Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atomic Bombing on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Увлечённый спикер

Atomic Bombing on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

During World War II, for the purpose of forcing the Japanese to surrender unconditionally, the United States military dropped atomic bombs on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan on August 6 and August 9, 1945 respectively, killing at least 120,000 people outright, and around twice as many over time. Japan presented its formal document of surrender to the Allies of World War II on August 15. This was the first and only use of atomic bombing in history. "WIKIPEDIA"

DO YOU THINK IT IS JUSTIFIED?
    SHARE YOUR OPENION ABOUT THIS SUBJECT!
    I become jealous
    of my words when
    i say them to you
    and you like them
    but not me.

Почётный участник
    I think we wasted perfectly good bombs, we should have hit Germany instead.

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Atomic Bombing on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Quote Originally Posted by a true arab
    During World War II, for the purpose of forcing the Japanese to surrender unconditionally, the United States military dropped atomic bombs on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan on August 6 and August 9, 1945 respectively, killing at least 120,000 people outright, and around twice as many over time. Japan presented its formal document of surrender to the Allies of World War II on August 15. This was the first and only use of atomic bombing in history. "WIKIPEDIA"

Well, why should I share my opinion? You obviously don't think it was justified, or you wouldn't bring up the topic.

And I sense that no amount of logical or philosophical debate will cause you to change your mind, or believe any differently.

Sorry, but I've seen enough of your posts, that I reasonably think you're not wanting academic debate, but instead want to cause another 'flame thread' against America.

Do you ever say anything nice or kind about the U.S.?

Увлечённый спикер

Quote Originally Posted by Dobry

Well, why should I share my opinion? You obviously don't think it was justified, or you wouldn't bring up the topic.

And I sense that no amount of logical or philosophical debate will cause you to change your mind, or believe any differently.

Sorry, but I've seen enough of your posts, that I reasonably think you're not wanting academic debate, but instead want to cause another 'flame thread' against America.

Do you ever say anything nice or kind about the U.S.?
    WHY ARE YOU JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS?
    i DO NOT HATE AMERICANS AT ALL !! I HAVE MANY AMERICAN FRIEND!
    AND I HOPE YOU ARE THE NEXT.
    ACTUALLY, I AM AGAINST AMERICAN POLICY ONLY BECAUSE IT IS CAUSING A LOT OF BAD IMPRESSIONS ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY EVERY WHERE.
    REGARDING, THE ATOMIC BOMBING, I AM TOTALLLY AGAINST IT. I THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THE AMERIICAN GOVERNMENT HAD BOMBED A MILITARY TARGET INSTEAD OF CIVILIAN ONE.

I THINK IN AMERICAN CULTURE YOU ENCOURAGE OPPOSITE OPENION DEBATE. I AM NOT AFTER ANOTHER ' FLAME THREAD' AS YOU ARE ASSUMING. NOWADAYS, THERE A LOT OF DEBATES REGARDING THIS BOMBING WHICH OCCURED SIXTY YEARS AGO.
    I AM HERE TO SHOW MY SOLIDARITY TO ALL VICTIMS FROM ALL NATIONS.
    PLEASE, DO NOT THINK OR BELIEVE THAT I HATE AMERICANS. THIS IS ABSOLUTRLY WRONGFUL:
    AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE VERY HOSPITABLE AND YOU CAN ADAPT WITH THEM QUICKLY. THEY HAVE HIGH SPIRITS AND THEY ARE MULTICULTURAL. IN GENERAL, THEY ARE OPEN MINDED AND THEY LIKE TO HAVE FUN AND MAKE NEW FRIENDSHIPS. I HAVE MANY AMERICAN COLLEGUES IN MY COMPANY AND WE ARE SO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER.
    IN ADDITION, I THINK YOU AGREE WITH ME THAT AMERICAN POLICY IS NOT FAIR AT ALL AND IT IS EXTEREMLY CONTROLLED BY JEWISH LOBBIES. IT IS NOT GIVING ANY CONCERN TOWARD AMERICAN IMAGE TO THE WORLD.
    I AM SORRY, IF MY POST WAS MISTAKINGLY UNDERSTOOD.
    I become jealous
    of my words when
    i say them to you
    and you like them
    but not me.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia

I THINK YOU AGREE WITH ME THAT AMERICAN POLICY IS NOT FAIR AT ALL AND IT IS EXTEREMLY CONTROLLED BY JEWISH LOBBIES. .
    No, he does not hate Americans. He just hates Jews. Keep in mind that a number of Arab leaders in WWII backed Hitler.

AS far as the subject of dropping the Bomb on Japan; it is easy to second guess what should have been done now, 60 years later but the truth of the matter is only known by those actually living at the time. It was their decision to make, for their particular reasons, not ours.
    I had family memebers captured by Japanese and forced to work as slave labour near the Kwai River, so I don't particularly care what was dropped on Japan as long as they were freed from what would have been death by starvation and brutallity.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

ST
    Well, USA saved lots of lives of their soldiers, in cost of lives Japanese non-combatants. Good this is or bad? Anyone decide it for himself...In one hand, life of your soldiers is more expensive for you, then lives of enemies, but in other...killing lots of civilians to scary government of enemy country, make chaos and panic in their army…this is like terrorists do now...
    But this is history, anyway. Today USA and Japan are best friends. Now Japanese schoolboys believes, what it was Soviet Union, who drops A-Bomb at Japan (words “Allied Forces” and “Soviet union” have a same signs as I know).
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

Увлечённый спикер

Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    I THINK YOU AGREE WITH ME THAT AMERICAN POLICY IS NOT FAIR AT ALL AND IT IS EXTEREMLY CONTROLLED BY JEWISH LOBBIES. .
    No, he does not hate Americans. He just hates Jews. Keep in mind that a number of Arab leaders in WWII backed Hitler.

AS far as the subject of dropping the Bomb on Japan; it is easy to second guess what should have been done now, 60 years later but the truth of the matter is only known by those actually living at the time. It was their decision to make, for their particular reasons, not ours.
    I had family memebers captured by Japanese and forced to work as slave labour near the Kwai River,

HI ddt YOU ARE ALWAYS CONFRONTING:
    YES I HATE ZIONIST JEWS SOO MUCH. THEY ARE THE ONLY NATION THAT THINKS THEY ARE THE CHOSEN PEOPLE OF GOD AND THAT OTHERS ARE GOYIM " IN HEBREW IT HAS A NICE MEANING " AND THIS INCLUDE ALL NON JEWS. THEY ARE THE KILLERS OF PROPHETS. THEY ARE THE SPONSORS OF ALL KIND OF SOCIAL DESTROYING CHANNELS. THEY ARE THE KILLERS OF CHILDREN IN PALESTINE" YOU CAN SEE THIS ON NEWS SITES". THEY ARE A NATION OF GANGS THAT CAPTURED SOMEONE ELSE'S HOMELANDS. THEY ARE CONTROLING USA THROUGH IPAC FOR THEIR OWN GOODNESS. IN CHRISTIANITY: THEY ARE THE KILLERS OF CHRIST. " I DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT, I BELIEVE THAT JESUS HAS BEEN LIFTED TO HEAVEN AND HE WILL COME BACK AGAIN, BUT I BELIEVE THAT JEWS ARE WERE TELLING ROMANS TO CROSSIFY HIM.
    JEWS ARE THE ONLY NATION THAT EOUROPEANS MADE GHEETOS FOR THEM AND YOU MAY KNOW WHY.
    JEWS ARE THE NATION THAT IS FAMOUS OF BRIBERY, LIE, CONSPIRACY, AND THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM TO DO THE MEANEST THING IN ORDER TO GET TO THEIR GOALS WHICH ARE IN GENERAL NOT NOBLE.
    ANY HUMAN BEING SHOULD HATE SUCH A NATION. MAY BE YOU ARE A JEW. IF THIS IS THE CASE YOU CAN NOT BLAME ME BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE REAL JEW'S LIFE.

CAN YOU NAMES OF THOSE ARAB LEADERS. I THINK YOU NOTHING ABOUT WWII: EGYPTIANS, MORROCANS, AND OTHER ARABS FOUGHT AGAINST NAZIS IN SAHARA AND EGYPT.
    PLEASE, BE REALISTIC.

[quote:26c7xvcr]so I don't particularly care what was dropped on Japan as long as they were freed from what would have been death by starvation and brutallity
    [/quote:26c7xvcr].
    IIF YOU DO NOT CARE THAT IS BECAUSE OF RACISM AND SELFISHNESS IN YOUR DEEP. BY THE WAY BRUTALITY CAN NOT BE FOUGHT BY BRUTALITY.
    REGARDS,
    TNT ...SORRRRRRRY DDT
    I become jealous
    of my words when
    i say them to you
    and you like them
    but not me.

Почтенный гражданин

ZIONIST JEWS bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Wow...

Почтенный гражданин

I didn't know that a number of Arab leaders in WW2 backed Hitler. Hey! Jews are people too.
    I just think it is EXTREMMMMMMELY curious, that ANYBODY would equate America with Jewish lobbies, though. I'm not sure why I think this way.

DDT, what am I trying to say ...

There are main lobbyists and then there are secondary lobbyists who after an incredible amount of hard work and preservance make some SMALL head way. I think the Jews are in this second category because it is my laymens understanding that the main player is always christian fighting against the factors seeking constitutional obeyance. To say "It's those damn Jews again" is complete folly. Jews make up a dang small portion of american religious belief. Maybe it is easier to take something you hate (jews) and overlay that concept over that which you wish to be pissy with (whatever), then it is easier for your head to ...(whatever again)

Where is my infidel shirt.

Muslims get to wear dresses to work. Why don't I get to wear dresses to work. Do I have to be a Muslim to get to wear a dress to work!
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

Почётный участник

YES I HATE ZIONIST JEWS SOO MUCH. THEY ARE THE ONLY NATION THAT THINKS THEY ARE THE CHOSEN PEOPLE OF GOD AND THAT OTHERS ARE GOYIM " IN HEBREW IT HAS A NICE MEANING " AND THIS INCLUDE ALL NON JEWS. THEY ARE THE KILLERS OF PROPHETS. THEY ARE THE SPONSORS OF ALL KIND OF SOCIAL DESTROYING CHANNELS. THEY ARE THE KILLERS OF CHILDREN IN PALESTINE" YOU CAN SEE THIS ON NEWS SITES". THEY ARE A NATION OF GANGS THAT CAPTURED SOMEONE ELSE'S HOMELANDS. THEY ARE CONTROLING USA THROUGH IPAC FOR THEIR OWN GOODNESS. IN CHRISTIANITY: THEY ARE THE KILLERS OF CHRIST. " I DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT, I BELIEVE THAT JESUS HAS BEEN LIFTED TO HEAVEN AND HE WILL COME BACK AGAIN, BUT I BELIEVE THAT JEWS ARE WERE TELLING ROMANS TO CROSSIFY HIM.
    JEWS ARE THE ONLY NATION THAT EOUROPEANS MADE GHEETOS FOR THEM AND YOU MAY KNOW WHY.
    JEWS ARE THE NATION THAT IS FAMOUS OF BRIBERY, LIE, CONSPIRACY, AND THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM TO DO THE MEANEST THING IN ORDER TO GET TO THEIR GOALS WHICH ARE IN GENERAL NOT NOBLE.
    ANY HUMAN BEING SHOULD HATE SUCH A NATION. MAY BE YOU ARE A JEW. IF THIS IS THE CASE YOU CAN NOT BLAME ME BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE REAL JEW'S LIFE.

That outburst sounds disturbingly like the kind of rubbish Hitler believed. True Arab, I understand the injustices that Palestinians are suffering under Israeli military rule but that sort of sentiment towards all Jews is totally unacceptable. No wonder there is no peace in the Middle East with these kind of attitudes. Looks like you're just the guy to make DDT's views seem almost reasonable.

Is there something about this place that attracts extremists??

Почётный участник
    so I don't particularly care what was dropped on Japan as long as they were freed from what would have been death by starvation and brutallity
    [quote:1rz0bex6]
    IIF YOU DO NOT CARE THAT IS BECAUSE OF RACISM AND SELFISHNESS IN YOUR DEEP. BY THE WAY BRUTALITY CAN NOT BE FOUGHT BY BRUTALITY.
    [/quote:1rz0bex6]I think DDT has every right to be selfish. If it wasn't for that bomb he would have never met that family. I think most of us would do anything for somone we love or care about. And brutality can be fought by brutality, the more brutal side wins, it just may not be very moral.

Увлечённый спикер

[quote=Rosa Anna]
    Quote Originally Posted by "a true arab":1nu92aju
    I didn't know that a number of Arab leaders in WW2 backed Hitler. Hey! Jews are people too.
    I just think it is EXTREMMMMMMELY curious, that ANYBODY would equate America with Jewish lobbies, though. I'm not sure why I think this way.

DDT, what am I trying to say ...

There are main lobbyists and then there are secondary lobbyists who after an incredible amount of hard work and preservance make some SMALL head way. I think the Jews are in this second category because it is my laymens understanding that the main player is always christian fighting against the factors seeking constitutional obeyance. To say "It's those damn Jews again" is complete folly. Jews make up a dang small portion of american religious belief. Maybe it is easier to take something you hate (jews) and overlay that concept over that which you wish to be pissy with (whatever), then it is easier for your head to ...(whatever again)

Where is my infidel shirt.

Muslims get to wear dresses to work. Why don't I get to wear dresses to work. Do I have to be a Muslim to get to wear a dress to work![/quote:1nu92aju]

JEWS ARE CONTROLLING USA THROUGH WALL STREET , DIAMONDS, MEDIA AND HOLLYWOOD. THIS IS VERY CLEAR FOR ANY ONE. PLEASE, READ THE PROTOCOLS OF ZION LEADERS. IT IS A FAMOUS ZIONIST BOOK.
    I become jealous
    of my words when
    i say them to you
    and you like them
    but not me.

Увлечённый спикер

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphyr

That outburst sounds disturbingly like the kind of rubbish Hitler believed. True Arab, I understand the injustices that Palestinians are suffering under Israeli military rule but that sort of sentiment towards all Jews is totally unacceptable. No wonder there is no peace in the Middle East with these kind of attitudes. Looks like you're just the guy to make DDT's views seem almost reasonable.

Is there something about this place that attracts extremists??
    OK LET THE JEWS GO BACK FROM WHERE THEY CAME WE WILL NOT GO AFTER THEM. WHAT IHAVE SAID ABOUT THEM IS THE REAL FACTS THAT WESTERN MEDIA TRYING TO HIDE USING ANTISEMITISM JOKE.
    I become jealous
    of my words when
    i say them to you
    and you like them
    but not me.

Увлечённый спикер
    [quote="Joel"]
    so I don't particularly care what was dropped on Japan as long as they were freed from what would have been death by starvation and brutallity
    [quote:g0b2xryf]
    [/quote:g0b2xryf]I think DDT has every right to be selfish. If it wasn't for that bomb he would have never met that family. I think most of us would do anything for somone we love or care about. And brutality can be fought by brutality, the more brutal side wins, it just may not be very moral.[/quote]
    ALL RIGHT SO APPLY THIS CONCEPT TO 9/11 EVENT, AND OTHER TERRORIST ACTIONS. THOSE TERRORIST would do anything for somone THEY love or care about.
    I become jealous
    of my words when
    i say them to you
    and you like them
    but not me.

Завсегдатай
    Aren't you just jealous that the Jews have made something out of themselves whilst Arabs are living in backward desert sh1t-holes where they blow each other up?
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

Почтенный гражданин
    Duck! The aliens are controlling wallstreet through the minds of Jews!!! AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh.

hmphf.
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

Почтенный гражданин

JEWS ARE CONTROLLING USA THROUGH WALL STREET , DIAMONDS, MEDIA AND HOLLYWOOD. THIS IS VERY CLEAR FOR ANY ONE. PLEASE, READ THE PROTOCOLS OF ZION LEADERS. IT IS A FAMOUS ZIONIST BOOK.
    Да, густо... Давно такого не слышал... Даже "Протоколы..." приплёл. Я думал, о них только отечественные антисемиты наслышаны, а гляди-ка, даже арабы в курсе...

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia

CAN YOU NAMES OF THOSE ARAB LEADERS. I THINK YOU NOTHING ABOUT WWII: EGYPTIANS, MORROCANS, AND OTHER ARABS FOUGHT AGAINST NAZIS IN SAHARA AND EGYPT.
    PLEASE, BE REALISTIC.
    There was of course the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem who was a fan of Hitler
    http://www.nycat.org/hitler.htm
    http://www.afsi.org/OUTPOST/96JAN/jan6.htm
    http://www.nyjtimes.com/cover/03-22-05/ ... BeTrue.htm
    http://www.freeman.org/m_online/apr01/hoeven.htm
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... ufti2.html
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 4714.shtml
    http://www.jerusalem-archives.org/period3/3-25.html
    http://www.israel-wat.com/g8_eng.htm
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Well, I have come to the conclusion that the atom bombs, no matter what was going on in anyones heads at the times, no matter how many lives they saved by not needing to invade Japan, were terrorist acts. Nothing else. The bombs were dropped on civilian targets in order to get Japan to surrender faster. This is terrorism. Same as firebombing Germany and Japan.

Now, an argument goes, but Germany did the same thing! So what? That is terrorism too! Unless you agree that terrorism can be NECESSARY, you can not condone the atomic bombs.

I am interested in a serious debate.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Well, I have come to the conclusion that the atom bombs, no matter what was going on in anyones heads at the times, no matter how many lives they saved by not needing to invade Japan, were terrorist acts. Nothing else. The bombs were dropped on civilian targets in order to get Japan to surrender faster. This is terrorism. Same as firebombing Germany and Japan.

Now, an argument goes, but Germany did the same thing! So what? That is terrorism too! Unless you agree that terrorism can be NECESSARY, you can not condone the atomic bombs.

I am interested in a serious debate.
    But really there Klinky, whats the difference between one Atomic bomb and a massive carpet bombing? The same amount of people get killed. Afterall, isn't that the objective of war, to kill people. You should keep in mind that this idea to limit the amount of dead people to only combatants is a NEW idea in war. No such concept was worried about in WWII or WWI. You see back then the idea that one side of an arguement or war could actually be righteous was still prevalent. Not so, now in this age of grey. These days everybody is correct because they "have their own truth". Well that's a load of huey. Hitler and Japan were wrong and that's it.
    They lived by the sword (attacked peaceful people), so they died by the sword (we dropped an A bomb and carpet bombed them. End of story.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast