Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Старший оракул

Star Wars

Has anyone seen Star Wars Episode III yet? I just got from seeing it and it ROCKED. I suggest that you all see it.

Почтенный гражданин
    I'm not a star wars fan but saw it because I was stupid enough to see the last 2, and couldnt just end there. Thought most of it was pretty cheesy. Especially every scene between natalie portman and hayden christiansen.

George Lucas just wants to make a ton of money. Do you honestly believe he had this storyline of the newer ones thought out before the original 3?

Властелин
    Did you like the second? I was just so disappointed in the second one, that I wasn't going to go see the third. CGI alone does not do it for me.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Почтенный гражданин
    Dont really remember too much of it to be honest, so i guess it wasnt too memorable.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by drew881

George Lucas just wants to make a ton of money. Do you honestly believe he had this storyline of the newer ones thought out before the original 3?
    Weren't the books in order, though? I thought he didn't want to do the first three first because he wanted "special effects" to be better before they made them. I'm not sure, though, that's what I heard. I haven't read the books, or seen 3 - 6, I'm not into them at all...
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Властелин
    There were books? I thought the movies had original scripts before they were shot.

Почётный участник
    the Star Wars storyline itself(not scripts) has been there since the begining, and it is a MASSIVE storyline... you should read into the future of star wars in the Expanded Universe or New Jedi Order book sagas!

Почтенный гражданин
    jedi order book, or jedi book order, the latter being more money for lucas

Почтенный гражданин
    I've seen it in original. Here's my impressions from my LJ (sorry for Russian). Note: Сковородкер = Skywalker, it isn't Russian transcription of his name, it's just funny alteration.
    Quote Originally Posted by I
    Вчера посмотрел (в оригинале). Сразу бросается в глаза несколько вещей:
    1. Язык очень простой. Я все понял с первого раза.
    2. R2D2 апгрейдили. Теперь он не просто ездит, а еще и прыгает, летает, ссыт горючим на врагов и имеет манипулятор, весьма сильно похожий на руку. Особенно забавно на все это смотреть, зная, что в следующих эпизодах он снова станет ведром на колесиках ))
    3. Сковородкер -- полный кретин. Раньше он был умнее. Видимо, джедайская школа действует (см. заметки Лукьяненко по этому поводу).
    4. Дуку облажался слишком ненатурально.
    5. Падме стала уродиной. Может быть, поэтому у Сковородкера случился этот нервный срыв и заскок по фазе?
    6. Йода как всегда на высоте. Я этого маленького хмырика обожаю! ))
    7. Остальные великие джедаи тоже облажались слишком ненатурально. Раньше у них даже падаваны целые армии в одиночку мочили...
    8. Сковородкер -- полный кретин. Черт, я это уже говорил
    В общем, посмотрел с интересом, но сильно не впечатлился. Как-то все мелочно, что ли...
    My English isn't so good, зато с русским все в порядке ))
    I'll be very thankful, if you correct my mistakes.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    There were books? I thought the movies had original scripts before they were shot.
    Yeah, there were nine books in all. Word on the street is that Lucas won't do episodes 7 - 9 in a cinematic format...
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

I just came back from seeing Episode III. Jeez, what a disappointment. Plot? Acting? As if the actors didn't give a hoot what they were doing. Great graphics though!

I think that the first one (1977) was the pinnacle and it's been more or less downhill (this last one was better than the previous 2) all the way. despite the advances in technology.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Back in 1977 it was reported that there were 9 Star Wars episodes. At that time Lucas was not sure how many he would be able to make. Episodes 7, 8 , & 9 begin after "The Retun of the Jedi" and should bring Princess Lea in to be a Jedi Knight, I think. From the sound of things, I don't think that these episodes will ever be made into film.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Властелин
    Hey, why not? With all the criticisms the late installments are amazingly profitable. A lot of people like them and there are hundreds of mils to be made.

By then Leia and Luke will be 100% computer generated and move like those graceful ballerina dinosaurs on Discovery channel. No directing will be required. I'll be pulling my hair out and beg for Jar Jar Binks to come back.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    I'll be pulling my hair out and beg for Jar Jar Binks to come back.
    The thought of Jar Jar actually existing is what lead OJ to kill Nicole.
    -Fantom

Почтенный гражданин
    Come on guys...Star Wars III was great! I though it was way better than 1 and 2!!

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    Come on guys...Star Wars III was great! I though it was way better than 1 and 2!!
    Blimey, nerd alert!!
    Just joking, Biancca. I might actually go see the third one against my better judgement today, I guess seeing how Anakin turns to the dark side of the force wouldn't be all that bad...
    -Fantom

Почётный участник
    There were and are far more than 9 books, there were originally 9 *episodes*(movies/timeperiods) that lucas wanted to do, but he no longer wants to do episodes 7,8, & 9.....

The New Jedi Order//Expanded Universe books continue the story after episode 6...as the title of the saga hints they are about the time period in which Luke is/has established a New Jedi Order... although sorry to say DDT Leah never becomes a Jedi Knight(although she does practice *some* with the force .. but overall she really doesn't develop any skills).

Despite Lucas not wanting to continue making episodes there is word on the street/internet that he will be letting some other producers(under the tight grip of Lucas Studios) make another prequel to all of the episodes,which would take place during the time period when the Sith Lords ruled the galaxy(and there were MANY MANY Sith at this time) and during their fall from power. Also, episodes 7,8,9 might be allowed to be made by someone besides lucas(under the control of lucas studios of course) and the rumors are completely using CGI.

--Peace
    ---Your Neighborhood Star Wars Geek

Подающий надежды оратор

Lucas might have dreamed of making 9 episodes someday but really there were only 3 (in 1977). It started out as one long script which eventually had to be tuned down to 3 separate episodes (not really knowing at first whether he'd get to make the other 2). No prequel scripts were made way back then. I think that's pretty obvious when you compare the two trilogies and see how terribly different they are.

Ep3 was good but it was by no means great.

I think that most of the bantom/delray books are better than the prequal trilogy. The New Jedi Order is fairly entertaining.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Can anyone tell me what was meant by Yoda's remark about Luke Skywalker not being their last hope but Princess Leah? What is it that she was to accomplish?
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Can anyone tell me what was meant by Yoda's remark about Luke Skywalker not being their last hope but Princess Leah? What is it that she was to accomplish?
    A bunch of dudes can't successfully breed together!
    -Fantom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast