Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Racism

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom

I was commenting on Kalinkas post. You should be able to see her quote above mine.
    Kalinka is da man. [/quote]

Oh! How strange of me to assume Kalinka was a female name (though I have recently learned it's also a nice berry too I believe!).
    Kalinka, my apologies. Most people assume I'm male so I should not have done the same in reverse!
    Thank you Rtyom for correcting me.
    More madness than method but it works for me.

Почтенный гражданин

Re: on multiple intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by coledavis

No, this is not to do with schools of thought, unless you're of the school of thought that opposes experimental research. Perhaps I should have been clearer and said that there is not a lot of experimental support for 'multiple intelligence'. There is plenty of support amongst the educational community but that is not the same as saying that empirical research underlies the support. What is the evidence? Sorry, but cries of 'old hat' and vague claims that society is built of creativity/capitalism/cream cheese are not scientifically falsifiable (i.e. you can't demonstrate if they're right or wrong). Sorry, I think that the main support for MI is fad support; education does go through several fads over a few decades.
    All I can say is the vast amount of data out there to support my point of view has been around for a long time and has been well demonstrated.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Re Kalinka: the daughter of a Polish neighbour of mine is called Kalinka.

"All I can say is the vast amount of data out there to support my point of view has been around for a long time and has been well demonstrated.

Vast amount, yes. Data, I'm not sure. Vast amount of conjecture, yes. Well demonstrated, no. The research says no, the null hypothesis is supported (results are probably a matter of random variation).

As for the idea being around a long time, so have most of the world's religions and a range of superstitions. The length of time, short or long, isn't relevant.

More madness than method, pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezri
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom

Kalinka is da man.
    Oh! How strange of me to assume Kalinka was a female name (though I have recently learned it's also a nice berry too I believe!).
    Kalinka, my apologies. Most people assume I'm male so I should not have done the same in reverse!
    Thank you Rtyom for correcting me.
    Oh no problem, I didn't even notice it until you brought it up. I thought Rtyom was giving me some sort of complement!

I used to be just Vinnie, but people also thought that was a female name. So I try to make my gender clear by adding belching sounds at the end of every post...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie

Oh no problem, I didn't even notice it until you brought it up. I thought Rtyom was giving me some sort of complement!

I used to be just Vinnie, but people also thought that was a female name. So I try to make my gender clear by adding belching sounds at the end of every post...
    Perhaps your belching is too feminine?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    I thought Rtyom was giving me some sort of complement!
    It was also.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Новичок
    I approve of Russians deciding for themselves who they let into their country.
    What about the countries where Russians were not welcome but where imported during the russification times? Has anyone asked most of the ex-soviet countries if they'd like to have some HUGE Russian invasion? Oh yea, they should have killed immigrants in the small streets one by one, right?

God, we're talking about human beings here! NO ONE deserves death. You don't KILL anyone to say that you don't like his/her presence or do you? It's insane!

Quote Originally Posted by vegas2times
    I approve of Russians deciding for themselves who they let into their country.
    What about the countries where Russians were not welcome but where imported during the russification times?
    They all reverted in 1991. Any older 'russification' times are too far in the past to make any difference.

Has anyone asked most of the ex-soviet countries if they'd like to have some HUGE Russian invasion?
    The only countries USSR had actually annexed were the Baltic countries - Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia. As for the rest - there weren't any strong governments there to begin with. And you forget that USSR has been formed within the territory of the Russian Empire. It actually lost Poland, Finland, West and South Ukraine, Belorussia, Caucasus, and the whole Middle East. Siberia was Russian only nominally.
    The 'russification' of these regions took place 500-600 years ago.

Oh yea, they should have killed immigrants in the small streets one by one, right?
    And so they did. Many Russians were killed in ex-Soviet countries after the collapse of USSR in ethnic purges. The fact that many forget.

God, we're talking about human beings here! NO ONE deserves death. You don't KILL anyone to say that you don't like his/her presence or do you? It's insane!
    It's insane, yes, but sometimes it does happen. 'Human beings' aren't very bright sometimes. And another thing - the one who tries to kill me does deserve death. It's a personal thing.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Новичок
    But the history doesn't begin with the Russian Empire, does it now?
    Nationalist extremists are causing this aggression with their propaganda. Both Russian and against Russian. It's so sad that people can't learn how to co-exist. There are still many Russian groups in my country that will attack you just because you're not Russian. Then again there might be some who attack Russians but I've never heard of such cases. Anyways, it shouldn't be cultivated. I respect Russians and I expect the same treatment. I hold no grudge against the Russian nation but I do dislike people who critisise my country because it's my home and I love it and I want it to be respected.
    Now when I went to St Petersburg I didn't feel like a foreigner that was likely to be attacked. I like Russia, it's a very interesting country with a beautiful culture and I hope that I won't get attacked just because I want to explore it as being an "unwanted element".
    Maybe I'm naive but I think that all the ex-Soviet countries should forget the grudges and maintain good relationships - we have so much in common.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas2times
    ... Maybe I'm naive but I think that all the ex-Soviet countries should forget the grudges and maintain good relationships - we have so much in common.
    +1
    Привет, vegas2times! Добро пожаловать в MasterRussian!
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

So what nationality are you vegas2times?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Новичок
    Привет! Я так медленно пишу на компьютера в русском языке, вот эта фраза мне просила около 15 минуты и я даже непровераю ошибках
    (Ещё 15 минут).
    (Phew) But that's why I'm here,right?
    I'm a Latvian girl and I'd like to learn to use the Russian language (and cultural heritage in that matter) as well as my parents and relatives do. I've learnt to view this language as a tool for opening new horizonts instead of a language that is spoken by those who can't learn Latvian even though they've lived here for many years. The situation has changed here a lot though. It's so nice to see that a lot of people are trying hard to learn the local language and many do so with admirable results - it's so inspirational, I almost feel like owing it to them to learn their language properly as well.
    Baaah, that's one huge offtopic I've made here.. I do apologise!
    What I wanted to add is that human nature is prone to clinging to the bad things of the past instead of the possible good things that the future might bring and also we'd rather concentrate on the scandalous and bad deeds than on the good things that have been done - they're just more noticeable. I think that this might be one of the origins of all those problems mentioned here.

Увлечённый спикер
    cant we all just get along

Завсегдатай
    Tolerance - is sickness, leave 21st century for u, europe and usa ))
    They are not tolerant to us.

We haven't colonize no-one, we haven't slaves, we haven't KKK, we haven't Hitler, so we are not so tolerance like you, sorry, hhaha)))

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910