Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: North Korean strike timed?

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Tal View Post
    Perhaps except for the few countries that have no history to speak of.
    It's rather interesting you mention it again and again. If there's nothing to speak of, why to mention it so much?

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by sperk View Post
    1) That they US closed down it's military bases in Europe
    These countries are free to tell the US to leave, like Thailand and the Philippines did.
    I will write something about Misha's comment later, but briefly, since I am at work:

Okinawa -- - really wanted to get rid of US bases;
    Kyrgizstan --- wanted rid of them too.. but in the end they got an offer they "couldn't refuse" since it's such a poor country.
    South Korea --- demonstrations about it all the time... Let the Koreans sort out their own problems! Or let China/Japan/Russia mediate, i.e. neigbours.
    Germans --- mostly don't like it, but because of the War, they are reluctant to come out too strongly.
    Spain --- I've personally witnessed demonstrations against it; that's what first made me interested in the issue.

Only place I know that doesn't care, is the UK....

Some people believed they were needed during the Cold War... (But note: Scandinavia was doing just fine without it -- right next to the USSR, so I don't believe that was strictly true) Either way, that's not a valid concern anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    It's rather interesting you mention it again and again. If there's nothing to speak of, why to mention it so much?
    Whadya mean, again and again?! That's the first time I said anything like that around here!

But I can see your general point, and you're right. It's almost the same with all Iranians. Given the rotten state of our country, all that's left for us to be proud of is our past.

Mind you, UFO's don't exist either. People mention them again and again.
    EDIT: Oh right. I just remembered I'd said that stuff before. Can't help it.
    "If in the end, Misha, you are destined to lose this game, there is no need for the reason to be cowardice!"

EDIT: Oh right. I just remembered I'd said that stuff before. Can't help it.
    Thanks, I was just about to start copy-pasting stuff, but you were quicker.

Mind you, UFO's don't exist either. People mention them again and again.
    So, perhaps UFO does exist as well as that small country is worth mentioning?

But I can see your general point, and you're right. It's almost the same with all Iranians. Given the rotten state of our country, all that's left for us to be proud of is our past.
    I'm not so pessimistic. I know some Iranians and most of them are good and smart people. I believe in Iranian future. It's so happened that the Revolution made Iran kind of isolationist or, perhaps, the other side expands too aggressively, not sure. It's all subjective, I guess.

Hanna
    ...... and as a reward for going ahead with the totally un-necessary, and knowingly provocative military exercise on North Koreas border, South Korea is awarded with an awesome free-trade agreement with the US:
    Obama hails breakthrough on South Korea trade talks

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    ...... and as a reward for going ahead with the totally un-necessary, and knowingly provocative military exercise on North Koreas border, South Korea is awarded with an awesome free-trade agreement with the US
    Yes, yes, that was rather obvious right from the start. The omni-evil US was behind those outrageous attacks on peacefully working and sleeping N.Korea in which the land belongs to the peasants and the factories belong to the workers.

Send me a PM if you need me.

Hanna
    Oh cut it off Croc, I am not saying that North Korea is a great country in any way. But what's the point in provoking it on purpose? Who benefits, other than war hawks!

Nato has been known to *try* doing the same thing in relation to Russia; coming up with ridiculous "reasons" and justifications to having military exercises near Russias borders and missile bases in Poland etc etc.
    Do you think that's good too, or is it just North Korea that it is ok to provoke on purpose? That would be double standards!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345