Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian computing: Linux/Knoppix/UNIX

Подающий надежды оратор

ASPLinux

A russian distrib of linux is ASPLinux, you can also get the russian version of Windows XP, and Mac OS X.

I have them all actually. It's kind of interesting, what it does, is absolutely forced you to learn a few words, if you want to use the computer at all.

Quite frankly, after I installed ASPLinux, I stared blankly at the screen for a few days, and wondered what the heck I was supposed to do next...it was a pain to do everything, from turning the sound on, wow.

But it forced me to learn some new words. Now I don't bother anymore. Fact is, it takes a long time to learn a new language, and I need my computer as a tool to help me...I don't want to be bogged down, not being able to manuever around on the computer.

Властелин
    If you don't play games, Linux is great. If you do, better stick with Windows.
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

Почтенный гражданин

Re: ASPLinux

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    A russian distrib of linux is ASPLinux, you can also get the russian version of Windows XP, and Mac OS X.

I have them all actually. It's kind of interesting, what it does, is absolutely forced you to learn a few words, if you want to use the computer at all.

Quite frankly, after I installed ASPLinux, I stared blankly at the screen for a few days, and wondered what the heck I was supposed to do next...it was a pain to do everything, from turning the sound on, wow.

But it forced me to learn some new words. Now I don't bother anymore. Fact is, it takes a long time to learn a new language, and I need my computer as a tool to help me...I don't want to be bogged down, not being able to manuever around on the computer.
    I have to note with sorrow that Russians still don't able to make good Linux distribs
    My English isn't so good, зато с русским все в порядке ))
    I'll be very thankful, if you correct my mistakes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12