Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Political Forum?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Не уверена, что в настоящий момент возможно найти беспристрастного обозревателя политических событий. Интересно, знаешь ли ты кого-нибудь такого в своём окружении? Может, если только совсем равнодушный ко всему человек.
    Беспристрастных людей не бывает.
    Беспристрастным бывает только закон.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Hanna
    I think both Alexkrsk and Redfox would be good Russian mods.

They are adult, well-educated people with broad perspectives, albeit different. Neither hold any extreme views as far as I am aware They never make comments just to provoke.

Alex' English is top notch and Redfox can do it if he has to, I think, lol. Better than my Russian...
    Both can keep the Russian speakers in check with authority.

I would be willing to do it, if you thought I was suitable. I would focus on the English posts and only deal with the Russian if somebody was totally and very noticeably out of order. I can keep my personal feelings about individuals to myself. As long as people aren't deliberately trolling, using vulgar or rude language, or lashing out at individuals I'd be fine. I would probably hold back on a few comments that I make as a non-mod.

What happened with GromoZeka? I haven't seen her for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    No, I know.Most of the Russian speaking members here would be banned if they expressed their views on Ukraine and many other things in an English speaking forum. I would probably have been banned for some of the things I've said about the US.

I think you are normally very tolerant and broadminded yourself, however the impression I am getting is that it's just been too much, too intensive lately, and that you are probably affected by the Ukraine issue on a personal level.

I really don't mean to push you against the wall with this. So if the final verdict is "no" then fair enough.

I really think somebody from Belarus would be able to see both perspectives in this question, don't you? Or even if somebody like that can't be found, then surely there are people who could just pledge to let everbody have their say, as long as they don't attack individuals or indulge in blatant hate speech.

I would offer to moderate myself, but it's too hard to read all the posts in Russian and sometimes I don't visit the forum for a few days. Also people might not perceive me as objective and fair.
    Спасибо за добрые слова! Откровенно говоря, понятия не имею, насколько нейтральны могут быть белорусы или казахи. И где они у нас? Был Дима, ушёл, хлопнув дверью, вроде из-за модерации. Точно не был нейтральным.
    Ты себя видишь нейтральной и беспристрастной?
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин
    Я слишком нервный.

Hanna
    Ты себя видишь нейтральной и беспристрастной?
    Нет Не совсем. Вот почему я не добровольно. У меня есть твердое мнение о некоторых вопросах. Но я могу, если я хочу...
    Alex_krsk and RedFox like this.

Подающий надежды оратор the_blade's Avatar
    Ты правила форума читал? Обрати, пожалуйста, внимание на правило №5: Forum Rules
    Да вроде проверил ничего не нашел..

Подающий надежды оратор the_blade's Avatar
    Не уверена, что в настоящий момент возможно найти беспристрастного обозревателя политических событий. Интересно, знаешь ли ты кого-нибудь такого в своём окружении? Может, если только совсем равнодушный ко всему человек.
    Я могу! Я нейтрален ко всему как мамонт растаман

They are adult, well-educated people with broad perspectives, albeit different. Neither hold any extreme views as far as I am aware They never make comments just to provoke.

Alex' English is top notch and Redfox can do it if he has to, I think, lol. Better than my Russian...
    Both can keep the Russian speakers in check with authority.

I would be willing to do it, if you thought I was suitable. I would focus on the English posts and only deal with the Russian if somebody was totally and very noticeably out of order. I can keep my personal feelings about individuals to myself. As long as people aren't deliberately trolling, using vulgar or rude language, or lashing out at individuals I'd be fine. I would probably hold back on a few comments that I make as a non-mod.

What happened with GromoZeka? I haven't seen her for ages.
    Редфакса однажды приглашала помогать мне, он отказался. Теперь я бы ему не предложила: я пугаюсь его вспыльчивости и резкости. Алекс - насмешливый и любит задавать провокационные вопросы. Не представляю их холодными наблюдателями. Не судите строго за прямоту.
    Громозека занята реалом и абсолютно не нейтральная.
    Last edited by Lampada; July 15th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Я слишком нервный.
    Why? You and Alex complement each other perfectly.
    I mean, it's not like we have aggressive lunatics in this forums. The only problem is that the Ukraine issue got too emotional for some people + we have some kids who troll a bit from time to time.
    Other than that, most people are well educated reasonable people who are completely competent to hold a civilised conversation.

I don't know how many spam posts there are.

It's completely unusual what happened now.
    Lampada has always been SUPER tolerant with anything from drunk Americans and Russians swearing (and apologising the next day!) to Baltic people with a huge chip on their shoulder ranting about long buried history. People have ranted against Russia, against the USA, against the EU, for and against the USSR, about WW2 and many other topics. It's been quite rare that moderation was needed, and refreshing to hear a broad range of views. I can't begin to summarize how much I've learned in these forums.

Maybe (just speculating) things got more problematic as the East-West split has re-appared a bit in the last couple of years. I joined in 2009 and things were a bit less tense back then.

Нет Не совсем. Вот почему я не добровольно. У меня есть твердое мнение о некоторых вопросах. Но я могу, если я хочу...
    Ну, захоти! Можем тебя попробовать, если сможешь быть просто сторонним обозревателем и нейтральным критиком. Журналистом как бы.
    А я тогда в Политике буду защищать Украину!
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин
    Редфакса однажды приглашала помогать мне, он отказался. Теперь я бы ему не предложила: я пугаюсь его вспыльчивости и резкости. Алекс - насмешливый и любит задавать провокационные вопросы. Не представляю их холодными наблюдателями. Простите за прямоту.
    Громозека занята реалом и абсолютно не нейтральная.
    На лицо создание проблемы на пустом месте. При чём здесь личные качества человека? Модератор - не ведущий программы. У модератора, в отличие от ведущего, очень скучная обязанность - читать посты, находить в них несоответствия правилам и по этим же правилам действовать. Единственное необходимое качество модератора - иметь достаточно свободного времени (именно поэтому я не квалифицируюсь в первую очередь).

А искать "беспристрастного журналиста" не имея правил - это хождение по кругу.
    plosheet likes this.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Hanna
    Ну, захоти! Можем тебя попробовать, если сможешь быть просто сторонним обозревателем и нейтральным критиком. Журналистом как бы.
    Хорошо давайте попробуем! Я понимаю, что надо быть нейтральной. Что должнa сделать, чтобы начать?

Edit - Alex post put me off a bit. I assume I can still make a comment if I want? I will not write any anti-American rant as a Mod though, because people might get the view that it represents the view of the forum. And for me, availability varies a lot. When I work, normally only in the evenings. I can't access this site from work and login as myself - they check where people go online. Anything controversial and you are history.
    Lampada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_krsk View Post
    На лицо создание проблемы на пустом месте. При чём здесь личные качества человека? Модератор - не ведущий программы. У модератора, в отличие от ведущего, очень скучная обязанность - читать посты, находить в них несоответствия правилам и по этим же правилам действовать. Единственное необходимое качество модератора - иметь достаточно свободного времени (именно поэтому я не квалифицируюсь в первую очередь).

А искать "беспристрастного журналиста" не имея правил - это хождение по кругу.
    Нагуглила я твои правила: бюрократия чистой воды. Может, они и нужны для форума с сотнями участников. Видела там твои фотки, фотогеничный ты.

Хорошо давайте попробуем! Я понимаю, что надо быть нейтральной. Что должнa сделать, чтобы начать?
    Отправлю имэйл с рекомендацией Админу. А потом увидим, что дальше. Успеха!

Почтенный гражданин
    Нагуглила я твои правила: бюрократия чистой воды. Может, они и нужны для форума с сотнями участников. Видела там твои фотки, фотогеничный ты.
    Ну если ваша цель - оставить этот форум клубом для пятерых, то конечно. Только зачем тогда использовать слова типа "развитие"?
    Lugn, bara lugn

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_krsk View Post
    Ну если ваша цель - оставить этот форум клубом для пятерых, то конечно. Только зачем тогда использовать слова типа "развитие"?
    «Форум будет таким как есть» же, ну.

Почтенный гражданин
    I will not write any anti-American rant as a Mod though, because people might get the view that it represents the view of the forum.
    Вот этого я и боюсь. Если ты станешь хорошим модератором. Политические темы потеряют тебя как постера. А без "бюрократии чистой воды" ты , будучи человеком порядочным, будешь чувствовать скованность участвуя в обсуждении тем.

they check where people go online. Anything controversial and you are history.
    Жёстко они с вами.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Почтенный гражданин
    Видела там твои фотки, фотогеничный ты.
    Никак, видимо, не получается без перехода на личности
    Lampada likes this.
    Lugn, bara lugn

Edit - Alex post put me off a bit. I assume I can still make a comment if I want? I will not write any anti-American rant as a Mod though, because people might get the view that it represents the view of the forum. And for me, availability varies a lot. When I work, normally only in the evenings. I can't access this site from work and login as myself - they check where people go online. Anything controversial and you are history.
    Не волнуйся! Для нашего форума всегда были важны доброжелательность участников, лёгкая приветливая атмосфера. Полное приятие любых точек зрения и образов жизни. Если у тебя получится обеспечить это в Политике - честь тебе и хвала.
    Hanna likes this.

Hanna
    Alex makes a good point. Let's see how this goes.
    If I find I cannot combine moderating with my views, then I'll step down, or Lampada will have to sack me!

Another thing I could do, is to have an alternative account.

Either way, I have actually only been "censored" twice or maybe three times.
    Even as a normal poster, I usually express myself diplomatically enough that people can see that it's not personal or fanatical, and it's an earnestly held opinion, based on facts that they can check themselves.
    The times I was moderated, I was aware that I was overstepping the mark each time, but did it anyway.

Another thing; I always respect people who hold a different view than me, as long as they present their viewpoint in a decent, coherent manner, remain polite and have some facts to support their views. I.e. Redfox and I are not on the same part of the political spectrum, Nulle (a Baltic user who ranted a lot against Russia, but he had historical support for what he was saying), uHoxeplode, who is currently a big Putin fan. He tries to research what he writes to the best of his ability. it-Ogo with the exception of when he got really pissed off towards the end of his career here. But who can blame him for taking things very personally? It was happening right at his doorstep, and he eventually made up his mind as to where his allegiances lied. Definitely his prerogative.T

And in contrast, there are some people who have the same views as me, who I think are insensitive or undiplomatic at times. I won't name any names. I often "like" their posts, as long as they are civil.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast