View Poll Results: Do you find it offensive?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a female - Yes it is offensive

8 17.78%
  • I am a female - It doesn't bother me

6 13.33%
  • I am a female - No it isn't offensive

6 13.33%
  • I am a male - Yes it is offensive

4 8.89%
  • I am a male - It doesn't bother me

9 20.00%
  • I am a male - No it is not offensive

12 26.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sexism - Don't be a woman!

Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah I have. My mothers parks cars extremely well actually. And I don
    blame Canada

Почтенный гражданин
    Like within many other movements, there are feminists who have become extremely embittered and crazy. I'm talking about the people who loathe men, and beleive them to be the root of all evil. The ones who say that Martha Stewart was targeted because she is a woman. The ones who think that, at least in some way, I am responsible for the oppression of women that has gone on for thousands of years.

I think these are the types that Rtyom was talking about... and i'd have to agree - many of these people harbor just as much hate for other people as they claim has been affected upon them.

tdk

Властелин
    [quote=Kamion]
    And feminism isn
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Почтенный гражданин
    Feminism is NOT the opposite of discrimnation. Almost every good thing is taken too far by someone, and 'feminist' generally refers to a women's rights WACKO that has taken it way to far. In America (and I assume most other developed countries) women already have equal rights, both in written law and in actual practice. There is nothing left to fight for, the usefulness of feminists is past. I suppose they should work to maintain their equal rights, but to claim they don't already have equal rights is absurd. Certainly sexists are still out there but most of them that I encounter are old men with very little power or influence and their ideas will die when they do. Sexism and racism are about the same thing to me and both are born out of the stupidity and arrogance of people. It makes me embarrased to be a white male sometimes.

Pointless edit: What the deal with women wanting careers? If I had a choice between working and not I would certainly choose NOT. I enjoy my job very much but I am only here for the money. I do not need a career to feel 'fulfilled'.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I am sorry everyone but it is I who is responsible here for all of Womens unhappiness and their mistakenly placed needs in order to feel "fulfilled".

You see, it is most obviously me that they all want and need and clamour for but since there is just not enough of me to go around most women will just have to suffice themselves with extreme shopping expeditions, make-overs and male bashing.

I apologize for this inconvenience and will try to in future spred myself a little more deeply and evenly amongst the ladies.

Ta Ta For Now.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Властелин
    Хочу я всех мочалок застебать
    Нажав ногой своей на мощный фуз

Борис Гребещиков

Старший оракул
    Speaking about feminism, I perceive women boxing, karate, football, basketball and such as sheer stupidity

P.S. Борис Гребенщиков
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim84
    Speaking about feminism, I perceive women boxing, karate, football, basketball and such as sheer stupidity
    Why do you care? If the girls want to play those kind of sports, let them have fun!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Why do you care? If the girls want to play those kind of sports, let them have fun!
    Eah! And we'll let you enjoy synchronized swimming and ballroom dancing!
    Find your inner Bart!

Властелин
    And the dance of the hairy-legged cygnets

Почтенный гражданин
    Personnaly I think boxing, karate, football and basketball are stupid in general. If someone is going to engage in these stupid activites I certainly don't care what gender they are. Everyone should have to play banjos and work on BMWs and shoot rifles. Why? Because I do, and whats good for me is good for everyone else, right?

P.S. I think DDT has the solution. What else could it be?

Старший оракул
    Well, I don't forbid them to play those kinds of sports but it's not natural for women to engage in such activity.

And the dance of the hairy-legged cygnets
    Yeah, I don't respect male ballet dancers, those girly men :P

lol, what activity is not natural for a woman to do? What do you mean by natural? Baskeball isn't 'natural' for any living organism to have on its activity list...

You don't respect male ballet dancers? Even on the ice-skating rink?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин flowforever's Avatar
    lol, what activity is not natural for a woman to do?
    sumo
    Придёт весна и мы раскроем окна..
    Айда на встречу друг другу!
    Придёт весна и яркое солнце
    Растопит лёд старых обид глупых.

Властелин
    male dancers? That's practically indecent.

Старший оракул
    lol, what activity is not natural for a woman to do? What do you mean by natural? Baskeball isn't 'natural' for any living organism to have on its activity list...
    Don't you really understand me? I mean such physical activities aren't natural for women. Especially fighting.
    When a woman fights another woman, she stops being a woman and becomes a man

Well, basically you are right. But I especially disrespect male ballet dancers Like Rudolf Nuriev, Kolya Tsiskaridze and such

P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowforever
    sumo

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne
    Feminism is NOT the opposite of discrimnation. Almost every good thing is taken too far by someone, and 'feminist' generally refers to a women's rights WACKO that has taken it way to far. In America (and I assume most other developed countries) women already have equal rights, both in written law and in actual practice. There is nothing left to fight for, the usefulness of feminists is past. I suppose they should work to maintain their equal rights, but to claim they don't already have equal rights is absurd. Certainly sexists are still out there but most of them that I encounter are old men with very little power or influence and their ideas will die when they do. Sexism and racism are about the same thing to me and both are born out of the stupidity and arrogance of people. It makes me embarrased to be a white male sometimes.

Pointless edit: What the deal with women wanting careers? If I had a choice between working and not I would certainly choose NOT. I enjoy my job very much but I am only here for the money. I do not need a career to feel 'fulfilled'.
    As an American female, I agree 100% with what you've said here. I don't consider myself a feminist for these very reasons. Sure, I believe in equal rights. In fact, much to Vadim84's dismay, I am very interested in martial arts. I don't believe in such strict guidelines on gender. I have the utmost respect for female boxers and male ballet dancers. The fact is though that feminism has turned into a joke and means for women to discriminate against men.

Don't you really understand me? I mean such physical activities aren't natural for women. Especially fighting.
    This is probably the first offensive post I have seen in this thread or on this forum. Is there such a thing as an unnatural physical activity? If one can do the activity, how unnatural can it be? Honestly, why do you care? If you don't find women who box attractive, then find another woman and don't worry about it. I promise there's a man out there who finds it very appealing. Trust me, it takes a lot more than enjoying physical sports and activities to be a man.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Danisty
    This is probably the first offensive post I have seen in this thread or on this forum. Is there such a thing as an unnatural physical activity? If one can do the activity, how unnatural can it be? Honestly, why do you care? If you don't find women who box attractive, then find another woman and don't worry about it. I promise there's a man out there who finds it very appealing. Trust me, it takes a lot more than enjoying physical sports and activities to be a man.
    Here is the problem this thread is all about. You sound like Vadim84 has to respect female boxers and male ballet dancers. Because to do otherwise is not politically correct.

You obviously don't have an experience of living in Soviet Union. I do. And you know what? It "smells" way too familiar. Unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong: I personally couldn't care less about female boxers and male ballet dancers. But I don't like when everybody knows what opinion I should and what I should not have about certain things.

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    Here is the problem this thread is all about. You sound like Vadim84 has to respect female boxers and male ballet dancers. Because to do otherwise is not politically correct.

You obviously don't have an experience of living in Soviet Union. I do. And you know what? It "smells" way too familiar. Unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong: I personally couldn't care less about female boxers and male ballet dancers. But I don't like when everybody knows what opinion I should and what I should not have about certain things.
    I think the problem here may just be that you misunderstand my intentions and the intentions of people like myself. It is one thing to dislike. It is something else to tell a woman that she becomes a man because she enjoys certain activities that men historically have enjoyed. Women who like to fight are still women. They still think like women and for the most part they still act like women when they aren't fighting. They still enjoy being treated like women. The lines are much more blurred in other places and we most definitely do find it offensive if someone seriously believes that just because some women like martial arts and such that we are not real women. On the same token, I respect that some women very much prefer to do traditionally feminine activities. There is a difference between asking for respect and asking you to share my opinion. I don't honestly care if any of you find me or any other woman attractive. I do expect though that you do not insult me. Now jokes, they are fine. But you are never going to find people who are happy to be disrespected.

Почтенный гражданин
    I think the problem here may just be that you misunderstand my intentions and the intentions of people like myself. It is one thing to dislike. It is something else to tell a woman that she becomes a man because she enjoys certain activities that men historically have enjoyed. Women who like to fight are still women. They still think like women and for the most part they still act like women when they aren't fighting. They still enjoy being treated like women. The lines are much more blurred in other places and we most definitely do find it offensive if someone seriously believes that just because some women like martial arts and such that we are not real women. On the same token, I respect that some women very much prefer to do traditionally feminine activities. There is a difference between asking for respect and asking you to share my opinion. I don't honestly care if any of you find me or any other woman attractive. I do expect though that you do not insult me. Now jokes, they are fine. But you are never going to find people who are happy to be disrespected.
    First of all, I can hardly understand how one can dislike somebody but respect him/her. And then, why does he have to respect you? Or me? Or someone else? You sound like you want to force him to respect you. It just not possible. You can shut him up. And that's what society does right now. And that's what I don't like about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast