Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Slawnik
    Is here a great difference between ћ and ч?
    Well Croatian speakers use usually ћ[ć] instead of ч[č]. Well not usually but more than Serbian speakers. As I already said ћ[ć] is similar to c in Italian Ciao.
    Не могу све битке да се добијају. Рат не добија онај који оће све битке да добије него онај који уме паметно да их губи.
    Драгослав Михајловић

Почётный участник
    In the past in Serbia letter ћ was written like чь.
    Не могу све битке да се добијају. Рат не добија онај који оће све битке да добије него онај који уме паметно да их губи.
    Драгослав Михајловић

Подающий надежды оратор
    Vlacko is right, but I am not Croatian, I just made a little mistake!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    http://mp3.retroportal.ru/5/karaklaich.mp3
    that song was performed by a French-Armenian singer called Charles Aznavour.
    Не плюй в колодец, пригодится водицы, напиться.

铃声下载铃声下载手机铃声下载手机铃声下载
    铃声彩信下载彩信铃声下载下载手机彩信彩信下载下载彩信和弦铃声下载免费铃声特效铃声下载手机彩信图片下载彩信动画
    下载彩信动画免费彩信下载彩信铃声下载彩信铃声下载手机彩信下载铃声下载特效铃声

手机铃声下载铃声下载手机铃声免费下载免费铃声下载三星手机铃声下载免费铃声免费手机铃声诺基亚手机铃声下载mp3铃声下载

铃声铃声下载手机铃声下载手机铃声免费铃声下载手机铃声免费下载免费铃声mp3铃声三星手机铃声下载三星手机铃声特效铃声诺基亚手机铃声下载和弦铃声三星铃声下载三星手机铃声特效铃声彩信彩信下载手机彩信免费彩信彩信动画

铃声铃声下载手机铃声下载手机铃声免费铃声下载免费铃声手机铃声免费下载三星手机铃声下载和弦铃声诺基亚铃声下载诺基亚铃声诺基亚铃声诺基亚手机铃声和弦铃声三星铃声铃声下载 371m彩信midi铃声midi铃声下载特效铃声下载原唱铃声qq铃声mp3手机铃声诺基亚3100铃声下载联想手机铃声下载原唱铃声下载移动铃声下载铃声下载单音铃声搞笑铃声mid铃声下载手机特效铃声单音铃声下载和弦铃声手机铃声图片下载手机特效铃声下载短信铃声移动手机铃声下载手机和弦铃声cect手机铃声下载彩信铃声诺基亚3120铃声下载和旋铃声下载原声铃声下载铃声图片诺基亚免费铃声下载免费和弦铃声下载免费mp3铃声下载免费和弦铃声三星铃声免费下载免费mp3铃声诺基亚免费铃声手机铃声免费下免费铃声图片下载免费特效铃声下载免费三星手机铃声midi铃声免费下载三星免费铃声免费手机和弦铃声诺基亚3100免费铃声和弦铃声下载mp3铃声下载mp3手机铃声手机mp3铃声下载三星手机铃声诺基亚铃声诺基亚手机铃声下载诺基亚手机铃声手机特效铃声手机特效铃声下载移动手机铃声下载移动铃声原唱铃声下载手机原唱铃声下载nokia铃声nokia手机铃声下载nokia手机铃声搞笑铃声下载搞笑手机铃声搞笑手机铃声下载免费搞笑铃声下载nec手机铃声nec免费手机铃声单音铃声下载手机单音铃声下载手机单音铃声波导手机铃声下载波导铃声下载波导手机铃声nokia铃声下载tcl手机铃声下载tcl铃声下载tcl手机铃声摩托罗拉铃声下载摩托罗拉手机铃声摩托罗拉铃声联想手机铃声下载联想手机铃声联想铃声下载lg手机铃声下载lg手机铃声免费下载lg手机铃声和旋铃声下载

Подающий надежды оратор
    Zdravo!

Ja Marco jesam.
    I am Marco.

Učim srpski / srpskohrvatski, ali ne dobro sam.
    I'm learning Serbian / Serbocroatian, but I'm not good (at it).

Holandski (?) jesam.
    I'm Dutch.

I'm learning Serbian via www.serbianschool.com because I like to learn as many languages as possible. But I gotta admit that this language is one of my favourites!

Well, so I am Marco, I'm 17 years old and my birthday is the 14th of September. I have been looking for a Serbian language forum and this is the first 'good' one I found. I'm from the Netherlands, I'm studying and I have a job as a postman. Formula 1 is my biggest passion and I'm a very very very big fan of Giancarlo Fisichella.

I'd love to know more Serbocroatian soon!

Подающий надежды оратор
    Pozdrav i dobrodošao.

If you don't mind, I will make a few corrections for you.

"Ja Marco jesam."

You mean just "Ja sam Marco". "jesam" does mean "I am" but it is only used at the beginning of sentences, like a one word response, or for special emphasis. While that sentence would be understood, the position of jesam sounds very unnatural to me.

"Učim srpski / srpskohrvatski, ali ne dobro sam."

You might want to instead say "Učim srpski/srpskohrvatski, ali ne (još ) dobro govorim."

The short forms of biti (sam, si, je, smo, ste, su) can follow in the word order with phrases like "dobro sam" but when it is being negated it must always come first - "nisam dobro".

Also, I am dutch should not be "Holandski jesam" but "Holandez sam" (nationality adjects like Holandski aren't used in the same way in Slavic languages as in others. You want to use the noun instead)

It's a hard language, but keep it up and you'll be fine.

Siguran sam da ćeš biti.
    "In Wenceslas Square, in Prague, a guy is throwing up. Another guy comes up to him, pulls a long face, shakes his head, and says: 'I know just what you mean.'"
    -Milan Kundera

Подающий надежды оратор
    Hvala lepo for the corrections, Stjepan!

I was wondering, does the Serbian word order differ much from the English?

I mean, do you say:

'mio sam' or 'jesam mio'?

Or are they by any chance both possible?

And how do you spell Ana Ivanovic's name? Is it 'Ana Ivanovič' or - 'vić'?

Hvala for the warm došao!

Подающий надежды оратор
    The word order is not very different, as like English it is spoken basically Subject-Verb-Object. Sometimes at the start of a new sentence or phrase a short form verb like sam or ćeš will follow, but this is because they are in the short form.

Word order is very flexible, like in Russian but it isn't quite as, because enclitics (words like li, se, and genitive and dative enclitics like me and mi) have a strict order in the sentence, but you don't need to worry about that right now, I think.

Both "mio sam" and "jesam mio" are correct, although I'm not sure if you are saying what you want to say, as it means something like "I am dear/sweet". I'm a Croatian speaker though and we don't really use that word so often, but I don't think it would be any different in Serbian.

And the name should end with vić.
    "In Wenceslas Square, in Prague, a guy is throwing up. Another guy comes up to him, pulls a long face, shakes his head, and says: 'I know just what you mean.'"
    -Milan Kundera

Подающий надежды оратор
    Zdravo!

Hvala (again?)!

Idem jabuka sada.
    I'm eating an apple now.

Šta ideš?
    Wat are you eating?

Koliko možemo da idemo?
    How much can we eat?

Ne hoću raditi ništa još.
    I don't want to do anything yet.

Volim da volim.
    Volim voliti.
    I love to love.

What is more appropriate to use?

Verb + da + Verb
    or
    Verb + Infinitive?

Hvala in advance!

Подающий надежды оратор
    hey there again

Actually, idem/ideš are from the verb ići which means to go. To eat is jesti, which conjugates as jedem, jedeš, jede, jedemo, jedete, jedu

Also, you really don't need sada in there since it's already clear in the verb that you are doing it now. If you really want it for emphasis though it would be more natural sounding to say "sada jedem jabuku"

(The object needs the accusative case)

što/šta jedeš?

na žalost, nemam vremena jesti.

Words like još, sada etc tend to come earlier in the sentence. Unfortunately, I don't know what this category of words is called so it's probably not much help. :\

"Koliko možemo da idemo"
    ne znam...

"Ne hoću raditi ništa još."

This sentence has a few problems. The first problem is that ne hoću is not the correct negation form. Rather, it should be neću.

The bigger problem though is that this sentence sounds more like you are saying ''I won't do anything yet'', because htjeti/hteti followed by an infinitive verb is how you form future tense.

To remove the ambiguity, it is better to use želim in this sentence. So a better sentence would be more like "Ne želim još ništa raditi"

Hmm...I guess the word order is quite a bit different afterall. *shrugs*

Also, in Serbian you would use Volim da volim to say "I love to love", but in Croatian you use Volim voljeti. People will understand either one but those are the preferences.
    -Milan Kundera

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjepan
    Actually, idem/ideš are from the verb ići which means to go. To eat is jesti, which conjugates as jedem, jedeš, jede, jedemo, jedete, jedu
    Gosh, you're so right! Silly me!

Also, you really don't need sada in there since it's already clear in the verb that you are doing it now. If you really want it for emphasis though it would be more natural sounding to say "sada jedem jabuku"

(The object needs the accusative case)

što/šta jedeš?

na žalost, nemam vremena jesti.
    I see. I still have to learn the Serbian cases, so you have to excuse me for only using the nominative.

Words like još, sada etc tend to come earlier in the sentence. Unfortunately, I don't know what this category of words is called so it's probably not much help. :\
    You mean adverbs?

"Koliko možemo da idemo"
    ne znam...
    Niti ne znam!

"Ne hoću raditi ništa još."

This sentence has a few problems. The first problem is that ne hoću is not the correct negation form. Rather, it should be neću.

The bigger problem though is that this sentence sounds more like you are saying ''I won't do anything yet'', because htjeti/hteti followed by an infinitive verb is how you form future tense.

To remove the ambiguity, it is better to use želim in this sentence. So a better sentence would be more like "Ne želim još ništa raditi"
    Thanks! This is really helping me!

Also, in Serbian you would use Volim da volim to say "I love to love", but in Croatian you use Volim voljeti. People will understand either one but those are the preferences.
    I see! Thanks again!

Right now I'm learning all about food!

Подающий надежды оратор
    Здраво,

Ја сам Audrey из Белгие. Већ овде сам била али нисач знала ништа у српску. Сада учим га, али то је врло тежак. Можда можете ме поноћи!

Хвала

I guess i'm making a hell of a lot of mistakes here, but i'm still at the beginning of the book 'im learning with.
    I'm trying out with the cases, but it's... erm... difficult.

Thanks if you can correct me, hope i'll get better!

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by iblix
    Здраво,

Ја сам Audrey из Белгие. Већ овде сам била али нисач знала ништа у српску. Сада учим га, али то је врло тежак. Можда можете ме поноћи!

Correction:
    "Ovdje sam već bila ali nisam znala ništa na srpskom. Sada ga učim, ali mi je jako težak. Možda mi možete pomoći."

Подающий надежды оратор
    Thanks a lot.
    Ok, even worse than the cases is the words order!
    This really helped me.

Подающий надежды оратор

Would it also be right to say: "Neću da još ništa radim" ? Hem, not sure about the word order either...

Новичок
    Would it also be right to say: "Neću da još ništa radim" ? Hem, not sure about the word order either...
    It would be "Neću još ništa da radim" which means "I want to do nothing yet"

Подающий надежды оратор
    ok, thanks!

Почётный участник
    Здраво,

Хвала

I guess i'm making a hell of a lot of mistakes here, but i'm still at the beginning of the book 'im learning with.
    I'm trying out with the cases, but it's... erm... difficult.

Ха, како је занимљиво читати твоју поруку Ибликс. Али није то ништа, српски јесте тежак, али уз одговарајући напор може да се научи.

It's really interesting reading your post Iblix. But that's nothing, Serbian is hard to learn, but with proper effort you can learn it.
    Драгослав Михајловић

Новичок
    Zdravo i Selam Aleykum

Ja sam iz Turska.I'm Bosnjak.Zovem se Yusuf.Ja zivim u istanbul.
    imam 21 godina.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast