Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: quick translation

  1. #1
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    quick translation

    Грусть мою с тоскою не за что с тобой не разделю, всю её себе оставлю!

    thanks

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mowcow, Russia
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: quick translation

    Quote Originally Posted by maxima00se
    Грусть мою с тоскою ни за что с тобой не разделю, всю её себе оставлю!

    thanks
    Literally, it means "No way I am going to share my sadness/blues with you, I'll leave it all for myself". However, "no way" sounds much more colloquial than the Russian phrase and doesn't match the style of this sentence. Perhaps it would be better to say "I will never share my blues with you..." etc.

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South Texas, US
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: quick translation

    Quote Originally Posted by maxima00se
    Грусть мою с тоскою не за что с тобой не разделю, всю её себе оставлю!

    thanks
    I will not share my sadness and melancholy with you, I will keep it all for myself.
    It is very odd, though.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mowcow, Russia
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: quick translation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milanya
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima00se
    Грусть мою с тоскою не за что с тобой не разделю, всю её себе оставлю!

    thanks
    I will not share my sadness and melancholy with you, I will keep it all for myself.
    It is very odd, though.
    It doesn't sound so odd if you realize that this is a line from a song .

    Word order is often different in poetry than in normal speach.

  5. #5
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South Texas, US
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: quick translation

    Quote Originally Posted by translations.nm.ru
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanya
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima00se
    Грусть мою с тоскою не за что с тобой не разделю, всю её себе оставлю!

    thanks
    I will not share my sadness and melancholy with you, I will keep it all for myself.
    It is very odd, though.
    It doesn't sound so odd if you realize that this is a line from a song .

    Word order is often different in poetry than in normal speach.
    Дело не в порядке слов, а в смысле высказывания. Но если это из песни, тогда, конечно, смысла не нужно.

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mowcow, Russia
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: quick translation

    Дело не в порядке слов, а в смысле высказывания. Но если это из песни, тогда, конечно, смысла не нужно.

    А со смыслом-то что не так? Тут как раз всё в порядке. "Я не собираюсь грузить тебя своими проблемами." Смысл совершенно очевиден.

Similar Threads

  1. quick translation
    By shadow1 in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: August 30th, 2007, 06:29 PM
  2. Quick translation please
    By Kris C in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: December 21st, 2005, 04:09 PM
  3. Quick translation...I think
    By Guitari609 in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 17th, 2005, 12:40 AM
  4. quick translation
    By kwatts59 in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 15th, 2005, 08:15 PM
  5. quick translation
    By smallvillefreak in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 13th, 2004, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary