Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: The crisis in Syria

Quote Originally Posted by eisenherz View Post
    hmm, Deborski (Deborah); я не знаю, что было бы правильно. трудный вопрос. in principle i would think interventions should be considered if there are undeniable human rights abuses on a large scale. for example, i think intervention in Lybia was justified due to Gaddafi's clear history of abuse; even in Irak intervention was defendable for Hussein proven and documented use of chemical weapons in Irak. the problem is the US intervened for the wrong reasons (=self-interest, oil, influence in the region, trumped up WMD stories) at the wrong time. it would really be nice if the big powers could act decisively and in unison and for the right reasons (=human right abuses). instead they try protect their own interests and ignore atrocities in countries where there is not much in it for them (eg Somalia, Sudan (Dafour), Liberia/Sierra Leone some time back, Rwanda some time back, DRC Congo, Zimbabwe (on a lesser scale)? did anybody help the Cambodians when the Khmer Rouge ran riot? who helped the Argentinians when the military junta made people disappear some 40 years ago? yip - no-one really. If Lybia had no oil reserves, would there have been an intervention? I doubt it. But should there have been one? Yes, i think so - but not for reasons of oil.
    Exactly so! I distrust when the government claims it wants to get involved for "humanitarian" reasons. They pick and choose where and where not to be "humanitarian" - and it seems that money and oil are the real goals - and not some sort of altruistic desire to help people suffering from human rights abuses.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Боб Уайтман View Post
    Мы должны продолжать жить по варварским законам?
    Не надо плевать в своё прошлое. А то оно плюнет в ответ.
    1. Человек в последние тысячелетия практически не изменился (физически, интеллектуально, нравственно).
    2. Наше прошлое (история, опыт и т.д.) по своей массе - это всё. Наше настоящее (наши идеи, мысли) по своей массе - ничто.
    Поэтому у нас нет морального превосходства над предками и их мудростью.
    И пусть ещё перебьют сотню-другую тысяч, пока кто-нибудь победит?
    Америка вмешивается как раз потому, что бойня заканчивается, так как одна из сторон побеждает (побеждает благодаря стойкости духа и веры в правое дело. На войне говно не побеждает). Это их излюбленная тактика: подождать, когда русские с немцами друг друга уничтожат, а потом открыть второй фронт и стать главным победителем.
    Значительная часть коренных народов Сибири была истреблена или насильственно ассимилирована.
    Откуда эта утка?
    UhOhXplode likes this.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    Я не понимаю точно. Что означает слово "Ванги"?
    Ванга was a Bulgarian soothsayer. She was quite famous in Russia. As far as I know, she was blind, very old, and she died just a few years ago. There were many stories about her mystic abilities.

Hmm well, I found it. Here you are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Vanga.
    Deborski likes this.

I've just run into this article. It's in Russian. But the point of it is that "the West" will wage war against the "regime of Bashar Asad" in a couple of days

I wonder what the implications would be
    UhOhXplode likes this.
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Banned
    Я не понимаю точно. Что означает слово "Ванги"?
    Это бабушка Ванга, болгарская ясновидящая. Ей приписывают пророчества о третьей мировой войне. Но скорее всего она их не делала.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Юрка View Post
    Не надо плевать в своё прошлое. А то оно плюнет в ответ.
    1. Человек в последние тысячелетия практически не изменился (физически, интеллектуально, нравственно).
    Нравственно???

2. Наше прошлое (история, опыт и т.д.) по своей массе - это всё. Наше настоящее (наши идеи, мысли) по своей массе - ничто.
    Поэтому у нас нет морального превосходства над предками и их мудростью.
    Ну это же всё патетика. Нужно отделять мухи от котлет Сожжение ведьм, инквизиция - это тоже достойно восхищения?

Откуда эта утка?
    Увы, это не утка. Это история народов Сибири. В школах этого, конечно, не учат. Непатриотично. Я и сам не так давно узнал. Конечно, неприятно узнавать такое про свой народ. Но нужно уметь и правде в глаза посмотреть. Как Россия отхватила себе огромную территорию от Урала и до Дальнего Востока? Взять хотя бы русско-чукотские войны. Постараюсь найти и запостить пруф-линки. А вообще в сети масса исторических материалов. Они все на русском, и неоправданно думать, что всё это - чья-то провокация.

