Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Israel-Lebanon conflict

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Summer Kiss is.....!
    Hehe yeah...definitely
    Hi,
    My name is Daria. I'm 26 and live in Moscow currently. I'm looking forward to meet new friends from all over the word here.
    Life is so short...lets enjoy each day ))

Подающий надежды оратор
    Well that's the old dilemma what's older the "Chicken or the egg"???

The British claimed that Palestine was meant to be excluded from the area of Arab rule, as it is technically located west of Damascus: for obvious reasons the Zionists took the same position. The Arabs interpreted the letter as it reads: Lebanon, not Palestine, is to the west of Damascus and the other areas mentioned.

In any case, the interests of the colonial powers took precedence over promises made to the Arabs. While accepting the principle of Arab independence laid down in the Hussein-McMahon Correspondence, the Sykes-Picot Agreement, signed by Britain, France and Russia in 1916, divided the area into zones of permanent colonial influence. The agreement recognized French interests in Greater Syria and northern Iraq, while acknowledging British designs on a belt of influence from the Mediterranean to the Gulf to protect its trade and communications links with the Indian subcontinent. The Sykes-Picot Agreement specified that most of Palestine was to be entrusted to an international administration. The agreement clearly contradicted the promises made to Sharif Hussein of Mecca.

To further complicate matters, in a totally deceitful move British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour in 1917 issued a letter to a prominent British Jew, Lord Rothschild, promising Britain’s commitment and support for a Jewish home in Palestine. Known as the Balfour Declaration, the letter calls for the "establishment in Palestine of a National Home for the Jewish people . . . it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine...”
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on"

Почтенный гражданин
    War is over.Hope this continues on...
    Главное что есть ты у меня...

Quote Originally Posted by Орчун
    War is over.Hope this continues on...
    Don't worry, there are always good chances for another one.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112