Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beslan 3 Years

Новичок

Beslan 3 Years

Sorry if this is off topic

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hVn ... qn22XjN8IA

Beslan marks it's third anniversary.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    The committee also issued an emotional letter demanding that apologize to the 186 children killed in the massacre.
    The committee wants to place the blame on Putin when they should be campaigning against the Islamic terrorists who took the school hostage in the first place. It sounds to me like typical "Opposition Party" tactics.

These people sound like the Democrats here in the USA who want to blame Bush for Hurricane Katrina..
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Bush caused Katerina!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Bush caused Katerina!
    I knew that all along!!!!
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Новичок
    Bush caused Katerina!

yeah.....and he also started a war he can't finish......

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica
    Bush caused Katerina!

yeah.....and he also started a war he can't finish......
    Well, what about Kennedy? Did Bush kill him?
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    The committee also issued an emotional letter demanding that apologize to the 186 children killed in the massacre.
    The committee wants to place the blame on Putin when they should be campaigning against the Islamic terrorists who took the school hostage in the first place. It sounds to me like typical "Opposition Party" tactics.
    they have been for a while now, they blame Putin for a failed hostage rescue claiming it was the Russian government that caused the high death toll.

the forum at www.pravdabeslana.ru/phorum is like a Putin hate site.

Почтенный гражданин
    Wow, 3 years on already. Of all the terrible things terrorist have inflicted upon the people of the worl, this one sticks in my mind as one of the worst.

Putin has to take some responsibility for the debacle which transpired, same as with the Kursk, more lives may have been saved if rescue
    attempts had been planned out better. Accepting help offered wouldnt have been a bad thing either.
    More madness than method but it works for me.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    [

That's funny, the forum about Beslan has all the threads locked except one.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Новичок
    [

That's funny, the forum about Beslan has all the threads locked except one.
    lol

"There is no forgiveness for the authorities for allowing Beslan," one said. "The federal security service and interior ministry are responsible for terror," read another.
    There's a well-known name for this: "Stockholm syndrome".
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    "There is no forgiveness for the authorities for allowing Beslan," one said. "The federal security service and interior ministry are responsible for terror," read another.
    There's a well-known name for this: "Stockholm syndrome".
    This is sympathising with your captors or agressors. Simply suggesting the authorities should take some responsibility for the way events were handled does not automatically mean you have sympathy with the terrorists who murdered these people. The two do not go hand in hand.

What is the point of having a government if they are not going to handle crisis to the best of their ability?

DDT
    What is the point of having a government if they are not going to handle crisis to the best of their ability?
    Of course they did. What makes you assume that they let those kids get killed by terrorists on purpose. Sure, things could have gone better. There is always room for improvement but I'd say that it is counter productive to begin a campaign against Putin.

What if:
    If your house is being robbed and you call the police. The police comes, breaks down your door, shoots the burgular with machine guns shooting up your apartment at the same time. Even knocking over your cherished ming vase from the 1st century inherited for millions of generations. Then takes the body of the burgular, draws it out to the streets leaving your apartment in shambles. Would you not demand an apology from the police or some sort of reimbursement?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

DDT
    What if:
    If your house is being robbed and you call the police. The police comes, breaks down your door, shoots the burgular with machine guns shooting up your apartment at the same time. Even knocking over your cherished ming vase from the 1st century inherited for millions of generations. Then takes the body of the burgular, draws it out to the streets leaving your apartment in shambles. Would you not demand an apology from the police or some sort of reimbursement?
    Probably not. And I sure would not blame it on Putin, either.

What if:
    Kalinka's analogy is a bit incorrect: we are discussing not "robbery", but extremely brutal hostage taking, and not "burglars" (which want a bit of your property, and not more), but terrorist fanatics, having no respect to hostages lifes, and no care to their own.

More appropriate analogy: if terrorists captured you, tied a pack of explosives to you, and kept you for 3 days without food and drink. The police released you, and killed terrorist -- but, unfortunately, wounded you badly. Who is right in this situation: police or terrorist?
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    More appropriate analogy: if terrorists captured you, tied a pack of explosives to you, and kept you for 3 days without food and drink. The police released you, and killed terrorist -- but, unfortunately, wounded you badly. Who is right in this situation: police or terrorist?

I would not take the blame out on the Police if I was wounded as long as the terrorist was killed.

sure, the Police make mistakes, when under an extreme amount of presure like that (having over 1000 hastages, most of them young children) someone is going to die during the operation in order to save others. I think bashing Putin over Beslan is out of line. It was noted that the terrorists set off one of the bombs by accident, the Russian forces took action and if they did not take action agains the terrorists more hostages would have died.

DDT
    It was noted that the terrorists set off one of the bombs by accident, .
    This is what I heard too. Then eyewitnesses say that the terrorists just started shooting at the kids when they ran away. What do these "protesters" think that the police should have done? These "protesters" make me sick. If I was Russian Police I would really give those protesters something to worry about.

Новичок
    It was noted that the terrorists set off one of the bombs by accident, .
    This is what I heard too. Then eyewitnesses say that the terrorists just started shooting at the kids when they ran away. What do these "protesters" think that the police should have done? These "protesters" make me sick. If I was Russian Police I would really give those protesters something to worry about.
    yeah, at the end they started shooting the kids

sick pigs that hurt children.

The Russian forces saved a lot of the hostages, what the protesters need to understand is that some died in order to save others.

Почтенный гражданин

Of course they did. What makes you assume that they let those kids get killed by terrorists on purpose. Sure, things could have gone better. There is always room for improvement but I'd say that it is counter productive to begin a campaign against Putin.
    Why do you think I assume they let the kids be killed on purpose?
    Why do you think expressing my opinion is beginning a campaign against Putin?

I am doing neither of these things.

In matters like this you cant simply shrug your shoulders and say 'oh well, they did their best'. If this really is Putins best then he should step aside quickly to allow someone much better, it wouldnt be hard to find!
    I believe this could have ended with more lives saved and this is not the only time there could have been a better outcome to a crisis. The desisions that were made were not adequate for what was needed. But I say thist not as an attack, but as a way of suggesting lessons should be learned so there is no repeat of the mistakes made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast