Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: North Korean strike timed?

Hanna
    Ok Nerns, the Chinese example really pissed you off?
    And I was only suggesting that it might happen in the future. This is already happening in Europe, and your country is doing it.

If I change the word "Chinese" to "American" in the example, then you have the exact same situation that we currently have in Europe. If it is changed to "Russian", then we have the example of the situation that existed in Eastern Europe for a while.

Example:
    ...you wouldn't mind a few million Chinese, Russsian, American soldiers and Chinese, Russian, American nukes spread out evenly across the US Europe, right....? Just to protect you from Western imperialism Iran and North Korea (yeah, right..)

You might even be so lucky as to have a Chinese, a Russian, an American base next door. And Chinese American dominance of your media would be cool, right? Also mandatory Chinese, Russian English from grade 1 in school... or are you anti-Chinese American? Then when they demand that you change your laws to accommodate Chinese American financial interests or face economic sanctions, you won't mind that either, will you?
    Now, can you sympathise with the frustration that many Europeans feel about the situation with the bases and the bully-boy tactics of the US? You yourself go off on a spin at the mere thought that this might happen in your country. It's already happening here. Some of the stuff that America supports is just as off-putting to us as the activities of China are to you. And that is after our media is already completely dominated by US content and opinions for a long time, and after our laws have been changed to accommodate the US dominance.

Quick note for our "reasonable" Americans:

In 1988, an Iranian civilian airplane was shot down by US missiles over the Persian Gulf. All hands were lost, which means 290 innocent passengers, the majority of whom were Iranian. Among the numerous excuses the Americans made up for the incident, the most ridiculous one was that they had mistakenly identified the Iranian Airbus as an F14 fighter. (Gee, that's brilliant, enit? It's like mistaking a cow for a cat!) The American crew received medals of honor for a neat butchering.

Wikipedia-Iran Air Flight 655

Incidentally, do you guys happen to know where the Persian Gulf is actually located? I mean really knowing, not just having a vague idea about somewhere far away. That's what your troops have been doing: saving the American people from the impending danger of civilian airliners flying on the other side of the planet.
    "If in the end, Misha, you are destined to lose this game, there is no need for the reason to be cowardice!"

Властелин
    Misha, if you're living in Iran, you must know that your women are murdered in an awful way, by stoning, for having sex or expressing their opinion on religion issues. That's much worse than single incidents like one in your example, which is, however, terrible. But do you hate the Ahmad's regime at least as much as the US foreign policy? To make it logical, you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    But do you hate the Ahmad's regime at least as much as the US foreign policy? To make it logical, you must.
    Last summer, I was a few meters away from getting arrested. The other two guys beside me were not that lucky.
    "If in the end, Misha, you are destined to lose this game, there is no need for the reason to be cowardice!"

[troll mode on]

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Tal View Post
    Last summer, I was a few meters away from getting arrested. The other two guys beside me were not that lucky.
    Misha, you might be surprised, but there was a lot of hype in the media that the opposition to Ahmadinejad in the last election was all sponsored and directed by the US and Europe. Below are just some of the points which were put forward:

1. Many of the placards were in English. Why not in Farsi? Allegedly, to show the 'work' to their masters/sponsors in the US.

2. The opposition demanding not to accept the legitimate election results was directed by the US to ultimately put a puppet government similar to Orange Revolution in Ukraine. Allegedly, the pro-US government would allow the US to loot Iranian treasures.

So, Misha, who were you working for?

[troll mode off]

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    To tell you the truth, Crocodile, I need a crocodile's stomach to digest all that cr*p. Tell me one thing: do you want me to reply right here, at the unpleasant risk of getting OFFTOPIC rants, or should I start a new thread?

To tell you the truth, Crocodile, I need a crocodile's stomach to digest all that cr*p. Tell me one thing: do you want me to reply right here, at the unpleasant risk of getting OFFTOPIC rants, or should I start a new thread?
    Probably, a new thread would be better. This one is about the N.Korea, after all. But you're right and I'm sorry for the off-top. So, yeah, go ahead with a new thread.

Властелин
    [troll mode on]

Misha, you might be surprised, but there was a lot of hype in the media that the opposition to Ahmadinejad in the last election was all sponsored and directed by the US and Europe. Below are just some of the points which were put forward:

1. Many of the placards were in English. Why not in Farsi? Allegedly, to show the 'work' to their masters/sponsors in the US.

2. The opposition demanding not to accept the legitimate election results was directed by the US to ultimately put a puppet government similar to Orange Revolution in Ukraine. Allegedly, the pro-US government would allow the US to loot Iranian treasures.

[troll mode off]
    I truly hope that for you, troll and mean the same.
    Last edited by Lampada; December 6th, 2010 at 08:41 AM.

Probably, a new thread would be better. This one is about the N.Korea, after all. But you're right and I'm sorry for the off-top. So, yeah, go ahead with a new thread.
    Here's what I'm gonna do: I'll dig out that old thread about Iran, re-post your points there, and try to deal with the whole garbage objectively. I suppose it's gonna take me a while, so thanks for your patience!

I truly hope that for you, troll and idiot mean the same.
    See, Ramil, the food is coming. So easy. (That's why I'm not trolling anyone - it's so easy and boring.)

Eric, you wouldn't be so reasonably balanced when you'd read all those forums (especially the BBC Russian) at the time of the last Iranian elections. And you have yet to learn about the so-called Orange Revolution in Ukraine and the way it's ended to understand what those guys were talking about. Perhaps, it-ogo could explain better.

Увлечённый спикер
    Misha, You are correct the US story does not make much sense. The iranian account to me seems to be the more logical one.

Hanna, maybe your are right about us bullying. This newest wikileak indicates we kinda bullied Angela Merkel a little.

Hanna
    Wikileaks ROFL!
    Bradley Manning is the real war hero of the Afghanistan war.

Give Misha a break with all this stuff already! He never signed up as the official spokes-person of Iran! He's already said several times that he thinks the regime is too oppressive and I can almost guarantee you that he doesn't want to see anyone stoned. Besides, he can dislike BOTH the Iranian government and the US policies, can't he?

The Iran thread WAS very interesting though and I think that people should bear in mind that there is a smear campaign against Iran in Western media. Nothing they do there is any worse than what happens in Saudi Arabia (in fact, it's more moderate in Iran, I think?). Only difference is that the Saudis are buddies with the US whereas Iran isn't... I for one think it's nice that there ARE countries that follow some other philosophy than just pure consumerism, materialism etc. I am more afraid of being abducted by aliens than I am of a nuclear attack on Europe by Iran.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerms View Post
    Misha, You are correct (....) Hanna, maybe your are right
    Are you feeling OK Nerms?

As for me, I need to be banned from the Political Forum or I will never learn any Russian because I get so distracted by all my ranting.... Seriously is it possible to ban someone from just one lounge but not the whole forum?

Here's what I'm gonna do: I'll dig out that old thread about Iran, re-post your points there, and try to deal with the whole garbage objectively. I suppose it's gonna take me a while, so thanks for your patience!
    Sounds good to me. If you feel like I'm forgetting things and I'm left out of that talk, please drop me a note.

I truly hope that for you, troll and mean the same.
    This is sad.
    Last edited by Lampada; December 6th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I just would very much like:
    1) That they US closed down it's military bases in Europe and
    2) That it stopped meddling in the affairs of other countries, through sanctions, covert operations or war and occupation.
    But basically for the US to behave like a normal country rather than "the country to rule them all".
    Hanna, they just can't do that. The US goverment need this foreign policy to support the qurrent Status Quo: the USA consumes more than 1/3 world resourses (while the USA population is less than 1/20 of world's population) and pays for these resourses with green paper that actually cost nothing.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

1) That they US closed down it's military bases in Europe
    These countries are free to tell the US to leave, like Thailand and the Philippines did.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

Quote Originally Posted by sperk View Post
    1) That they US closed down it's military bases in Europe
    These countries are free to tell the US to leave, like Thailand and the Philippines did.
    O'RLY?
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil View Post
    O'RLY?
    Maybe it's a matter of interest of some group that everyone think they can't?

@Hanna:

Thanks for your understanding! Two points, though:

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I can almost guarantee you that he [i.e. I, Misha Tal] doesn't want to see anyone stoned.
    Why "almost", Hanna? You think there might be a small probability that I would feel somehow gratified to see people stoned? Joking aside, if that woman is not already dead, it's only because many people like me have forcefully confronted the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna
    Nothing they [i.e. the government of Iran] do there is any worse than what happens in Saudi Arabia (in fact, it's more moderate in Iran, I think?). Only difference is that the Saudis are buddies with the US whereas Iran isn't...
    Most Iranians get furious as hell when they are compared with Arabs. In fact, one of the reasons that the apes in our government are so hated over here is their crooked alliance with Arabs. As regards Saudi Arabia, I don't think of that country more than of a medieval tribe. We have 2500 years of political history, and have been struggling for democracy since the Persian Constitutional Revolution, while the Saudis have yet to learn what the word "democracy" means. If we've been trying to get our elections clean, Arabs can happily live without any elections at all.

Maybe I shouldn't go that far. Our philosophizing Crocodile thinks it's racism. I think it's more of a national grudge. By the way, hardly any country is devoid of that kind of historical rancor. Perhaps except for the few countries that have no history to speak of.

I'm afraid I've gone way beyond the topic at hand which was a screwed up topic anyway. I'll do the rest of today's program, as promised, in the Iran thread.

@Lampada, or whoever responsible for keeping the forum clean:

Sorry, folks! Got a bit carried away. It's politics talk, ya know...

Maybe it's a matter of interest of some group that everyone think they can't?
    Theoretically they can, but many countries depend on that money US pays for its bases. Not only money, but trade preferences, investments, etc. Diplomats offer all kinds of betefits when they want a base on your territory and they're pointing out many 'disadvantages' of refusal. Local governments usually start seeing the point immediately. And sometimes they make an offer one cannot refuse. (c) Mario Puzo
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast