Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars

Почтенный гражданин
    Nerds
    Call to a hardware store: "I'm sure you know more about the caulk than I do...tell me...is there a taste to the caulk?".

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoonMonst3r
    Nerds
    I am actually a "geek". I know, you might be wondering what the difference between a nerd and a geek is. Well, as a geek, I can get away with charging $200 an hour for my knowledge.
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom605
    [I know, you might be wondering what the difference between a nerd and a geek is. Well, as a geek, I can get away with charging $200 an hour for my knowledge.
    -Fantom
    Find your inner Bart!

Почётный участник
    Leah helps establish the New Republic...and her and Han's children play huge roles in the new jedi order storyline ^_^

Подающий надежды оратор
    The bottom line is if you haven't seen the movie yet don't waste your money. It was very disappointing. Did anyone else think Vader was more like frankenstein?

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoladni Grom
    The bottom line is if you haven't seen the movie yet don't waste your money. It was very disappointing. Did anyone else think Vader was more like frankenstein?
    Fire.... BAAAAAADDDD!!!!! Dark side of Force.... GOOOOODDDDD!!! Aaaaarrrhhhhghhh!

...couldn't resist!

-Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Подающий надежды оратор
    :P

Новичок
    Vader does look like a monster... All because of that lava

din
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    Come on guys...Star Wars III was great! I though it was way better than 1 and 2!!
    that's like the blurb on the jacket of kickboxer 2 that says that it's even better than kickboxer.

Увлечённый спикер
    It was definitely better than the first 2 (I assume so; I don't really remember that much). But yeah, a better, more patient director could have made the movie fabulous - the story was there, but the filler..ohhh the filler. Unfortunately Lucas doesn't care what people think about his movies - he said so himself. It was rumored that he gave the actors about 5 minutes to practice a scene, and then gave them 2 takes max to do it right. And considering what they ended up with...yeesh. I've seen Natalie Portman in other films and she's a very good actress, so the stuff in this movie must have been, uh, hard to work with. "Hold me Ani...Hold me like you did on Naboo..Before politics blah blah" give me a break. Anyways, i have to admit I was moves with sadness at the end, considering the tragedy of it all....And it was exciting to see the opening Star Wars credits, since even though I was raised on the star wars videos, I never got to see it in the theater...

I'd say it's worth seeing. I've gotten so many mixed opinions on it. But it absolutely does not have the feel and depth of the originals.

P.S. George Lucas just signed on to produce some sort of live-action Star Wars TV series...God help us

Подающий надежды оратор
    I am a big Star Wars fan. But I do agree Lucas is almost more a brilliant marketing expert.

Indeed the first episodes were too difficult to make in the 70s, but the real mystery he saved was ofcourse the change of Anakin. The movie made a big impact on me, but it was disappointing that what we waited 30 years for, was happening in less than 30 minutes.

All I can say, there was something missing or to movie was too short to my idea. But on the other hand it was not too short. What I mean to say is, Anakin had this tendency to fall to the dark side, but also he had something in the movie very clearly that he was with the Jedi's, but all of a sudden .... I wont tell here, because people have to see the movie.

Mandy

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I know what you're saying, Mandy. I felt the same way. I thought that Anakin was a bit of a weiner anyway, perhaps it was poor casting for the part, too.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почётный участник
    I thought it was awesome! It's a shame that this is the last one

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I have heard that Lucas will license others to make more!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Старший оракул
    I sat in a cinema with some annoying commentators (2 boys and 2 girls, with some smuggled beer, I suspect). But they were annoying only at first time. Some of they comments were quite adequate... and may be fun... well when Skywalker has this dull "love talk" with the princess (whatever she was called, I don't remember for now), she goes like:"We'll have a baby..."
    and the comments: "WHAT? Right NOW?!" Another voice goes: "But I've been at the military service for 2 years..."
    Then they discussed why in the distant future they didn't know there would be 2 babies instead of 1... and so on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12