Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Political Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Feel free to point out anything that I have said, that is NOT correct. I base my views on facts. The truth makes you feel uncomfortable?

I'm sure there'd be no complaints from you if the same comments were against Putin, about the negatives of the USSR or the greatness of the new Kiev regime, right?

For those types of opinions, you can try: CNN.com International - Breaking, World, Business, Sports, Entertainment and Video News Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos BBC - Homepage Home | Mail Online Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis and many more...

What's so terrible, about offering an alternative worldview? Or should there be an allegiance test / PC conformity test before anybody joins here?
    All this here makes me cringe. Could it be qualified as trolling? Seems like it.
    Hanna, all this prolong protracted rant about horrible US is tiresome and just plain boring already. And it's kind of sadly obvious that your intentions were to make our Americans fell uncomfortable. Time after time after time... there is no end to it. Nobody is arguing it. It's fine, you made your point, it's all clear. So, could you stop beating that dead horse and maybe we'd start taking about something else? Just a wish. No need to reply.
    I sent e-mail to Admin and I'am waiting for his decision.
    fortheether likes this.

I want to admit my own guilt: I have been using this forum too much, and plan to use it less. [/LIST]
    You can use the forum as much as you want.
    There is not a use limitation.
    Only through discussion we improve ourselfs and others.
    Lampada likes this.
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Властелин
    Hanna,
    I come here to learn about Russian speaking countries culture, language, food, life etc. I would expect that the moderators here would allow a fair view of the Russian speaking countries. How are you as a moderator going to allow a fair view of the USA for the Russian speakers that are interested in the USA?

I never visit the politics section here any longer. I don't see the point as my language level and knowledge of Russian speaking countries doesn't allow it. I assume you still constantly bash the USA there, I don't read nor care about it.

If you feel that you can be a fair moderator to people wanting to learn about countries that you constantly bash then I'm all for it, otherwise, as a moderator, you'd be doing a disservice to those folks.

Scott

I don't see any reason to continue the conversation. Sorry I jumped on bytemare here, I didn't see fortheether's post just above.

Well - fortheether has been a member since 2004, so it looks like he can handle a bit of criticism. He hasn't been scared off by anything I said, and I am not going to keep quiet just because he would rather I ranted about how much I admire and respect the USA. (there are others here who do a good job of that!)

Feel free to write a post to counter anything I say. I can't help it, Scott, if you can't or won't defend your country from horrible Swedish ladies making outrageous accusations

Likewise as a long term participant in the forum, why not offer your services as a moderator?

Hanna
    I really don't care whether I am a moderator or not.
    I just wanted to help, and was offered the opportunity. Feel free to try somebody else, if I'm not the kind of moderator that is wanted. My interest was in keeping the forum alive, and keeping the standards high.

The thread above shows a great deal of hypocrisy in my view. No end of insulting, provocative and ridiculous comments are constantly made about Russia in the forum. There is not the slightest sympathy that any of the Russian participants might be offended. Likewise both Ukrainians and Belarussians have been under fire in the forum, to the extent that they actually dropped off. But woe betide anyone should comment negatively on the US and and accidentally offend the sensitive souls from there. Double standards.

While I have certainly used the forum to vent my own feelings, and agreed that it's not always the best thing to do I'm not interested in censoring either myself or others.

All I'd look for is obvious trolling and rude or insulting posts. One of the reasons I like this forum is because it's always had a relaxed and laid-back style where discussions are allowed to flow freely and people speak their minds without self-censoring. I am aware that a few of the Russian participants have been rude in the Ukraine threads and I am just as much against that, as I am against insults on Russia. However, in general I support people's right to say whatever they like, as long as they are not rude or deliberately trolling.

Right now, I am really put off the whole situation, and I am wondering whether we simply have too many persistent trolls and too much controversy and sensitivities to use the Political Forum at all at the moment. A "self-censored" trollpit is not for me.

It would be a pity because the political forum was once an excellent place to learn about Russian politics, and it was once a haven for unbiased straight-from-the-source info on Russia, in English. Not available anywhere else. But right now it seems in danger of dying a slow death. It was to prevent that, that I offered to help.
    Alex_krsk and hddscan like this.

Ok, I will take the bait

Ханночка, I agree with 90% of what you've just said. If you are responding to my comments in this thread, however, it's addressing something completely different than what I brought up. I have only said that it's hard to imagine a person that posts views anti 50% of the world becomes a moderator. To your point, it would likewise be a surprise if someone constantly bashed Russia (or insert country here) and became a moderator.

I also support the general freedom to be able to express views on this site for ordinary members, it's one way we learn not only about different views, but how express them effectively and have others accept our opinion.

I really don't care whether I am a moderator or not. ...
    Да это понятно, но я всё ещё жду ответ Админа на мой запрос. Насколько мне известно, он был вообще против большой (и часто негативной) активности в разделе Политика.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин
    (Склоку подробно не читал, но выскажусь.)

Ханна обладает культурой общения — качеством, которое не помешало бы «прокачать» каждому из нас. Уж если кто и имеет моральное право модерировать политический форум, это она.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    (Склоку подробно не читал, но выскажусь.)

Ханна обладает культурой общения — качеством, которое не помешало бы «прокачать» каждому из нас. Уж если кто и имеет моральное право модерировать политический форум, это она.
    Ханна - интеллигентный человек, немного эмоциональный, но очень вежливый и аккуратный в высказываниях.
    И почему именно её обвинили здесь в троллизме, а не того кто начал перепалку, мне не понятно, вернее понятно, но объяснять это смысла нет.
    RedFox likes this.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Hanna
    Thanks Redfox.

Does Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 downed over Eastern Ukraine fall under the moriaturium on Ukrainian topics?

Почтенный гражданин
    Thanks Redfox.

Does Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 downed over Eastern Ukraine fall under the moriaturium on Ukrainian topics?
    Поскольку событие произошло на украине, думаю попадает под мораторий. Хотя от местных "правил" можно ожидать любого морфизма.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Hanna
    I don't think the Political forum here is any use, if all feasible/relevant topics that people want to discuss are banned. (see UA plane crash)

It's a shame, and I totally disagree with the way things have developed.

Is anyone aware of any alternative forum that discusses news out of Russia / CIS in English?
    Basil77 and iCake like this.

Почтенный гражданин
    I don't think the Political forum here is any use, if all feasible/relevant topics that people want to discuss are banned. (see UA plane crash)

It's a shame, and I totally disagree with the way things have developed.

Is anyone aware of any alternative forum that discusses news out of Russia / CIS in English?
    Why would one want to discuss a plane crash at a language forum? Why would one want to discuss a plane crash anywhere? A plane crash is a tragic conjuncture of concurrencies especially when one single airline is mentioned. Planes don't just disappear, well not in all cases they just disappear, in most cases they fall. But what does it have to do with a political forum? In political sections people would want to talk politics. Like, say, sixth BRICS summit. That would be pretty neutral political topic about e.g. establishment of a BRICS contingent reserve arrangement that would be worth intelligent discussion. Why would one bring uninvestigated tragic accident that had happened one day after that to a political thread of a language forum? That's what are moratoruims for.
    Why would one post a map with lines drawn on it? Why not to draw circles?
    I absolutely agree that we should not discuss whatever is not yet investigated properly.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_krsk View Post
    Why would one want to discuss a plane crash at a language forum? Why would one want to discuss a plane crash anywhere? A plane crash is a tragic conjuncture of concurrencies especially when one single airline is mentioned. Planes don't just disappear, well not in all cases they just disappear, in most cases they fall. But what does it have to do with a political forum? In political sections people would want to talk politics. Like, say, sixth BRICS summit. That would be pretty neutral political topic about e.g. establishment of a BRICS contingent reserve arrangement that would be worth intelligent discussion. Why would one bring uninvestigated tragic accident that had happened one day after that to a political thread of a language forum? That's what are moratoruims for.
    Why would one post a map with lines drawn on it? Why not to draw circles?
    I absolutely agree that we should not discuss whatever is not yet investigated properly.
    "Наконец
    Я слышу речь не мальчика, но мужа."

Из трагедии «Борис Годунов» (1825) А. С. Пушкина . Слова Марины Мнишек, обращенные к Самозванцу.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    "Наконец
    Я слышу речь не мальчика, но мужа."

Из трагедии «Борис Годунов» (1825) А. С. Пушкина . Слова Марины Мнишек, обращенные к Самозванцу.
    "Если лёгок как дым,
    То таким и не надо никуда"

Л. Фёдоров "Девушки поют"
    Lugn, bara lugn

"Если лёгок как дым,
    То таким и не надо никуда"

Л. Фёдоров "Девушки поют"

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Lugn, bara lugn

Hanna
    @Alex, I think we know that this was not a mechanical crash. You may not want to discuss it, and nobody was making you. However there were people who did want to comment and were interested in what others thought.

@Lampada, Masteradmin; take a glance at the political forum. Something is wrong, when 3/4 of all threads are locked. If the forum can't stomach discussion of Politics anymore for whatever reason, or if it doesn't support the core mission of site, then just remove that section and be done with it. Censorship never happened before, for as long as I've been a member, and it only started as things progressively deteriorated in Ukraine. Right now it looks like censorship, a bit of a farce when there are more closed threads than open threads. It's just not a good reflection on the open climate that you probably want to promote.

I thought I could help to keep that forum reasonably dynamic, interesting, informative and troll free as a Mod, along the lines that it was functioning for many years. But I don't see that I could do anything if the regime is this strict, so if another Mod is needed, I'm not the "right" person for the job, and I probably wasn't a good choice to begin with.

Ханна, я понимаю тебя, но сейчас не те времена, что были раньше. Чью или какую политику ты хочешь обсуждать? Идёт кровопролитная война, воюющие гибнут каждый день, с обеих сторон, плюс гибнет гражданское население.
    Если хочешь выразить соболезнование семьям погибших и раненых, пожалуйста, открой тему.

Почтенный гражданин
    @Alex, I think we know that this was not a mechanical crash. You may not want to discuss it, and nobody was making you. However there were people who did want to comment and were interested in what others thought.
    At least i tried.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Hanna
    At least i tried.
    Sorry I misunderstood your post My mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    Ханна, я понимаю тебя, но сейчас не те времена, что были раньше. Чью или какую политику ты хочешь обсуждать? Идёт кровопролитная война, воюющие гибнут каждый день, с обеих сторон плюс гибнет гражданское население.
    Если хочешь выразить соболезнование семьям погибших и раненых, пожалуйста, открой тему.
    I disagree with you on this, I think it's a highly relevant topic in a forum titled:

" Politics Discuss everything about the politics of Russia and other countries of the former USSR."
    However, I respect your authority as a moderator, I've known you for a long time and always liked you, and I realise that this might be a topic where it's impossible for you to stay neutral. So I am not going to quarrel with you about it.

I think I've said everything I have to say about this topic now.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast