Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korean strike timed?

I've been in North Cuba and I know it doesn't work.
    Turn in your Che Guevara shirt and be done with the classless society garbage.You would be better off drinking heavily with me and Ramil looking for UFOs. (Yes, I'm still looking forward to that)
    I'm easily amused late at night...

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    The Koreans should be left to sort out their differences without any meddling by any other country. I neither support North Korea, nor would I wish it to be overthrown. How the Koreans live in their own country is not my problem.
    I can't agree more.
    USA interference only fuels the conflict between two Koreas, and the image of N. Korea as evil country is blown out of proportion. I also don't particularly like that USA keeps ruining other states by breaking them into pieces in the process of "peacemaking."

Hanna
    I disagree with everything you say but the UFO smiley is very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah View Post
    I've been in North Cuba and I know it doesn't work.
    Aren't you breaking American law by going there? Or did you go to some US controlled island nearby, rather than Cuba itself?

So you "know" it doesn't work? On what basis? On the grounds that there aren't enough McDonald's and big gas-guzzling cars? Not enough commercials on TV and super-obese people walking the streets? No American airbase just outside the capital?

People are NOT starving in Cuba, they have no drug wars like in Mexico, better organized than Haiti or Jamaica ever were, no beggars like elsewhere in South America, low crime, free decent education and free health care. No sweat-shops like elsewhere in Latin America. They even dropped the death penalty.

Some say a society should be judged on how it treats its poor and needy: In Cuba, anyone is guaranteed a job, a roof over his head, free medical care and free good education, suited to his abilities.

One of the main reasons that it still a poor country is that the worlds largest economy, and their neighbour, has done its' best to strangle their economy, for what, 50 years? Economic blockade etc. And even tried to invade their country! Maybe you should look closer to home before you criticize Cuba!

The people there overthrew one corrupt government before, and no doubt they will do it again if they get sufficiently unhappy! Personally I would guess that perhaps they are comparing their situation with the rest of Latin America, and with the experience of Eastern Europe in the 1990s. And based on that they prefer to keep the status quo for the time being despite the problems.

They still have their dignity as an independent country and there is good hope that things may improve in the future. I understand people are really well educated there and that can only be good for the country. Apparently they also started co-operating with Venezuela which has plenty of oil.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka View Post
    USA interference only fuels the conflict between two Koreas, and the image of N. Korea as evil country is blown out of proportion. I also don't particularly like that USA keeps ruining other states by breaking them into pieces in the process of "peacemaking."
    WTF? Was it US who cut the peninsula into two pieces? The US was the one who tried to keep the commie cancer off the other part of the country after it had been cut. The whole nation of South Korea should say thanks to the US for not being rabbits looking for grass for their dinner.

Увлечённый спикер
    Hanna,

If the purpose of you writing these posts is to vent, then vent away. If the purpose is to get your comrades up in arms then continue to do so. "IF" the purpose of your posts is to change American minds you have now gone down a road that will do the opposite. Before this post even started i was willing to concede we (the US) needed to close most our bases around the world. You can check under a different view of the US...or something like that....one of my post was near the end. You are now changing my mind in the opposite direction. I am beginning to think we need those bases to protect ourselves from people like you. And i suspect if someone was on the fence you have shoved them to the side you dont want them on.

Its your call thou. I believe in free speech, and dont want you to feel silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerms View Post
    Hanna,

If the purpose of you writing these posts is to vent, then vent away. If the purpose is to get your comrades up in arms then continue to do so. "IF" the purpose of your posts is to change American minds you have now gone down a road that will do the opposite. Before this post even started i was willing to concede we (the US) needed to close most our bases around the world. You can check under a different view of the US...or something like that....one of my post was near the end. You are now changing my mind in the opposite direction. I am beginning to think we need those bases to protect ourselves from people like you.
    So, basically USA need all those bases around the world to protect USA from Swedish girls, who don't like militarists?
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Увлечённый спикер
    No from people all over the world who have her exact mind set.

No from people all over the world who have her exact mind set.
    That is from pacifists?

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I disagree with everything you say but the UFO smiley is very funny.

Aren't you breaking American law by going there? Or did you go to some US controlled island nearby, rather than Cuba itself?

So you "know" it doesn't work? On what basis? On the grounds that there aren't enough McDonald's and big gas-guzzling cars? Not enough commercials on TV and super-obese people walking the streets? No American airbase just outside the capital?

People are NOT starving in Cuba, they have no drug wars like in Mexico, better organized than Haiti or Jamaica ever were, no beggars like elsewhere in South America, low crime, free decent education and free health care. No sweat-shops like elsewhere in Latin America. They even dropped the death penalty.

Some say a society should be judged on how it treats its poor and needy: In Cuba, anyone is guaranteed a job, a roof over his head, free medical care and free good education, suited to his abilities.

One of the main reasons that it still a poor country is that the worlds largest economy, and their neighbour, has done its' best to strangle their economy, for what, 50 years? Economic blockade etc. And even tried to invade their country! Maybe you should look closer to home before you criticize Cuba!

The people there overthrew one corrupt government before, and no doubt they will do it again if they get sufficiently unhappy! Personally I would guess that perhaps they are comparing their situation with the rest of Latin America, and with the experience of Eastern Europe in the 1990s. And based on that they prefer to keep the status quo for the time being despite the problems.

They still have their dignity as an independent country and there is good hope that things may improve in the future. I understand people are really well educated there and that can only be good for the country. Apparently they also started co-operating with Venezuela which has plenty of oil.
    I reread your post, Hanna, having come up with a single argument: they get paid $15 a month.

If you have counter-arguments, you are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    I reread your post, Hanna, having come up with a single argument: they get paid $15 a month.
    So, if you bomb them a little, it will solve the problem?

Увлечённый спикер
    Her and people with her views of vitrole and hate towards the US can quickly leap to a gun or a nuke. Her and people like her's support of dictators around the world leaves me with little room to move. Our views on good or bad are so alien, i am beginning to think its safer to keep those bases. Why take a chance?

Увлечённый спикер
    after all what do you have to worry about. apparently we are to stupid and fat to make it to the battlefield. will have a heart attack before we get there and the worlds problems will be over right.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    So, if you bomb them a little, it will solve the problem?
    Their economy doesn't work because something's stopping it. If something is destroyed, that might start solving the problem.

Увлечённый спикер
    she and people like her would say $15 a month is not what gives people there human diginity. That would be her counter argument. which i would agree with. But if you cant practice your religion or speak against castro and in general if your not free to just be yourself then you really dont have much human diginity. Of course then the argument they will make is that is a complete fabrication. And then here we are deadlocked. And of course the US caused it all. And your wrong about some sort of blockage. I can goto cuba if i wanted. I would need premission. The thing as an American that cant do is sell or buy from them without premission. Also Hanna if you wanted or anyone else in the world wanted to goto Cuba they are free to. Tourist from around the world go there all the time.

Завсегдатай
    And your wrong about some sort of blockage. I can goto cuba if i wanted. I would need premission. The thing as an American that cant do is sell or buy from them without premission.
    How does it make her wrong? Economical blockage is exactly what she was talking about.
    United States embargo against Cuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS. Do you mean that you need a permission to go to Cuba from your government? Or did you mean Cuban visa?

Увлечённый спикер
    On the propaganda box the state issues us in the US. They had 1 Cuban exiled doctor (now a US citizen) who goes there (Cuba) to render medical assistance performing cataract surgery and mostly eye related issues. He knows there is a risk that who could get put in jail. But they leave him alone because he promises to not say anything against the regieme. But again this is probably just US propaganda.

Her and people with her views of vitrole and hate towards the US can quickly leap to a gun or a nuke. Her and people like her's support of dictators around the world leaves me with little room to move. Our views on good or bad are so alien, i am beginning to think its safer to keep those bases. Why take a chance?
    It does not guarantee the result. While she exists you can not feel safe. You have to kill all those people like her until they did not kill you. Then you should settle a control over all who remained and check each month with lie detector, and if they suddenly start to support dictators or hate US, kill immediately. This is the only way to save democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    Their economy doesn't work because something's stopping it. If something is destroyed, that might start solving the problem.
    There were some financial problems in USA recently. Also the system of medical care is a bit... insane. Maybe small bombing would help?

Почётный участник
    Eric C.
    Maybe you should do it again (reread)? How can they earn more if there is "Economic blockade"? I'm against communism but your point isn't fair in that conditions.

Увлечённый спикер
    if she was referring to an ecomonic blockade (US Cuban goods in out) then yes we have that. If you are referring to a "blockade" where no one is allowed in or out then that would be incorrect.
    I could charter a boat to Cuba and do what i wanted etc. nobody would stop me except maybe the cubans. But I am supposed to inform the US goverment of my intention to goto Cuba. When, where, and for how long. The VISA would be another matter. The reprecussions of going without informing them are unknown to me. The could of course deny me the request if the felt inclined to. But yet again I am an American this could all be propaganda.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    There were some financial problems in USA recently. Also the system of medical care is a bit... insane. Maybe small bombing would help?
    The US economy does work. Also, the health care system is excellent, in my opinion (and those who happened to need to be put in a hospital with a non-lethal disease and were smart enough to be carrying insurance would agree with me, unlike those in the third world who are dying because of lack of proper medical equipment and medical staff doing nothing to help them). Also, I didn't say anything about bombing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast