Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Somebody kind (and patient) enough to translate this?

  1. #1
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    10

    Somebody kind (and patient) enough to translate this?


  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    Who is this? )) Kurnikova/Sharapova? :)))

  3. #3
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    10
    Sharapova

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    She is just explaining how she played. Her feelings about her opponent's trauma and how important it was for her win, bla bla bla...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    She is just explaining how she played. Her feelings about her opponent's trauma and how important it was for her win, bla bla bla...
    But the real question is whether or not there were any grunts in there.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

    or
    АААХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХХ ХХ!!!!
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?
    После того как живешь за границей много времени, то появляется акцент хоть какой-то по-любому %) Кто на записи видимо уже много времени там :о)

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?
    I don't know for a fact, but it would make sense, seeing as she left when she was like 5, 6, or 7 I think? So it would seem logical that she speaks Russian как Флориданка!
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?
    I don't know for a fact, but it would make sense, seeing as she left when she was like 5, 6, or 7 I think? So it would seem logical that she speaks Russian как Флориданка!
    Что за флориданка?

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?
    I don't know for a fact, but it would make sense, seeing as she left when she was like 5, 6, or 7 I think? So it would seem logical that she speaks Russian как Флориданка!
    Что за флориданка?
    Житель американского штата Флорида.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  11. #11
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Maybe флоридушка?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  12. #12
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,627
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?
    I don't know for a fact, but it would make sense, seeing as she left when she was like 5, 6, or 7 I think? So it would seem logical that she speaks Russian как Флориданка!
    Да, ей было 7. Я удивляюсь, что она по-русски так неплохо говорит.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  13. #13
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?
    I don't know for a fact, but it would make sense, seeing as she left when she was like 5, 6, or 7 I think? So it would seem logical that she speaks Russian как Флориданка!
    Что за флориданка?
    Житель американского штата Флорида.
    но по-русски так не говорят - "флориданец"

  14. #14
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    She still speaks English with an accent though.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  15. #15
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Somebody kind (and patient) enough to translate this?

    Quote Originally Posted by mashamania
    http://www.wtatour.ru/media/ms-iw.asf

    Thanks!
    I am not that strong in English, but here is my attempt:

    Reporter: What feelings do you have after it? How did you play?
    She answers: Perhaps my main feeling is that I started very well, I served well. I served her the second serving, and I guess she felt that in the second set. There was a strong fight, and after I took her serving I won the set.
    R: Your previous meeting finished not so successfully for her - she got the enjury. And for you - you said, that you don't feel that you won those match. Was it important for you to play better that time?
    S: Yes of course it was very important to rise up my level, but I didn't think about the past match, I only thought about how to play today, because when I played with her in the last time, my level of play was very low.
    R: It's only your fourth tournament in this Season - are you satisfied by your progress?
    S: Yes physically I'm feeling good - that's the most important. I think it's all right with the health and it seems to me I play better and better.
    R: if to value your current condition, your traumas which were healed in the middle of the Seasons - is it 100%? 90%? 80%? - how do you value it?
    S: Well apparently I am not the whole 100% - here my arm doesn't work on 100%. I feel it because during the last evening matches at seven o'clock I played here and it was cold and thus the arm is a bit aching. But not that hard as it was in the last year. I hope that that will be better tomorrow -I'll rest and it will go away.
    R: Last 1,5 years you played very stable, you have never lost on early rounds - you have 1/4 of final, 1/2 of final and wins. But your fans are waiting for the next victory. Can you suspect or promise (I surelly understand that you can't promise)...but what can be expected in reality? In what period should we expect the victory?
    S: Well I think that the stability isn't so bad too. Better lose in 1/2 of final or in the final, than to lose in the first round. And surelly I wont to win on many tournaments, but I look at it "with open eyes". I think that in the future I will have a lot of such moments when I will win, but now if I lose in 1/2 of final I will be very happy (anyway).
    R: You are 18 years old for one more month. How do you think, do your fans...
    S: I am already old!
    R: ...do your fans and rivals forget time to time how young you are?
    S: I think yes. Yes at times, because, as you said, stability is a very important thing, and the fact that I am still 18 years old, be 19 soon...I think this fact gets better (makes better? - she said something odd)
    Я так думаю.

  16. #16
    Властелин
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    french camp
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Is it true Sharapova speaks Russian with a foreign accent?
    I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who would swear that she speaks with a strong accent. People get all kinds of weird ideas over anything, particularly when they are already biased by preexisting knowledge. Everyone wants to be a Professor Higgins. I say, if a well controlled experiment is done, and she is put in a line-up somewhere in Russia with other participants from all over the country, I seriously doubt the results will be conclusive.

    Another thing is that she does not always build her sentences properly, but that could happen to anyone in a live interview, particularly if you are not used to giving public speeches. Even the interviewer messed up a few times.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

  17. #17
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,437
    Rep Power
    12
    Listen to adoc, he speaks the Truth. She has no foreign accent at all.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

  18. #18
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Even the interviewer messed up a few times.
    Strange. Is it just because of her?
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  19. #19
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Somebody kind (and patient) enough to translate this?

    Thanks all!

    Interesting point Adoc. I have always found it odd that the one who first commented that Sharapova had a funny accent speaking Russian was a tennis rival of hers (speaking to the western media who don't speak Russian and couldn't possibly verify) and who had publicly spoken out about her dislike of Maria.

    Special thanks to Leof!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leof
    Quote Originally Posted by mashamania
    http://www.wtatour.ru/media/ms-iw.asf

    Thanks!
    I am not that strong in English, but here is my attempt:

    Reporter: What feelings do you have after it? How did you play?
    She answers: Perhaps my main feeling is that I started very well, I served well. I served her the second serving, and I guess she felt that in the second set. There was a strong fight, and after I took her serving I won the set.
    R: Your previous meeting finished not so successfully for her - she got the enjury. And for you - you said, that you don't feel that you won those match. Was it important for you to play better that time?
    S: Yes of course it was very important to rise up my level, but I didn't think about the past match, I only thought about how to play today, because when I played with her in the last time, my level of play was very low.
    R: It's only your fourth tournament in this Season - are you satisfied by your progress?
    S: Yes physically I'm feeling good - that's the most important. I think it's all right with the health and it seems to me I play better and better.
    R: if to value your current condition, your traumas which were healed in the middle of the Seasons - is it 100%? 90%? 80%? - how do you value it?
    S: Well apparently I am not the whole 100% - here my arm doesn't work on 100%. I feel it because during the last evening matches at seven o'clock I played here and it was cold and thus the arm is a bit aching. But not that hard as it was in the last year. I hope that that will be better tomorrow -I'll rest and it will go away.
    R: Last 1,5 years you played very stable, you have never lost on early rounds - you have 1/4 of final, 1/2 of final and wins. But your fans are waiting for the next victory. Can you suspect or promise (I surelly understand that you can't promise)...but what can be expected in reality? In what period should we expect the victory?
    S: Well I think that the stability isn't so bad too. Better lose in 1/2 of final or in the final, than to lose in the first round. And surelly I wont to win on many tournaments, but I look at it "with open eyes". I think that in the future I will have a lot of such moments when I will win, but now if I lose in 1/2 of final I will be very happy (anyway).
    R: You are 18 years old for one more month. How do you think, do your fans...
    S: I am already old!
    R: ...do your fans and rivals forget time to time how young you are?
    S: I think yes. Yes at times, because, as you said, stability is a very important thing, and the fact that I am still 18 years old, be 19 soon...I think this fact gets better (makes better? - she said something odd)

  20. #20
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Leof rocks, like usual!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Similar Threads

  1. Would someone be kind enough to translate please
    By ang12el in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
  2. What kind of words are these?
    By sperk in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 10th, 2007, 08:22 AM
  3. Need THAT kind of help again :)
    By translationsnmru in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 14th, 2006, 07:03 AM
  4. :!: Another kind of corrections
    By Gordon Freeman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
  5. what kind of alcohol ?
    By haloboy84 in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 20th, 2005, 12:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary