Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian movies with subtitle?

Подающий надежды оратор
    I have found a transcript on russian for Ground Hog day One of my favourite films.

http://moviescripts.hoha.ru/HTML/TXT/gr ... ay_rus.htm

Actually I was looking for "сценарии фильмов" on yandex.ru

Увлечённый спикер
    I notice that in a lot of American films shown in Russia, (or Russian Films with English-speaking actors) the english dialogue is not subtitled, but rather spoken over. Especially the counterfeits of films still showing in U.S. theaters.

A few of my Russian friends also didn't realize Schwarzenegger spoke English with an accent.

"Oligarch" is a damn good russian movie with very accurate english subtitles. That is also rentable at Blockbuster.

JB
    Старший оракул
    The American movies with voice overs are the old ones and only those on TV. In the theater all new American movies are so well dubbed in Russian that you would swear the American actors actually speak Russian. I've seen several films in America then again in Russia where the dubbed in voices even match the actors real voices.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Властелин
    Hello,
    For those that can use www.netflix.com they have over 30 Russian movies with English subtitles for rent.

Scott

Подающий надежды оратор
    What I would actually like... is Texts with according sounds...

some spoken readings in russian so I can sustain what I hear with what I read...

Also.. Russian movies with Russian subtitles...

:P
    Every step is a victory

Подающий надежды оратор
    Just one more comment on Arnold Schwarzenegger: he is actually Austrian, but that doesn't say that he speaks (Austrian-)German without an accent... So when speaking English he has an (Austrian-)German accent, when speaking (Austrian-)German he has an American one. Poor guy!

Почтенный гражданин
    Agnessa Ivanovna wrote:
    when speaking (Austrian-)German he has an American one. Poor guy!
    god, i hate that. jean-claude vandamme's french is laughable. this guy really has no brain. schwarzy must be the same kind of moron.
    my apartment in paris : http://vacation-paris-apartment.com/

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by possopo
    schwarzy must be the same kind of moron.
    Yes, definitely - he is one.

I'm only glad that he is governeur in CA now, so there isn't that much connection to Austria anymore!

Старший оракул
    Oh, come on now, he isn't that much of a moron... Or Maria is very smart... I unfortunately watched "See Arnold Run", a biography on his life, and she seemed to be controlling his entire campaign... But, I have to give him credit, he saved me $200 on my vehicle registration... For some reason, California decided to triple the vehicle registration, and I had to pay $350. He reversed it, and I got a check for $200.
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by possopo
    Agnessa Ivanovna wrote:
    when speaking (Austrian-)German he has an American one. Poor guy!
    god, i hate that. jean-claude vandamme's french is laughable. this guy really has no brain. schwarzy must be the same kind of moron.
    Don't you say that. Don't you ever say that.

Почётный участник
    So new-run American films in Russian theaters are usually dubbed, rather than subtitled? That is disappointing, as I was looking forward to being able to see American films in English there whenever I get fed up with hearing Russian.

Старший оракул
    Yes, of course. This is the norm for TV and films/movies in many, many countries - a significant majority, I'd speculate. Personally I find dubbing appalling and I hate it (including those films which are not in my native language). I more or less refuse to watch anything dubbed, I think it is the height of crassness.
    There are 1 or 2 cinemas in Moscow which show Hollywood films in the original language (the one I went to had headphones for Russians to listen to a Russian soundtrack).
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

JB
    Старший оракул
    I find the quality of the dubbing to be excellent and thus enjoyable. This is not the old fashioned version of dubbing where one female voice did all the female and child rolls and one guy did all the male voices. It is even more fun if you've seen the movie first in the original English. The movie studios actually change some of the jokes and dialogue to match the Russian culture. So it's like seeing another version of the (hopefully a good) movie.
    If you're going to be in Moscow the Radisson hotel has a theater with American movies in English (Russian on headphones) but the prices are expensive, $8-10 a ticket.

Dubbing really can be dodgy sometimes. If anyone out there hasn't seen the Director's Cut of 'Das Boot' . . . then please, please for God's sake, watch the film in it's original language and use whatever subtitles you need. That's a serious recommendation. The DVD defaults to an english dubbed soundtrack which is kind of hysterical - and unless your really skilled at keeping a straight face, then it's not advisable. But in any case, the movie is absolutely fantastic.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Yes! Submarines....

Tu-du-dududu-duuuuu......

Re: Russian movies with subtitle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy_v_Galandka
    Overhere there is a Russian supermarket, they have VHS tapes but no subtitle and the owner is not so fond of nosy people like me who are not Russian.
    Mandy,
    Where is this supermarket? Being a curious non-russian like myself I just had to ask - because the description of this place sounds extremely familiar.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Maybe the store keeper just doesn't like the sound of the three inch cymbols!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Подающий надежды оратор
    Zdrastvi,

This supermarket is in Piet Heinstraat, The Hague, Netherlands, It is called Supermarket Moskva.

I am drinking a nice Zywiec, I went shopping with a Polish woman, we go to Polish supermarket, because the Polish woman wants to do something I can not mention here. This supermarket is about 300 meter around the corner. Such a gentle Polish girl that pretends to be Dutch even opens the door for you when you get out with all the Polish goods...

Do svidanya,

mandy

Piet Hein, the bastard, symazjedchi

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    I find the quality of the dubbing to be excellent and thus enjoyable. This is not the old fashioned version of dubbing where one female voice did all the female and child rolls and one guy did all the male voices. It is even more fun if you've seen the movie first in the original English. The movie studios actually change some of the jokes and dialogue to match the Russian culture. So it's like seeing another version of the (hopefully a good) movie.
    If you're going to be in Moscow the Radisson hotel has a theater with American movies in English (Russian on headphones) but the prices are expensive, $8-10 a ticket.
    cheapest movie ticket that I can find in NY is $9.50. Moscow & NY prices are similar though...

JB
    Старший оракул
    If you go to the local Moscow movie theaters (away from the center) the afternoon shows are only about 80 p (about $2.85), but the movies are only in Russian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12