I'm too tired and have no time at the moment to elaborate my asnwer to you and reply with details. Probably someone else is able to explain you those "differences" and why your post looked out of place here. Shortly, my point was that I don't see ANY reason for me or anyone else on this forum for knowing your sexual orientation, at least in this thread which is not dedicated to gay parades. Your sexual orientation is only your own private business, as well as my favourite poses in a bed are mine. I don't see why I should announce to you or anyone else here about them sooner rather than later, and why that should be "the news" for anyone except my husband or my boyfriend.

Oh, and I'd like to add that those "euphemistic" things you wrote in your post can't be considered good humor in Russian. Firstly, they're not that "euphemistic" as they might be in English. Secondly, that sounds just very vulgar in Russian. Also, some words you used in both your posts are just rude and vulgar too. For example, the word "гомосек" can only be a swearword, quite a rude one, and not a description of a way of life.

Nothing personal, believe me.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Your sexual orientation is only your own private business, as well as my favourite poses in a bed are mine. I don't see why I should announce to you or anyone else here about them sooner rather than later, and why that should be "the news" for anyone except my husband or my boyfriend.
    Wait, why are you talking about the possibility of having a husband or boyfriend? I thought sexual orientation is a completely private matter!

Oh, and I'd like to add that those "euphemistic" things you wrote in your post can't be considered good humor in Russian. Firstly, they're not that "euphemistic" as they might be in English.
    Mea maxima culpa, seriously, and I apologize for my poor judgment in trying to translate humor that sounds only mildly risqué in English. Obviously, sexually-related humor is hazardous territory for a non-native speaker.

"Да, я гей, но..."

"Да, я гей, но..." is the title of a YouTube video posted by some young men in Ukraine, although they speak entirely in Russian. (But there are English subtitles.) The point of the video is to discourage stereotypes about gay men -- not because the stereotypes are always completely false, but because even when the stereotypes are true, they are only true about some gay men, and only some of the time. (Which is, of course, the same for stereotypes about Americans, Russians, Gypsies, Jews, Muslims, Chinese, etc.)

Во всяком случае, мне самому часто приходится говорить фразу "Да, я гей, НО...", и я насчет этого выдал себя на этом обсуждении. Но оказалось куда грубее чем я был намерен, из-за "translation difficulties and cultural differences." Значит, я предупреждаю что на эту ссылку находится бульварный юмор, про тему колбасы. Honestly, I had the best intentions to make the subject less embarrassing with some slightly crude humor. At least, it's not too vulgar in English, but as Оля has already explained to me, I really did a good job of becoming the поручик, который пришел и всё опошлил. My bad. But as we say in English, "Honesty is the best policy."

Слышь, ты, Иван Дулин хренов, ты случаем форумом не ошибся? Неужели непонятно, что большинству людей просто противно читать о подробностях ваших гомосяцких извращений? Пи##ец, меня сейчас стошнит.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Слышь, ты, Иван Дулин хренов, ты случаем форумом не ошибся? Неужели непонятно, что большинству людей просто противно читать о подробностях ваших гомосяцких извращений? Пи##ец, меня сейчас стошнит.
    You might try some ginger-tea to calm that dainty stomach of yours, молодой человек -- this constant barfing over the smallest things is extremely unmanly. Can you feel a dried pea through 40 pillows, too?

Завсегдатай

By the way, there is a perfectly well-fitted proverb for this thread:
    Кто про что, а вшивый про баню.

By the way, there is a perfectly well-fitted proverb for this thread:
    Кто про что, а вшивый про баню.
    Hmmm.... "(No matter) who (talks) about what, the lice-ridden (talk) about the bath," or something like that?

P.S. Thanks to the admins for moving my off-topic post out of the "Proverbs" thread!

...P.S. Thanks to the admins for moving my off-topic post out of the "Proverbs" thread!
    You are welcome!
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Завсегдатай

Hmmm.... "(No matter) who (talks) about what, the lice-ridden (talk) about the bath," or something like that?
    Another variant of the proverb is "У кого что болит, тот о том и говорит".

[quote=Оля]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Throbert McGee":f9qby6h1
    Another variant of the proverb is "У кого что болит, тот о том и говорит".[/quote:f9qby6h1]It's no wonder: gays still have a long way to go to have equal civil rights.

читать о подробностях ваших гомосяцких извращений? Пи##ец, меня сейчас стошнит.
    AFAIK when it comes to sex, gays did not invent anything new.

Re: "Да, я гей, но..."

This topic should be in "Politics"...
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    But it's disgusting for me to read about men doing this to each other. Dude wanted to announce here that he is gay, ok, he has done that and now everyone on this forum are happy to know these amazing news. But why on earth I had to read what f###ing actions he do or do not with his f###ing lovers !??
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Завсегдатай

It's no wonder: gays still have a long way to go to have equal civil rights.
    What rights are meant, by the way? I really was never able to understand that. A right to marry? But why do they need "a stamp in the passport,", as we say in Russian? Just leave your property by a testament to your partner, that's all. Telling everybody that you are not hetero seems very strange to me. Telling details about what you like doing with your partner(s) seems totally undue.

Почтенный гражданин

Re: "Да, я гей, но..."

Oh, no, let's continue not with this topic, please. In a Russian party this will lead to flaming and nothing more
    Please correct my English

But it's disgusting for me to read about men doing this to each other. Dude wanted to announce here that he is gay, ok, he has done that and now everyone on this forum are happy to know these amazing news. But why on earth I had to read what f###ing actions he do or do not with his f###ing lovers !??
    Как я уже объяснил о себе, f###ing здесь не при чем, и это всё.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast