Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are Russians too conservative?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Well on the one hand, I see the connection Africa > Banana > Roberto Carlos > mixed race guy..
    (but it is actually quite far fetched, and bananas are just..... silly! ) And Roberto Carlos is not even particularly black, is he? He looks a bit like a Southern European person to me. Greek maybe.
    Then I don't get the point at all.
    Of course people who throw fruits to the football players should be penaltied if caught. That's all. No connection to the topic.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    He could take a banana and make with it something funny, he could throw a banana back, he could show a middle finger or a fist to the banana thrower, he could just ignore the situation - that would be good enough. Instead he behaved like a spoiled child.
    If you'd watch the video you'd see that he actually trew it back before he left the stadium.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77 View Post
    If you'd watch the video you'd see that he actually trew it back before he left the stadium.
    I can't watch video from where I am now. So first he did right second he did wrong.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Увлечённый спикер fabriciocarraro's Avatar
    The connection is banana -> monkeys -> black people. I don't know if you guys are just being silly with the vodka example, it has nothing to do with it.
    It is definitely about his race, not about being brazilian. If it was Kaká there, this would NEVER happen.

I don't know if you guys follow football news, but I do, and that happens A LOT, not only in Russia, but with non-white people everywhere. The most famous example is Eto'o, the camaronese. Also, the supporters from Zenit had already declared that they don't want black people on the team, and their coach agreed.

I totally agree with Roberto Carlos' behaviour in this situation. It is not the first time that this happened, and it is indeed very offensive. If he would keep "being ok" with this issue (and it's not a minor one) it would never stop happening. I agree with you Hanna, these people should be banished.

One example about Eto'o here: YouTube - ‪Eto'o being abuse!‬‏

This is what the other team (Krylya Sovetov) posted on their official website today:

"Мы сделаем все, чтобы найти этого подонка!

Футбольный клуб "Крылья Советов" приносит свои искренние извинения капитану команды "Анжи" Роберто Карлосу за инцидент, произошедший в конце матча и носивший явно провокационный характер. Мы негодуем вместе с ним, вместе с футболистами и болельщиками "Анжи", да и вообще вместе со всеми здравомыслящими людьми, которым омерзительны подобные проявления расизма. Самарских болельщиков всегда отличало самое доброжелательное отношение к футболистам разных национальностей. В "Крыльях Советов" играли и играют представители более чем тридцати стран всех континентов, и в клубе и вокруг него всегда были дружелюбие и взаимопонимание. Да и сегодняшней игре предшествовал товарищеский матч между болельщиками "Крыльев Советов" и "Анжи", который прошел в самой доброжелательной обстановке. Аплодисментами были встречены на стадионе "Металлург" главный тренер команды "Анжи" Гаджи Гаджиев, капитан команды Роберто Карлос и камерунский защитник Бенуа Ангбва, который был любимцем публики в свою бытность игроком "Крыльев Советов". И эта безобразная расистская выходка подонка, которого и человеком-то назвать сложно, омрачила сегодняшний футбольный матч и вызвала глубокое возмущение всех болельщиков "Крыльев Советов". Руководство футбольного клуба "Крылья Советов" заверяет, что приложит все усилия, чтобы найти и наказать подонка, оскорбившего замечательного уважаемого футболиста, которого обожают во всем мире, в том числе и в нашем городе.

Просим всех, кто может оказать содействие в поиске человека, чей поступок возмутил всю футбольную общественность, обратиться по телефону +7 (937) 173-46-74 офицеру безопасности ПФК "Крылья Советов" Тагиру Хусаинову.

Благодарим за понимание и великодушие Роберто Карлоса, общавшегося после матча с самарскими болельщиками, и футбольный клуб "Анжи", разместивший на своем сайте в высшей степени корректную и благородную оценку этого инцидента."

"Racism in Brazil is of the worst kind"
    Open Mic: Brazilian Football and Racism | Bleacher Report
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

Подающий надежды оратор
    А я бы до всей этой истории и не подумал бы, что бананом можно оскорбить.
    Я с детства очень люблю бананы!
    В основном безвреден.

Quote Originally Posted by sperk View Post
    "Racism in Brazil is of the worst kind"
    Open Mic: Brazilian Football and Racism | Bleacher Report
    Who wrote that? A brazilian, living here? I don't think so, but if he's brazilian he does not follow football, you know why? Because he didn't know that our goalkeeper in the World Cup of 1950 was black (Barbosa), we had black and mixed guys since our first World Cup in 1930 (Araken Patuska, for example), our best player of all time (and probably the best in the history of football) is Pelé, and guess his color?
    I have NEVER heard anything bad about Pelé being black or anything like that, and I don't remember anyone saying bad things about Dida, or Romário, or Nilton Santos, or Garrincha, or Djalma Santos, or Jairzinho, or Robinho, or Ronaldinho, or......etc etc etc because of their color.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456