Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protests in Syria

Protests in Syria

I'm amazed we're not talking about the protests in Syria. Not even a word. But, I think what happens there is very important primarily due to the fact that before the protests started, the majority supported Asad's power and there were no major negative economic impacts. But what's happening now? Thousands of killed. Syria has been expelled from the Arab League. The EU, UN, etc. condemned the use of violence against the protesters. However, unlike in Lybia, NATO forces will probably not be used as Asad threatened he would launch a massive missile-assault on Israel. (Б.Асад заявил — в случае нападения НАТО Сирия начнет бомбардировки Израиля :: ) Also, Asad promised that in case of military intervention Iran would attack NATO ships in Persian Gulf within 3 hours.

What do you think of that?

Властелин
    Американцы затеяли против Сирии необъявленную войну, но ещё не решились на открытую.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Американцы затеяли против Сирии необъявленную войну, но ещё не решились на открытую.
    If that's true, then why was Syria expelled from the Arab League?

Also, in order to diversify the possible guesses, I would like to post here two diagrams that my Texas friend Gator sent to me:

1. File:Syria oil exports by destination country 2010.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. ImageShack

Властелин
    Потому что в большинстве стран Лиги сидят американские марионетки.

Потому что в большинстве стран Лиги сидят американские марионетки.
    When you issue a blanket blaming statement like that, can I ask you for some support of your idea? Can you name those majority which constitute American puppets and represent US interests among the following countries:

Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

Властелин
    Really? Not all people would consider a war on a piece of shit that has already murdered over 5,000 of them, and goes over and over murdering new ones a war on themselves. Even less would decide to protect that piece of shit, while the majority would obviously help smash it all over the wall.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    I'm amazed we're not talking about the protests in Syria. Not even a word. But, I think what happens there is very important primarily due to the fact that before the protests started, the majority supported Asad's power and there were no major negative economic impacts. But what's happening now? Thousands of killed. Syria has been expelled from the Arab League. The EU, UN, etc. condemned the use of violence against the protesters. However, unlike in Lybia, NATO forces will probably not be used as Asad threatened he would launch a massive missile-assault on Israel. (Б.Асад заявил — в случае нападения НАТО Сирия начнет бомбардировки Израиля :: ) Also, Asad promised that in case of military intervention Iran would attack NATO ships in Persian Gulf within 3 hours.

What do you think of that?
    Some research on what to hit first so that the threats of the mental retard be technically impossible would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    Some research on what to hit first so that the threats of the mental retard be technically impossible would be needed.
    Well, basically by saying what he said, Asad openly takes Israel the hostage. And if the situation gets closer to the possible external intervention, Israel could strike first, just out of fear. The sad consequences would follow. I think the situation is pretty serious. Unlike the earlier Ahmadiendjad's threats because there was no common border between Iran and Israel, but Syria can actually do that starting the WWIII.

Властелин
    Well, basically by saying what he said, Asad openly takes Israel the hostage. And if the situation gets closer to the possible external intervention, Israel could strike first, just out of fear. The sad consequences would follow. I think the situation is pretty serious. Unlike the earlier Ahmadiendjad's threats because there was no common border between Iran and Israel, but Syria can actually do that starting the WWIII.
    Only two or more developed countries that start fighting between themselves can start a WW. In the case we're talking about, this war will end in a few months by complete defeating one side.

Still, it would be worth to explore all the options how to do it quiet enough.

Hanna
    I don't like Syria because of its policy towards Israel, but for an Arab country it was surprisingly decent. It was not particularly brutal towards its citizens until the uprizings started. It was not a religious teocracy, the government there is Social democratic with a touch of islam. Not particularly sinister even if it isn't a democracy. But democracies don't exist in the middle east, so that's not very surprising.

However Syria has been on the US "roadmap" for regimes to topple.
    (See the famous the famous Wesley Clark interview). So I guess we all knew it was only a matter of time.....

I don't think the human rights situation there has been worse than anywhere else in the Middle East, and Syria has been very decent towards all its neighbours with the exception of Israel.

They are taking refugees from Iraq and Afghanistan by the millions, and actually taking relatively well care of them. Nobody is starving, everyone is educated and gets some form of half decent healthcare.

Probably, the citizens had some really legit complaints, but are those really worth going into a civil war for....? I hope they can force the existing government to reform or force it to concede to elections.

Only two or more developed countries that start fighting between themselves can start a WW. In the case we're talking about, this war will end in a few months by complete defeating one side.

Still, it would be worth to explore all the options how to do it quiet enough.
    And no other side will intervene?

Властелин
    And no other side will intervene?
    You mean two or more sides with developed countries on each one fighting for interests in that poor country? I wouldn't really think that's possible. That will be a war of champions and losers.

You mean two or more sides with developed countries on each one fighting for interests in that poor country? I wouldn't really think that's possible. That will be a war of champions and losers.
    Hmm... I'm not sure about that. A couple of years back Israel Army fought a war with a paramilitary group Hezbollah in Lebanon. Neither of them won.

Because US told them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile
    When you issue a blanket blaming statement like that, can I ask you for some support of your idea? Can you name those majority which constitute American puppets and represent US interests among the following countries:
    Here's what I see in the Middle East.

There were several rather strong names in the Arab League - Abdallah, Mubarak, Gaddafi, Asad, Ahmadinejad, and, perhaps, Arafat.
    They were treated with respect by all other leaders and there was some balance between them.
    What I see is that King Abdallah at some point in the past wanted to be the only one there. Saudi Arabia depends on USA because it's where the money for oil is coming from and the economic ties between US and SA are rather strong.
    Now we also have China who desperately tries to secure its huge investments in Africa and Middle East. China needs these resources and US wants to block it. China invested in Egypt, Libya, Iran and Syria. Now it was the time and the place. US removed Mubarak, Gaddafi, now it sponsors the revolt in Syria.
    It also tried to stir things up in Iran, but they were suppressed. Saudi Arabia now holds the whole Arab League in its pocket and thus can apply some more pressure on Syria.
    Still not convinced that the whole Middle Eastern scenario is about US and China?
    Now what do you think of this PressTV - China must protect Iran even with WWIII? A cheery statement, isn't it?

What amazes me is that the things that took place in Egypt and Libya, and what's happening in Syria are explained by many apparently normal people as 'protests', 'a fight for freedom', 'human righs' e.t.c. Wake up, folks, that's pure b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t! US don't give a damn about 'innocent victims' if it doesn't concern their interests. US only makes war for profits, power and resources. Have you heard of protests in Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia itself? No? How strange, but protests were there too, there were arrests and even dead bodies. What goes on in Turkey with the Kurds more resembles a genocide, but no - these countries are 'ok'. Surprisingly, the lack of democracy and human rights is only observed in countries that try to maintain an independent policy and provide China with resources.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil View Post
    Because US told them to do so.
    Have you had a chance to briefly look at the pictures my friend Gator sent?

Now what do you think of this PressTV - China must protect Iran even with WWIII? A cheery statement, isn't it?
    I know. That's why Asad said what he said. A foreign military intervention in Syria will start the WWIII.

Властелин
    What amazes me is that the things that took place in Egypt and Libya, and what's happening in Syria are explained by many apparently normal people as 'protests', 'a fight for freedom', 'human righs' e.t.c. Wake up, folks, that's pure b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t! US don't give a damn about 'innocent victims' if it doesn't concern their interests. US only makes war for profits, power and resources. Have you heard of protests in Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia itself? No? How strange, but protests were there too, there were arrests and even dead bodies. What goes on in Turkey with the Kurds more resembles a genocide, but no - these countries are 'ok'. Surprisingly, the lack of democracy and human rights is only observed in countries that try to maintain an independent policy and provide China with resources.
    But you have somehow managed to visit all these countries over the last few months, and now "know exactly what's going on" (c). =))

When you stop a serial killer, do your real end goals matter anything, or the very fact you stop him is self-evident and enough?

When you stop a serial killer, do your real end goals matter anything, or the very fact you stop him is self-evident and enough?
    Oh, rly? What about the case when you are a serial killer yourself?
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    Oh, rly? What about the case when you are a serial killer yourself?
    You mean a serial killer of serial killers?

Властелин
    I don't like Syria because of its policy towards Israel
    What does it do to Israel? (Deleted. L.)
    Last edited by Lampada; December 17th, 2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Provocotive and personal. Off-topic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast