Thread: Completing my audio-text

Laurens

Completing my audio-text

Hi to all of you! I have been following this site for quite a while now and I find it one of the best resources for learning russian online. So now I've been playing this game, STALKER (the latest released title). As I'm learning the language I discovered that I understand more and more of (some of) the texts and phrases spoken in the game. It's actually like the pieces of a puzzle coming together part by part and I finally understand what some of those guys were talking about. (great, isn't it? )

Anyway, I have extracted a gamefile and placed it online so that you could help me decypher the last words I don't understand! http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...ase-2-mp3.html
    I have already managed to find these words:

всем (does this exist?) кто меня слышать, выброс вот 1) астнёца срочный 2) щите надёждем 3) без еше.....

That makes absolutely no sense! I know. But hey I'm close. I already know he's talking about "To all who are listening to me, there is an emission blabla urgently blabla hope?? blabla.

I am trying to decypher the marked russian words but I can't understand it quite well. From the context of the game, he's warning everybody to get shelter because there is an emission of radiation. My vocabulary isn't that good but I analised the sound and I came up with this:

1) I suspect that it means "has begun". I noticed the ending of the word sounds like ...cя, so that could be right. (reflexive suffix, so it was caused by itself?) The emission... started?
    2) s h i t y e ==> no Idea!
    3) I keep hearing "без", meaning "without", added to another word mostly means the opposite. No clue what it might be.

Also the "hope" part might be wrong... or everything might be. Perhaps somebody might be able to help me with this. Thanks a lot!

Завсегдатай

Re: Completing my audio-text

Всем кто меня слышит: выброс вот-вот начнётся. Срочно ищите надёжное убежище.
    To all who hear me: the emission is about to begin. Find a reliable shelter ASAP.

Laurens

Quote Originally Posted by translationsnmru
    Всем кто меня слышит: выброс вот-вот начнётся. Срочно ищите надёжное убежище.
    To all who hear me: the emission is about to begin. Find a reliable shelter ASAP.
    Aaahhh of course! I should have known начнётся and ищите because I already know the basic forms of those verbs.
    It's the fast pronunciation that made it hard to understand. (следуюший раз не так быстро пожалуйста) Thanks for helping out!

Does "вот-вот" have any special meaning or is it just a way of indicating that there is some kind of urgency in this situation?

Почтенный гражданин

вот-вот means something like "any moment now..." or "just about to..." or "just on the verge of..."
    If I was kiddin' you, I'd be wearin' a fez and no pants. (Lennie Briscoe)

Laurens

Thank you for your explanation. Much appreciated.

Подающий надежды оратор

Laurens

Quote Originally Posted by vKahovsky
    http://www.stalker-book.com
    Hi, great site! Thanks for the reference. I'll get back to that, once my understanding of the Russian language has improved.