Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: The crisis in Syria

I'm not surprised that President Putin would support a UN resolution for strikes if there's proof that Assad used the chemicals. Russia's a legit country that respects International laws.
    Now I needa find a hammer so I can smash my Bloodhound Gang CD and toss it in the trash. I'll never listen to that band again.

Jon Stewart is Back: Lampoons Syrian Red Line, Ridicules Cable News Idiots | Alternet

American humorist Jon Stewart weighs in on the crisis in Syria, says "the red line they crossed is actually a d*ck-measuring ribbon."

"100,000 Syrians have already been killed," he said. "So why now? The red line is apparently: You can't use chemicals to kill your own people. You have to do it organically."

Still more: "We have to bomb Syria because we are in 7th grade. The red-line that they crossed is actually a dick-measuring ribbon. The only way to keep America's penis from looking small is to conduct a limited operation deisgned to fail. We'll call it Operation Just the Tip."

While Stewart is clearly not impressed with the Administration's thinking on Syria, he reserved some of his sharpest humor for the "parade of idiots" that cable news calls experts who have been trotted out on cable news, the same cabal that got everything wrong on Iraq.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Старший оракул
    Ъ-Новости - Христианская деревня атакована боевиками в Сирии

Христианская деревня атакована боевиками в Сирии

Деревня в пригороде сирийского города Маалула, жители которой являются преимущественно христианами, была атакована боевиками, сообщает АР. Местная монахиня рассказала, что штурм населенного пункта начался на рассвете среды с теракта на территории контрольно-пропускного пункта в окрестностях Маалулы. По ее словам, она слышала звуки выстрелов и авиаударов. Базирующаяся в Лондоне организация Syrian Observatory for Human Rights подтверждает информацию об атаке и говорит, что нападавшие принадлежат к близкой к «Аль-Каиде» группировке «Джебхат ан-Нусра».
    Deborski likes this.

Спасибо за ссылку.... ужас, просто УЖАС, что происходит. Мне грустно без слов...
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Maybe the Japanese were just "sending the US a message" when they engaged in their "limited strike" on Pearl Harbor...?

Юрка and UhOhXplode like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    Самое интересное, это написано человеком. Если вы говорите что интересы человека учитывать глупо, а при этом вы человек, значит вашу позицию можно проигнорировать, вы согласны? =)
    А что если мои слова продиктованы не интересами, а чем-то другим?

Вообще, прикольно слушать американцев. Даже противники войны против Сирии ссылаются на интересы США. Мол, это дорого, не эффективно и т.д. Но не говорят, что это несправедливо, бесчеловечно, жестоко и т.д.

Quote Originally Posted by UhOhXplode View Post
    I'm not surprised that President Putin would support a UN resolution for strikes if there's proof that Assad used the chemicals. Russia's a legit country that respects International laws.
    Now I needa find a hammer so I can smash my Bloodhound Gang CD and toss it in the trash. I'll never listen to that band again.
    But, you already liked them enough to listen to them the first time. Hey, I like the Pearl Harbour Meme.... good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Юрка View Post
    А что если мои слова продиктованы не интересами, а чем-то другим?

Вообще, прикольно слушать американцев. Даже противники войны против Сирии ссылаются на интересы США. Мол, это дорого, не эффективно и т.д. Но не говорят, что это несправедливо, бесчеловечно, жестоко и т.д.
    Yeah, nobody's suppose to think about all the suffering. They think it's a game but it's not. It's destroying peoples' lives.

Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post
    But, you already liked them enough to listen to them the first time. Hey, I like the Pearl Harbour Meme.... good one.
    No, dad liked them enough to buy me the CD. They were never one of my favorite bands but the music was okay. Even the Russians that went to the concert liked them till they desecrated the flag. Then they stopped liking them and so did I.
    And yean, imo, a "surgical strike" is an Act of War. Also we would be attacking a country that didn't attack us and that's just wrong on so many levels!
    What's even worse is that we would be fighting for Al-Qaeda and that's treason! A lot of US soldiers are saying they won't do that.

EDIT. Something interesting to add. President Putin calling Kerry a liar.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...liar-on-syria/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    Surprising statement from Putin:
    It is surprising because it's not true
    I watched the interview yesterday, he didn't say "Russia "doesn't exclude" supporting a U.N. resolution on punitive military strikes if it is proven that Damascus used poison gas on its own people."
    He said "Если у нас будут объективные точные данные о том, кто совершил эти преступления, тогда будет и реакция. Сейчас предполагать и заранее сказать: да, мы будем делать то или это, было бы абсолютно некорректным. В политике так не поступают. Но я вас уверяю, что мы займем принципиальную позицию."
    Эксклюзивное интервью Владимира Путина - о Сирии, США и событиях в watch 1:08

It's would be similar to say "President Obama doesn't exclude supporting nuclear strike against China". He didn't say that he supports it nor he said that he doesn't, so it would be "safe to assume" that he "doesn't exclude it". It's sad that this kind of twisted logic propagandized by such big guys as CBS
    Marcus likes this.

Yeah, nobody's suppose to think about all the suffering. They think it's a game but it's not. It's destroying peoples' lives.

No, dad liked them enough to buy me the CD. They were never one of my favorite bands but the music was okay. Even the Russians that went to the concert liked them till they desecrated the flag. Then they stopped liking them and so did I.
    And yean, imo, a "surgical strike" is an Act of War. Also we would be attacking a country that didn't attack us and that's just wrong on so many levels!
    What's even worse is that we would be fighting for Al-Qaeda and that's treason! A lot of US soldiers are saying they won't do that.

EDIT. Something interesting to add. President Putin calling Kerry a liar.
    Putin calls Kerry a liar on Syria - CBS News
    Those Russians going to the concert just went uninformed, not knowing anything... much like the fans of Putin.

Seriously, I don't think one can say something positive about being a fan of something and not even having a clue.

Kerry a liar? Most people who investigated that clown know about him already. He was being groomed for being a warmonger long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    It is surprising because it's not true
    I watched the interview yesterday, he didn't say "Russia "doesn't exclude" supporting a U.N. resolution on punitive military strikes if it is proven that Damascus used poison gas on its own people."
    He said "Если у нас будут объективные точные данные о том, кто совершил эти преступления, тогда будет и реакция. Сейчас предполагать и заранее сказать: да, мы будем делать то или это, было бы абсолютно некорректным. В политике так не поступают. Но я вас уверяю, что мы займем принципиальную позицию."
    Эксклюзивное интервью Владимира Путина - о Сирии, США и событиях в watch 1:08

It's would be similar to say "President Obama doesn't exclude supporting nuclear strike against China". He didn't say that he supports it nor he said that he doesn't, so it would be "safe to assume" that he "doesn't exclude it". It's sad that this kind of twisted logic propagandized by such big guys as CBS
    I watched the entire interview on RT, and although it was dubbed-over in English, I doubt RT would twist Putin's words.

At 2:30 he clearly states that he will not rule out supporting a US strike against Syria
    At 3:40 he states that Russia firmly believes that use of chemical weapons is a war crime and that Russia will take a "compelling stance" (should there be solid proof of Assad's guilt)
    6:00 if detailed evidence is provided of Assad's guilt, Russia "will take decisive and serious action" (he does not detail specifically what action)

He also turns the question back on the American journalist, asking what America would do if it turns out that the insurgents were responsible for releasing the chemical weapons.
    Юрка likes this.

Those Russians going to the concert just went uninformed, not knowing anything... much like the fans of Putin.

Seriously, I don't think one can say something positive about being a fan of something and not even having a clue.
    Who has time to be a fan, lol? I study 8 hours every day and then I have homework and chores to deal with. I still have a little time for my social life and maybe play a video game or something - if nothing else happens.
    I know the lyrics to some songs I like but no way i could ever know the lyrics for all that stuff. And I've only been to a few concerts.
    That's probably true for the Russians that went to the concert. They just wanted to hear some cool music NOT watch political crap.

If someone says that our government bites then that's cool. Governments always have corruption. But nobody has the right to do that to our flag so they didn't have the right to do that to Russia's flag. The flags belong more to the people than the government.
    And yeah, like I've said before, Obama isn't totally right and Putin isn't totally right. No leader is ever totally right. But people aren't either. People just pick the good/bad that they mostly agree with.

Kerry a liar? Most people who investigated that clown know about him already. He was being groomed for being a warmonger long ago.
    Well, I don't know very much about him but all the warmongers needa be put in the war zones so they can really appreciate what they're doing. The reason they don't care is cause they've never been there.

Well, I don't know very much about him but all the warmongers needa be put in the war zones so they can really appreciate what they're doing. The reason they don't care is cause they've never been there.
    Actually, John Kerry served in Vietnam and was awarded three Purple Hearts among other honors. Which, in my mind, makes him a hypocrite. But you can't say he's "never been there."

Military career of John Kerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*If you spend much time talking with veterans of war, you will find that they tend to fall into both the anti-war and pro-war camps. After all, the US glorifies war, and veterans are praised for their service. That is why many of them send their sons off to fight in wars as well. They believe it is the honorable thing to do. There are also plenty of veterans who return for multiple tours.

Huh? Why?

[Google-googlity-googling...]

Oh, I see!

Well, the Ukrainian audience seemed to like the gesture... but I can see why Russians were upset!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    Actually, John Kerry served in Vietnam and was awarded three Purple Hearts among other honors. Which, in my mind, makes him a hypocrite. But you can't say he's "never been there."

Military career of John Kerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*If you spend much time talking with veterans of war, you will find that they tend to fall into both the anti-war and pro-war camps. After all, the US glorifies war, and veterans are praised for their service. That is why many of them send their sons off to fight in wars as well. They believe it is the honorable thing to do. There are also plenty of veterans who return for multiple tours.
    Oh. Well I know Obama never did any military service and neither did Bush (except stateside).
    List of Presidents of the United States by military service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But I still don't get why anyone would sign up for the milirary if they were anti-war. Btw, I'm not anti-war but I am anti-this-war.

Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Huh? Why?

[Google-googlity-googling...]

Oh, I see!

Well, the Ukrainian audience seemed to like the gesture... but I can see why Russians were upset!
    Chirping's never cool and especially against other countries.
    Anyway, Brokencyde's 1st album and the Midnight Beast trump Bloodhound Gang! And they sound really lame compared to the World Alive, Sum 41, Psyko Punkz, Avenged 7x, and tons more bands. Even Cage the Elephant trumps Bloodhound Gang so no huge loss! If I wanna hear that style of music, I'll listen to 5 Finger Death Punch or Hollywood Undead.
    I think the only bands worse than Bloodhound gang were White Stripes and Nickelback.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Well, their loss anyway. They got their rotten eggs and tomatoes for what they did.
    It is sad though because they and their supporters think that they are heroes but in reality they are just mediocre and foolish copycats.
    UhOhXplode likes this.

Poll: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

“I believe it is in the best interest of the United States, and the global community as a whole, to move forward with the deployment of all U.S. congressional leaders to Syria immediately,” respondent Carol Abare, 50, said in the nationwide telephone survey, echoing the thoughts of an estimated 9 in 10 Americans who said they “strongly support” any plan of action that involves putting the U.S. House and Senate on the ground in the war-torn Middle Eastern state. “With violence intensifying every day, now is absolutely the right moment—the perfect moment, really—for the United States to send our legislators to the region.”

“In fact, my preference would have been for Congress to be deployed months ago,” she added.
    If only this were not satire!

Властелин
    How many senators that can pilot F-17 things do you know, Deb?

Hanna

Or how about this: Send 10% of the Washington lobbyists to Syria to lobby for peace, using the same amount of resources they spend for lobbying for GM crops, medical insurance laws and similar types of issues.

For starters, they could bribe every single government AND rebel fighter to put down their arms... Proceeding to bribe Assad to open up faster and democratize.
    Deborski likes this.

Alan Grayson's Emails | Grayson in the NY Times on Syria Intel: “Trust, But Verify”

US Congressman Alan Grayson (D-FL) demands that intelligence cited by President Obama and John Kerry to support a US military strike against Syria must be declassified. Grayson states that even US representatives have not been allowed to see the purported "evidence" proving that Assad is responsible for using sarin gas against civilians and children.

On Thursday I asked the House Intelligence Committee staff whether there was any other documentation available, classified or unclassified. Their answer was “no.”

The Syria chemical weapons summaries are based on several hundred underlying elements of intelligence information. The unclassified summary cites intercepted telephone calls, “social media” postings and the like, but not one of these is actually quoted or attached — not even clips from YouTube. (As to whether the classified summary is the same, I couldn’t possibly comment, but again, draw your own conclusion.)

Over the last week the administration has run a full-court press on Capitol Hill, lobbying members from both parties in both houses to vote in support of its plan to attack Syria. And yet we members are supposed to accept, without question, that the proponents of a strike on Syria have accurately depicted the underlying evidence, even though the proponents refuse to show any of it to us or to the American public.

In fact, even gaining access to just the classified summary involves a series of unreasonably high hurdles.

We have to descend into the bowels of the Capitol Visitors Center, to a room four levels underground. Per the instructions of the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, note-taking is not allowed.

Once we leave, we are not permitted to discuss the classified summary with the public, the media, our constituents or even other members. Nor are we allowed to do anything to verify the validity of the information that has been provided.

And this is just the classified summary. It is my understanding that the House Intelligence Committee made a formal request for the underlying intelligence reports several days ago. I haven’t heard an answer yet. And frankly, I don’t expect one.
    Representative Grayson is a ranking member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast