Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Americans shocked: Soviet troops approach the countrys heart

Почётный участник
    Russia agreed to re-wording it in the first place, it was re-worded several times over the many years. The problem you have is that the US made the comment about Star wars in the early 80's and that freaked Russia out, due to the fact that military funds were low and they could no longer "keep up" therefore they were very concerned. So they came to the table many times challenging the wording and coming to conclusions up until 2001 which is about 18 years after the first statement of Star Wars. and about 19 years after the fact that Russia was found to have "started" the issue by building a radar station.

As far as I am concerned I dont care for the UN as well.
    See thats where alot of folks get it wrong too, that they believe all US citizens believe in one thing. That is not the truth, I dont personally care for the UN, but there is nothing I can personally do about it. And really nothing you can do. The fact of Yugoslavia is that many EU countries insisted that the US take part and the US finally gave in, and like in my previous posts they then get blamed for it.

As for the US "Searching" for reactors? Iran had agreements with the US for Nuclear technology. Where do you think they got it from? Russia? Iraq? how about France? They got it from the US, with the understanding that it would be used for power and there was certain rules etc..
    If you dont like the rules dont come to play.

Do you really know what is going on in Iran?

Go read up before making comments.

http://www.aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=10023

I found the Al Jazeera site so you wont come and tell me it is a Western article.

And maybe read up on some of the agreements that were made.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Why don't you guys disband UN completely at this point.
    Oh believe me Ramil, I'd love to get rid of the UN. It's nothing but an inflamed bureaucracy who claims to bring peace to the world, when in reality that isn't always the case. They don't solve problems, they just argue about it.

And whoever was posting about the blue on the US flag, I'm not sure what the color stands for but I think the blue rectangle symbolizes a battlefield where we fought the Revolutionary War.

Quote Originally Posted by Тоби
    Russia agreed to re-wording it in the first place, it was re-worded several times over the many years. The problem you have is that the US made the comment about Star wars in the early 80's and that freaked Russia out, due to the fact that military funds were low and they could no longer "keep up" therefore they were very concerned. So they came to the table many times challenging the wording and coming to conclusions up until 2001 which is about 18 years after the first statement of Star Wars. and about 19 years after the fact that Russia was found to have "started" the issue by building a radar station.
    "Re-wording" and termination are different terms don't you think?

As far as I am concerned I dont care for the UN as well.
    See thats where alot of folks get it wrong too, that they believe all US citizens believe in one thing. That is not the truth, I dont personally care for the UN, but there is nothing I can personally do about it. And really nothing you can do. The fact of Yugoslavia is that many EU countries insisted that the US take part and the US finally gave in, and like in my previous posts they then get blamed for it.
    And if EU countries would insist that US should transfer all of its population to Antarctica - will US go? So Europeans have had the US. How very clever of them

As for the US "Searching" for reactors? Iran had agreements with the US for Nuclear technology.
    My memory is not what it used to be. Could you remind me which particular agreement have you in mind? Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty maybe? Nations that have mastered nuclear techs will quit that treaty one by one as you will see. India did that, Pakistan did that, now Korea did that. And one more Israel (which had never ratified that treaty). Why Iran should be an exception? Why US don't search for Israel's nuclear weapons?

Where do you think they got it from? Russia? Iraq? how about France? They got it from the US, with the understanding that it would be used for power and there was certain rules etc..
    If you dont like the rules dont come to play.
    So US has been had for another time.

Do you really know what is going on in Iran?

I found the Al Jazeera site so you wont come and tell me it is a Western article.
    And maybe read up on some of the agreements that were made.[/quote]

As we saw with ABM treaty - treaties are subject to "re-wording"
    Iran wans nukes of its own - why not?
    USA made a perfect example on a number of countries what may happen if somebody tries to live without any advice from the White House. Considering this, each country would be more than willing to have means of defending itself in case US would think that "democratic ideals" require their military presence on its territory.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почётный участник
    I give up you win.

Властелин
    Don't start that same old song - "Don't blame us, it's all NATO's fault". We both know just who is de-facto in charge of NATO. We both know that US insisted and other NATO countries just don't argue, because big brother USA says so.
    And if that's so why there are still no NATO troops in Iraq? I'd like to see Belgians there, for one.

Властелин
    And if EU countries would insist that US should transfer all of its population to Antarctica - will US go? So Europeans have had the US. How very clever of them
    It certainly was. It was probably the right thing to do, but it was against American interests to participate, imo, they should have done it themselves. Would help their military get some practice, too.

And if that's so why there are still no NATO troops in Iraq? I'd like to see Belgians there, for one.
    Because some of them are already tired to step on this rake, called 'short victorious war for the triumph of democracy' again.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Because some of them are already tired to step on this rake, called 'short victorious war for the triumph of democracy' again.
    Can't blame them there
    it does not quite fit the picture of the 'big American brother' controlling NATO any way he likes though.

Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    Don't start that same old song - "Don't blame us, it's all NATO's fault". We both know just who is de-facto in charge of NATO. We both know that US insisted and other NATO countries just don't argue, because big brother USA says so.
    Iraqi oil fields will be taken by companies of the country whose soldiers are building democracy there. USA won't let anyone near them not even their NATO "allies".

Властелин
    Iraqi oil fields will be taken by companies of the country whose soldiers are building democracy there. USA won't let anyone near them not even their NATO "allies".
    You mean, Europeans were trying real hard to get in on the action, but GWB didn't let them?
    And you don't really think that the war was about *Iraqi* oil fields, do you?

Почтенный гражданин
    Why US don't search for Israel's nuclear weapons?
    Because Israel is our ally and they're less likely to blow up the world than Iran, because their government is not full of a bunch of radical Muslim nutcases.

Почтенный гражданин
    Geez guys how did we go from Georgia to the war in Iraq?

And for them also. Husein threated to sell oil for euros instead of dollars if UN sanctions were canselled. And now Iran gov is doing so(threating yet). In that case the Big Bubble called 'U.S.D' will make a loud 'CHPOCK' and will take US economy with it. That's why US wants UN sanctions against Iran so much. This is the REAL threat for America, not some ghostly nuclear bomb!
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by RusskiSlav
    Because Israel is our ally and they're less likely to blow up the world than Iran, because their government is not full of a bunch of radical Muslim nutcases.
    They have their own bunch of radical Jewish(sionist) nutcases.

You mean, Europeans were trying real hard to get in on the action, but GWB didn't let them?
    They didn't even care.

Of course not, it was about of the 'humiliation of human rights in Iraq'

Almost forgot: there supposed to be weapons of mass destruction in Iraq

Oh, one more thing - Iraq posed a direct threat to the security of the US nation.

Quote Originally Posted by RusskiSlav
    Because Israel is our ally and they're less likely to blow up the world than Iran,
    Who rolled that dice? I disagree.

because their government is not full of a bunch of radical Muslim nutcases.
    Who says so? Jews maybe? Islam is still legal, you know. Your lawyers have not yet managed to outlaw it.

Почтенный гражданин
    Uh, we weren't trying to outlaw it. And I was only talking about RADICAL Islam. I know not all Muslims are like Saddam.

Властелин
    Of course not, it was about of the 'humiliation of human rights in Iraq'

Almost forgot: there supposed to be weapons of mass destruction in Iraq

Oh, one more thing - Iraq posed a direct threat to the security of the US nation.
    Yeah, all of these these four explanations have one thing in common: they are false

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    And for them also. Husein threated to sell oil for euros instead of dollars if UN sanctions were canselled. And now Iran gov is doing so(threating yet). In that case the Big Bubble called 'U.S.D' will make a loud 'CHPOCK' and will take US economy with it. That's why US wants UN sanctions against Iran so much. This is the REAL threat for America, not some ghostly nuclear bomb!
    Ohhh come on. No one was about to cancel the sanctions. And even if it did happen somehow (although I can't possibly how exactly, as the US consent would be needed for such a step) there would be far easier ways to persuade Saddam to sell the oil for whatever we like.
    And, most importantly, no one cares what he'd sell his oil for, or how Iran is gonna sell theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Тоби

Did you even look at the source of this article? Did you even read it yourself? On the bottom it says: "Source: wikipedia.org"
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast