Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Why I love (and hate) dating Russian men (article)

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    I didn't notice it's Euronews... So yeah, it gets kinda interesting now, but I still view it as a joke, I simply can't take that kind of stuff seriously xD
    Let's just wait and see what kind of jokes you will lough at when communism finally comes to europe.

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmixiv View Post
    How many people think the same, do you think?
    I am afraid Swedes could die out in 100 years, and will be replaced with Mozambicans, if a mess of such kind will continue.
    The people in the countryside are not hit by this hysteria yet (gender, immigration, homosexuality etc) particularly in the North. And the Swedish speaking internet is galore with immigrant bashing, because media won't say a word about any of the associated problems, like criminality and endless dependency on welfare. Media will not under any circumstances deviate from their official opinions/

For example if three refugees from Somalia rapes a Swedish girl, media will write that it was "three tall men in their early 20s". They are not allowed to say anything about the person's nationality. Interestingly enough that does not apply to Germans, Italians, Russians, Bulgarians etc who commit a crime in Sweden. But if the person is for instance, Somali, Iraqi, Kurdish or Uzbek, then nobody must know!

A tremendous irony occurs when politically correct media is torn in two directions when they are facing a news story about an immigrant family that has "reactionary" values. For example, they ban their teenage daughters from having a boyfriend, or spanked their child who was naughty. It goes against their principles to write anything negative about immigrants (against the spirit of "multiculturalism") but at the same time they want to object to the politically incorrect values of many immigrants. Usually they ignore the whole story, and people find out on blogs etc. You wouldn't believe the media climate in Sweden if I told you, seriously. There was probably greater variety in opinion in the USSR media, I am not joking. It's been like this all my life, although he winds have turned a bit.

This is one issue where 14Russian will not contradict me, I think. And just to finish of the irony, then the same papers or TV show will then rant on about bout the lack of freedom of press in Russia.

It's very sad, to think of a country that had almost NO serious problem (in my childhood) and then naively "imported" them, and created them. Finland has always throughout history been quite a bit poorer than Sweden, I think as of about 10 years back, it's richer and more successful. They had almost no immigration and are not fanatical about the politically correct ideals.

[end of Hanna's rant against this incredibly frustrating topic]
    gRomoZeka and Юрка like this.

Hanna
    Euronews is NOT a Russian news channel. I think it's an EU initiative, or it's French/German.
    They just put the voiceover in the big languages, so if people heard Euronews in Russian, it only means that you were watching from somewhere where they use the Russian soundtrack, which is Russia obviously, Baltic states and surprisingly, Sweden/Finland according to my experience. I didn't watch it in Ukraine, but I imagine that it's in Russian there too.

The concept used to be that it was just pictures and a voiceover in the local languages. I think they might be changing the concept because they seem to to do more interviews now - and just slam on the voiceover right over the discussion. But most of the time, you can't see the person speaking, so you just get the newsreader in your language (if it's a big language) and, the same pictures as everyone.

I got curious and checked it: Wikipedia says
    Euronews (stylized as euronews) is a European, multilingual news television channel, headquartered in Lyon-Écully, France. Created in 1993, it claims to be covering world news from a Pan-European perspective. Criticisms are that it acts as a propaganda outlet for the European Commission, its major source of revenue.[2][3][4][5]

Some segments are displayed without commentary under the banner "No Comment", which has been the channel's signature program since its launch.
    I haven't noticed any EU propaganda, I must say. It's a good channel because it quite SERIOUS. Not so much celebrity news or interviews with wackos.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    The people in the countryside are not hit by this hysteria yet (gender, immigration, homosexuality etc) particularly in the North. And the Swedish speaking internet is galore with immigrant bashing, because media won't say a word about any of the associated problems, like criminality and endless dependency on welfare. Media will not under any circumstances deviate from their official opinions/

For example if three refugees from Somalia rapes a Swedish girl, media will write that it was "three tall men in their early 20s". They are not allowed to say anything about the person's nationality. Interestingly enough that does not apply to Germans, Italians, Russians, Bulgarians etc who commit a crime in Sweden. But if the person is for instance, Somali, Iraqi, Kurdish or Uzbek, then nobody must know!

A tremendous irony occurs when politically correct media is torn in two directions when they are facing a news story about an immigrant family that has "reactionary" values. For example, they ban their teenage daughters from having a boyfriend, or spanked their child who was naughty. It goes against their principles to write anything negative about immigrants (against the spirit of "multiculturalism") but at the same time they want to object to the politically incorrect values of many immigrants. Usually they ignore the whole story, and people find out on blogs etc. You wouldn't believe the media climate in Sweden if I told you, seriously. There was probably greater variety in opinion in the USSR media, I am not joking. It's been like this all my life, although he winds have turned a bit.

This is one issue where 14Russian will not contradict me, I think. And just to finish of the irony, then the same papers or TV show will then rant on about bout the lack of freedom of press in Russia.

It's very sad, to think of a country that had almost NO serious problem (in my childhood) and then naively "imported" them, and created them. Finland has always throughout history been quite a bit poorer than Sweden, I think as of about 10 years back, it's richer and more successful. They had almost no immigration and are not fanatical about the politically correct ideals.

[end of Hanna's rant against this incredibly frustrating topic]
    By the way, even in the country your hate for is incredible (the United States), the media doesn't usually have issues with depicting aliens the way they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_krsk View Post
    Video: Равенство полов: мужчины должны писать сидя?
    Years ago, I was having a drunken conversation in a gay bar with two lesbian friends -- let's call them Alice and Beth. The conversation went like this...

ALICE: I know we're supposed to be the "LGBT community, but honestly, I just don't understand transsexuals. Would you ever want to change your sex?
    ROB: No, I like being a man. Hooray for penises!
    BETH: And I like being a woman. Hooray for vaginas!
    ALICE: That's what I mean -- I like my body-parts, too. Why would I want to change them??
    ROB: Although... if we aren't talking in scientific terms... I suppose that if Dumbledore offered me a magical instant sex-change potion that would turn me into a woman for just 24 hours, I might try it out of curiosity.
    BETH: Me too, I guess. As long as I would magically turn back to a woman after a day.
    ALICE: Yeah, could be fun to be a guy for 24 hours.
    ROB: So, what would you DO if you had a penis for 24 hours?
    [long pause]
    ALICE: I dunno.
    BETH: That's easy! I'd take the magic pill, then go off into the forest and run around all day marking my territory on trees and pissing my name in the snow!!
    Deborski and Alex_krsk like this.
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Years ago, I was having a drunken conversation in a gay bar with two lesbian friends -- let's call them Alice and Beth. The conversation went like this...

ALICE: I know we're supposed to be the "LGBT community, but honestly, I just don't understand transsexuals. Would you ever want to change your sex?
    ROB: No, I like being a man. Hooray for penises!
    BETH: And I like being a woman. Hooray for vaginas!
    ALICE: That's what I mean -- I like my body-parts, too. Why would I want to change them??
    ROB: Although... if we aren't talking in scientific terms... I suppose that if Dumbledore offered me a magical instant sex-change potion that would turn me into a woman for just 24 hours, I might try it out of curiosity.
    BETH: Me too, I guess. As long as I would magically turn back to a woman after a day.
    ALICE: Yeah, could be fun to be a guy for 24 hours.
    ROB: So, what would you DO if you had a penis for 24 hours?
    [long pause]
    ALICE: I dunno.
    BETH: That's easy! I'd take the magic pill, then go off into the forest and run around all day marking my territory on trees and pissing my name in the snow!!
    Reminds me of a joke...

God asks Adam and Eve to come over to his place, and when they do so, he tells them, "I've got two gifts for you, but you must decide which one each of you is taking" They say, "ok", and God says, "the first gift is the ability to pee upright"; Adam instantly goes mad, starts waving his arms and screaming "I've been dreaming of it my whole life!!!", so God says, "ok, you can pee upright now"; and Adam starts running around everywhere and peeing on everything; God and Eve look at that insanity, when Eve says, "so, God, what's the second gift?" And God says, "Brain! My second gift is brain! But I now have to give brain to Adam too, or I'll have everything here pissed on!"

Подающий надежды оратор
    hi all

at first, when i saw the title of this topic, i curious to see whats inside, because currently im involve with a Russian guy
    anyway, i read all the article and comments here, turn out to an interesting discussion about feminism

its all new things for me lol as i always think that every person (regardless their nationality, gender or anything) are same and also different in their own way but its interesting to see how other people thinks about certain topic

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456