Вот хотя бы про чукчей:

http://zaimka.ru/to_sun/chukchi.shtml

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CF%F0%...EE%F1%F1%E8%E8

http://docent-psy.ucoz.net/index/vza..._imperii/0-164

http://clubfile.ru/?q=node/288515

вот про юкагиров ещё

http://www.tforum.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=33157

да полно всего об этом.
    Deborski and UhOhXplode like this.

US gave Saddam blessing to use toxins against Iranians — RT News

Related article claims that US urged Saddam Hussein to use chemical weapons back in the 1980's.

I don't know if this is true or not, since I am not (слава богу!) CIA. But given what I have read and heard from news sites other than America's mainstream news-media, it seems clear to me that CIA have been secretly orchestrating many of these situations - creating dictatorships, then setting them up to fail. Many Americans share my point of view, that the US has been setting up puppet dictatorships all around the world, in the Middle East and in Latin-American countries. Saddam must not have been a good puppet ruler, because US took him out. US wants to do the same with Al-Assad.

I am not at all convinced that Assad is a "good guy" or that the Syrian government did not use chemical weapons. But at the same time, from everything I've been reading, the rebels are not exactly the "good guys" either! They appear to be a haphazard mix of Al-Qaeda, Al-Nusra, and the original "free Syria" rebels, who had a legitimate reason for protest, but seem to have been co-opted by nefarious forces.

I have a friend in Syria who insists that the original Syrian rebels are NOT Al-Qaeda or Al-Nusra - they are just regular people who were tired of being oppressed. Her husband volunteers as a doctor in the refugee camps. I tend to believe what she says more than what I hear on the news, since she actually lives there and her husband is working there. She tells me that the rebels do NOT want the US involved! They originally asked the UN for a no-fly zone, but they didn't get it, and so their movement was taken over by terrorist groups, since no one else would help them.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Banned
    Нравственно???
    Мне нравится ваше удивление! Да, нравственно. А Вы думали, что уважение к старшим - это фигура речи и не более? Типа, сиди, бабуля, сопи в две дырки, читай мурзилку, а мы тут без тебя разберёмся?
    Это история народов Сибири.
    Кого попало я не читаю. В Сети много глупых, злых и лживых авторов. Вы читали книги Льва Гумилёва про освоение русскими Сибири?
    Про войны с чукчами я читал несколько лет назад. Но большая война на Севере - это пара тысяч воинов. Нашими там командывал майор. Так что геноцида там не было. Но и без книг можно понять, что не было, раз численность этих народов растёт с той же скоростью, что и численность русских. Я сравнивал численность некоторых народов тогда и сейчас. Если сравнить с ситуацией с индейцами США, то есть разница.

Вот этой бабушки:
    Ванга — Википедия

Если всех разнимать - драться будут в 10 раз больше. И разве не странно, что разнимающие до этого соревновались, кто больше смертоносного оружия продаст?
    Это как? Чтобы "вызванной" полиции поинтереснее было?
    А сила - в деньгах, как бы это не было противно. И пока большинство американцев живут сыто и без особых потрясений, их руководство будет творить что хочет.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Это бабушка Ванга, болгарская ясновидящая. Ей приписывают пророчества о третьей мировой войне. Но скорее всего она их не делала.
    I tend to be distrustful of so-called "mystics" who make predictions. This may be because my own uncle - an American televangelist and religious leader - made several prophesies about when the world would end. He first predicted that the "End" would be in 1975. But the apocalypse didn't happen that year, so he changed his prophesy to 1976, and so on.

I also remember all the soothsayers claiming the world would end in 2000 (Y2K). Everyone was so convinced that there would be mass rioting, and since I was a TV reporter at the time, I was ordered to sit in a cold newsroom on New Year's eve 1999 and to be ready to cover all the mayhem which was supposed to occur. Nothing happened. I spent the night playing poker and freezing my butt off.

Then everyone got freaked out about 2012. The world was supposed to end in December, 2012. But - here we all still are.

I have no doubt that humans will manage to start World War Three eventually. Even Syria might be the "last straw." But I'm more inclined to listen to geopolitical experts and analysts whose predictions are based on broad knowledge of what is going on, than so-called mystics who claim to have some kind of magic or divine powers of divination.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmixiv View Post
    Вот этой бабушки:
    Ванга — Википедия

Если всех разнимать - драться будут в 10 раз больше. И разве не странно, что разнимающие до этого соревновались, кто больше смертоносного оружия продаст?
    Это как? Чтобы "вызванной" полиции поинтереснее было?
    А сила - в деньгах, как бы это не было противно. И пока большинство американцев живут сыто и без особых потрясений, их руководство будет творить что хочет.
    We Americans are not really living "сыто"... in fact hundreds of thousands of us have been protesting! Did you see what happened to the Occupy Wall Street movement? They were ignored completely by our leaders, and even our press barely covered their protests.

In fact, thousands of protesters have been arrested and silenced.

http://occupyarrests.moonfruit.com/

Властелин
    I tend to be distrustful of so-called "mystics" who make predictions. This may be because my own uncle - an American televangelist and religious leader - made several prophesies about when the world would end. He first predicted that the "End" would be in 1975. Then, when the world didn't end, he prophesied that it would end in 1976, and so on.

I also remember all the soothsayers claiming the world would end in 2000 (Y2K). Everyone was so convinced that there would be mass rioting, and since I was a TV reporter at the time, I was ordered to sit in a cold newsroom on New Year's eve 1999 and to be ready to cover all the mayhem which was supposed to occur. Nothing happened. I spent the night playing poker and freezing my butt off.

Then everyone got freaked out about 2012. The world was supposed to end in December, 2012. But - here we all still are.

I have no doubt that humans will manage to start World War Three eventually. Even Syria might be the "last straw." But I'm more inclined to listen to geopolitical experts and analysts whose predictions are based on broad knowledge of what is going on, than so-called mystics who claim to have some kind of magic or divine powers of divination.
    One man (not sure exactly who he was) said, "I'm not sure what weapons will be involved in WW3, but there's no doubt it will be sticks and axes for WW4"; I totally agree about this, and think with the current progress made by humanity, WW3 is a real threat to its very existence; THOUGH, I truly doubt countries like Syria have ability to trigger any events of that kind, because assuming that would be equal to assuming that either everyone in the world is Syrian, or the IQ of an average human being has dropped by something about a 100 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    One man (not sure exactly who he was) said, "I'm not sure what weapons will be involved in WW3, but there's no doubt it will be sticks and axes for WW4"
    It was Einstein who said that.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -- Albert Einstein

U.S. military "ready" to attack Syria, Hagel says - CBS News

The latest news in America - troops and missiles are ready for deployment. They are just waiting for Obama to give the word.

Hanna
    Per the Independent today:

The USA and the UK are literally jumping up and down in their eagerness to use the alleged nerve gas incident as the excuse they have been waiting for, to get involved with bombing in Syria. Russia is trying to calm them down, and apparently Lavrov said it would be illegal to get involved according to international law.

Exactly the same totally unverified nonsense as they used to go into Iraq!

It's a repetition of the exact same story again and again.
    ---- USA (and little brother UK) minding other countries business for their own sinister agenda of world / economic domination.

The propgaganda angle on Syria has been absolutely unbelievable, not to mention deliberate stirring up local dissidents, playing the religious card to get the fanatical jihadists on board (Syria is their latest "playground")....

They have picked one after another of the "axis of evil" countries off the list...
    Remaining ones are practically only North Korea and Iran: neither is wanting to play ball with the USA...

I can certainly understand why these countries are wanting to have strong armies and possibly nuclear deterrent.

Старший оракул
    Вы читали книги Льва Гумилёва про освоение русскими Сибири?
    Про войны с чукчами я читал несколько лет назад. Но большая война на Севере - это пара тысяч воинов. Нашими там командывал майор. Так что геноцида там не было. Но и без книг можно понять, что не было, раз численность этих народов растёт с той же скоростью, что и численность русских. Я сравнивал численность некоторых народов тогда и сейчас. Если сравнить с ситуацией с индейцами США, то есть разница.
    Я не хочу спорить на тему, был геноцид или нет. Это неблагодарное занятие. Я всего лишь привёл примеры того, к чему приводит принцип "победитель прав". Кстати, насчёт численности: а ведь целый ряд языков Сибири сейчас на грани исчезновения - ительменский, корякский, кетский. Керекский уже вымер.
    Но не в этом вообще предмет дискуссии.

Дело не в чукчах, и даже не в индейцах. Дело в том, что было время, когда убить считалось нормальным. Съесть врага - нормальным. Захватить народ, превратить его в рабов или ограбить, заставить платить дань - нормальным. Принести в жертву младенца... Это на тему нравственности всё.

Только не нужно меня упрекать, что я плюю в прошлое. Понятия нравственности меняются, и это факт. Спорить с этим абсурдно. В целом всё же человек нравственно совершенствуется. Хотя и не без огрехов. К сожалению, этот процесс происходит гораздо медленнее, чем технологическое развитие.

Вот я не понимаю тех, которые рассуждают по образцу:

"В Советском Союзе ВСЁ было хорошо, ВСЁ было лучше, чем сейчас. Потому что это был Советский Союз"
    или так:
    "В Советском Союзе ВСЁ было плохо, просто ужасно. Потому что это был Советский Союз"

Почему нельзя принять поостую вещь: Были вещи хорошие. И были вещи плохие. Сейчас многое что изменилось. Но всё же мы имеем снова вещи хорошие, и вещи плохие.

Война - однозначно плохая вещь. По принципам нравственности нашего времени.
    Deborski and UhOhXplode like this.

"В Советском Союзе ВСЁ было хорошо, ВСЁ было лучше, чем сейчас. Потому что это был Советский Союз"
    или так:
    "В Советском Союзе ВСЁ было плохо, просто ужасно. Потому что это был Советский Союз"
    Black and white thinking, all or nothing thinking, either/or thinking... is not really "thinking."

There was a lot of good the Soviet Union did, as well as a lot of bad. I wish we could just hold onto the good, and throw out the bad. The same goes for every other country in the world. America is not all good or all bad. We get some things right, and we get other things wrong. It seems to be a rare person who can separate the issues rather than "throw the baby out with the bathwater."

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad's regime: U.N. official - Washington Times

As of today, Monday 27 Aug., the UN still states that it was rebels who used sarin gas, not the Syrian government.

Despite this, US insists there is "evidence" that Assad is to blame and they are urging immediate action in Syria, even though the UN is still investigating the situation.

This sounds all too much like what happened in Iraq.

Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria - Telegraph

Saudi Arabia appears to be threatening Russia over its support of Syria's government:

According to this article, Saudi Arabia is basically telling Russia "Stop helping Assad and we will give you oil. Keep helping Assad, and we will tell our Chechen friends to terrorize your citizens during the Winter Olympics in Sochi."

Excerpt:

As-Safir said Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord. “I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” he allegedly said.

Властелин
    Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria - Telegraph

Saudi Arabia appears to be threatening Russia over its support of Syria's government:

According to this article, Saudi Arabia is basically telling Russia "Stop helping Assad and we will give you oil. Keep helping Assad, and we will tell our Chechen friends to terrorize your citizens during the Winter Olympics in Sochi."

Excerpt:
    I wonder who under current circumstances would stand for the Syrian "government" besides the regime itself; it's such a mess now, and the only solution to it is to get the regime deactivated ASAP, only that way the mass killings can be stopped; it seems like everyone realizes that except for the "crowned prince" who inherited dictatorial powers from his shady daddy; what some governments are trying to achieve by supporting that regime is really inconceivable; if I was Russian, the first question I'd be asking myself would be, "does my country have any sense of self-respect at all???"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast