Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russian spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Полуношник View Post
    It should be "Шши да каша пишшя наша" because щ represents a double soft ш. I vote for щ.
    Пошуношник: Talking about Russian spelling, your username is misspelled.
    It should be полуночник http://gramota.ru/slovari/dic/?word=...EE%F7%ED%E8%EA
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

Marcus, I'm not sure of the first word (it sounded to me like рош), but I understood праздник and исчез.

P.S. Okay, I looked in my Russian dictionary for a hint at what the first word might be, and I'm guessing that it's рожь. (A word I recognize, but one that I seldom have reason to use!)
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Marcus, I'm not sure of the first word (it sounded to me like рош), but I understood праздник and исчез.

P.S. Okay, I looked in my Russian dictionary for a hint at what the first word might be, and I'm guessing that it's рожь. (A word I recognize, but one that I seldom have reason to use!)
    You see that it was impossible to guess the spelling of the word "рожь", if you hadn't known it before.
    You misheard the second word. THe stress is on the second syllable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    You see that it was impossible to guess the spelling of the word "рожь", if you hadn't known it before.
    You misheard the second word. THe stress is on the second syllable.
    If you know the rule that voiced sounds change to unvoiced ones in the end of the word ('ж' sounds like 'ш') then it should be rather easy to guess how to spell "рожь". Perhaps the only problem would be the soft sign.
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

Увлечённый спикер
    Я удивляюсь, что столько людей здесь думает русская орфография простая! Для меня это самый сложный аспект изучания этого языка. Да, конечно, правила есть, но их столько, что запомнить их всех невозможно, не говоря даже об исключениях! Правописание наречий, редукция гласных, чередование гласных в корнях, приставки, о или ё после шипящих - это просто кошмар какой-то! Русская орфография это был самый страшный предмет во время моей учёбы!
    Kamka

Властелин
    If you know the rule that voiced sounds change to unvoiced ones in the end of the word ('ж' sounds like 'ш') then it should be rather easy to guess how to spell "рожь". Perhaps the only problem would be the soft sign.
    Установить это нельзя, если не знать, как это слово склоняется.

Властелин
    kamilion, какой у вас родной язык?

Увлечённый спикер
    kamilion, какой у вас родной язык?
    польский
    Kamka

Властелин
    Какие сложности есть в польской орфографии?

Увлечённый спикер
    Какие сложности есть в польской орфографии?
    в польском например есть две буквы для такого же звука, h = ch, u = ó, rz = ż, нужно решать который вариант выступает в данном слове (к этому, конечно, есть правила). Некоторые сложности похожи на те в русской орфографии: слитное или раздельное правописание разных частей речи итд, но всё-таки, по-моему, русская орфография намного сложнее, так как в польском нет редукции безударных слогов. Лично для меня самое трудное, когда писала диктанты по-русски, было решить именно эти безударные гласные: о или а, е или и.

edit
    I downloaded the file, the first word I'm going to omit, as I've seen you guys talking about it above, so it might've affected my hearing, the 2nd one sounds like ростик, although I've no idea if it actually exists, or I'd just made it up, and the 3rd one is исчез.
    Kamka

Властелин
    THe second word is still incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by kamilion View Post
    the 2nd one sounds like ростик
    Когда я жил в Москве с 1993 до 94 года, был в ГУМе ресторан "fast-food", назывался "Ростикс", где продавали жареную курину в стиле "KFC". А слова "ростик" не существует, насколько я знаю. Однако, есть слово росток -- по-английски будет "a sprout". И ростки бобов ("bean sprouts") с Германии были недавно в новостях!

If my native language were a Slavic one, like Polish, I might also find Russian spelling difficult. But my native language is English, which as we all know is a Germanic language with a lot of Romance words from French and Latin. So for me, learning the unfamiliar Slavic roots has always been the most difficult part of studying Russian, and by comparison the spelling is very easy.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    If my native language were a Slavic one, like Polish, I might also find Russian spelling difficult. But my native language is English, which as we all know is a Germanic language with a lot of Romance words from French and Latin. So for me, learning the unfamiliar Slavic roots has always been the most difficult part of studying Russian, and by comparison the spelling is very easy.
    If you had to write what hear, you will immediately understand the complexity of Russian spelling. Unlike English in Russian there are rules which you cannot avoid, and they are very sophisticated. I don't mention punctuation which is hardly possible to learn completely.

Властелин
    Unlike English in Russian there are rules which you cannot avoid, and they are very sophisticated.
    Like? (I suppose you were still talking about spelling)

Властелин
    I'm still talking about spelling.
    Например, слитное и раздельное написание "не", одно и два "н" в причастиях и прилагательных.

Увлечённый спикер
    THe second word is still incorrect.
    подскажите, мне это сейчас мучит!
    Kamka

Властелин
    меня это сейчас мучит!
    тростник

Старший оракул
    Я думаю, иностранцы, изучающие другой язык, чаще сталкиваются с необходимостью прочитать новое слово, а не записать. Чтобы понять преимущества русского над английским в этом отношении, достаточно вспомнить, что в словарях русского языка ставятся только ударения, а в английских всегда приводится полная транскрипция.

В написании слова "рожь" тоже нет ничего сложного. Нужно только знать, как оно склоняется (нужно знать проверочное слово, в котором слышно "ж) и что оно женского рода. Его написание полностью подчиняется правилам.
    Налево пойдёшь - коня потеряешь, направо пойдёшь - сам голову сложишь.
    Прямой путь не предлагать!

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin View Post
    Пошуношник: Talking about Russian spelling, your username is misspelled.
    It should be полуночник テミタフホメタ.ミモ ??粽??竟??璋韶?? 竟??褪-??琿 ォミ??韜 ?鍄? | ム?籵? | マ?粢? ??
    Я знаю.
    На самом деле, хоть я и родился и вырос в Москве, я произношу в этом слове "ч".
    Налево пойдёшь - коня потеряешь, направо пойдёшь - сам голову сложишь.
    Прямой путь не предлагать!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast