View Poll Results: Do you find it offensive?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a female - Yes it is offensive

8 17.78%
  • I am a female - It doesn't bother me

6 13.33%
  • I am a female - No it isn't offensive

6 13.33%
  • I am a male - Yes it is offensive

4 8.89%
  • I am a male - It doesn't bother me

9 20.00%
  • I am a male - No it is not offensive

12 26.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sexism - Don't be a woman!

Старший оракул
    Phew, things are getting stirred up.
    Let's clear the situation right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danisty
    Now jokes, they are fine.
    Actually, it was a joke. Didn't you notice the smiley? Well, maybe not a very good one but still a joke. I'm sorry. I hoped everybody on this forum had a sense of humour. How naive of me.
    Okay, sorry for irritating.
    I am very interested in martial arts.
    Nothing too bad about this if you are just developing your body, maintaining fitness, improving health and coordination etc. But when you are fighting on the ring, now that's stupid in my opinion. Of course, that also applies to men, but I think women smashing each others faces... well, that's even more stupid.
    Is there such a thing as an unnatural physical activity?
    Yes, there is - that's my opinion, my sense of this world. No, there isn't - that's your opinion. Fine. I propose to end speculating about naturality and unnaturality here.
    Honestly, why do you care?
    Well, I'm not getting bad sleep because of this. That's you, women, that should worry about this. Okay, you may beat the cr@p out of each other if you want. I won't interfere. I just stated my opinion, that's all.
    If you don't find women who box attractive, then find another woman and don't worry about it. I promise there's a man out there who finds it very appealing.
    Fine, no problem.
    It is something else to tell a woman that she becomes a man because she enjoys certain activities that men historically have enjoyed.
    It was a joke and basically that phrase equals something like "Don't be a man, don't fight on the ring" which in its turn equals something like "Ah, come on mate, don't be a woman. It'll be fun!" which is the example the author of this topic gave us and which you don't find offensive
    There is a difference between asking for respect and asking you to share my opinion.
    What do you mean? I didn't ask anybody to share my opinion.

P.S. Don't worry, be happy!
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

Новичок
    I'm not worried or unhappy. Your joke was lost on me, but for that, I will blame the smiley because it does look a bit malicious.

As I said I don't have a problem with anyone's opinions. In fact, I don't even have a problem with anyone expressing those opinions. Yet, it was asked here if certain opinions were offensive and I answered honestly. Thankfully, you and I don't really have anything to worry about since the severity of your opinion was a joke and not serious.

First of all, I can hardly understand how one can dislike somebody but respect him/her. And then, why does he have to respect you? Or me? Or someone else? You sound like you want to force him to respect you. It just not possible. You can shut him up. And that's what society does right now. And that's what I don't like about it.
    Nobody has to respect me. They just must understand that if they don't respect me, they are not particularly likely to be respected in return. If this is a matter of cultural difference, then I think it should only be right to agree to disagree or to work through the differences in some way. My point is not that actions should be suppressed, but that actions will result in reactions, which will further result in reactions. I simply think people need to be aware of that. As for myself, there are many people that I don't like, yet still respect. One such example is my father-in-law.

Завсегдатай
    Nothing too bad about this if you are just developing your body, maintaining fitness, improving health and coordination etc. But when you are fighting on the ring, now that's stupid in my opinion. Of course, that also applies to men, but I think women smashing each others faces... well, that's even more stupid.
    Erm, it's human nature to fight, and boxing is a safe way of doing it. Why shouldn't women like to smash someone's face in?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Erm, it's human nature to fight, and boxing is a safe way of doing it. Why shouldn't women like to smash someone's face in?
    Are you sure it's human nature?
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Women do not generally have a propensity for "smashing people's faces in". That is just a feminist fantasy used to indoctrinate pubescent girls into their club. Women do generally have a propensity, however, for protecting and nurturing life!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Women do not generally have a propensity for "smashing people's faces in". That is just a feminist fantasy used to indoctrinate pubescent girls into their club. Women do generally have a propensity, however, for protecting and nurturing life!
    Amen!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    The whole point is that these are sweeping generalizations. It may be true for many that smashing other people's faces in is not a female propensity. On the other hand, protecting and nurturing life is not something that all women have a propensity for either.

Jon
    Увлечённый спикер
    In this complex world we need sweeping generalizations to simplify everything again, so men go sit in your chair, grab the remote control to watch bloodlust I - XVII and have your wife bring you the popcorn and beer (in Russia, of course, Vodka...yep another sweeping generalization). It'll be a win-win situation for everyone and your wife will love you for it. Finally a man to rely on again !

Властелин
    Fractured bleeding nose is the new black.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234