Thread: MR.com manga reading project-part 2

Властелин

Re: 109.1

Quote Originally Posted by MOG
    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    109.1 どーでもいいよ
    109а.1.1 そういえばきのうプリティブライドを見てきてねぇ
    Кстати, я вчера ходила на "Pretty Bride"
    (судя по тому что дальше происходит, так. (<-- 来ています?) Generally, when a sentence ends with a ~て verb, does it usually mean that it's really a ~ている?)
    No, it implies that she is going to tell you more, I mean, the sentence is not finished, but she took a little break in the speach and it seems the sentence is finished. It's not a continuous form of a verb(~ている).
    I see, thanks. How do we know that this is about something that she did, as opposed to something she wanted to do, or was planning to do, or was invited to do, etc?

[quote:3g279aw1]109а.2.1 女子: 誰と行ったのーデートぉ?
    А с кем ходили? Наверное, свидание?
    109а.2.2 ゆかり: まぁねぇー
    Э...
    not sure here. まぁねぇ is a rather positive answer. It's not a direct dinial nor answering yes. I wonder if "Э..." has that kind of nuance [/quote:3g279aw1]
    No it does not, thanks! The strip makes more sense this way, too. I'll translate it as "Ну, типа..." then

Властелин
    BTW, MOGさん, you really impressed me with your understanding of some (imo) finer nuances of Russian language on quite a few occasions, I wonder how did you get there? Have you been reading much Russian literature, or was it something else?

ST
    110-1 とべちよちゃん
    прыгай Чиё-тян

1.1. 黒沢:じゃあ この 英訳をちよちゃん
    ну, тут переведёт Чиё-тян

1.2.ちよ:はい
    ок

2.1.暦:低くて見えないよ
    слишком низко, нчиего не видно...

4.1.とも:あ ごめん...跳ねなくてもいいから
    а, извини, тебе не нужно прыгать...
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

ST
    хех, типа Юкари на "дэйто" ходила с Минамо... забавно.
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

ST
    да, MOGさん жжот, что тут говорить...

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин
    BTW, MOGさん, you really impressed me with your understanding of some (imo) finer nuances of Russian language on quite a few occasions, I wonder how did you get there? Have you been reading much Russian literature, or was it something else?
    Thanks for the compliment. Um, I don't read literature so much, 'cause I'm not so fond of it. But I suppose there are a lot to learn from it. So, I try to read some when I have time, but I don't think I've got such fine nuances of Russian language from it. Actually, I myself am impressed, too, with the instant understanding of Russian after I began studying it. That impression have always been kept motivating me to study the language, feeling that I could get quite high level of understanding in Russian, hopefully be able to speak as good as the native speakers in the near future, without going to a Russian-speaking country. It is quite simple and even na

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин

109.1 どーでもいいよ
    (судя по тому что дальше происходит, так. (<-- 来ています?) Generally, when a sentence ends with a ~て verb, does it usually mean that it's really a ~ている?)
    No, it implies that she is going to tell you more, I mean, the sentence is not finished, but she took a little break in the speach and it seems the sentence is finished. It's not a continuous form of a verb(~ている).
    I see, thanks. How do we know that this is about something that she did, as opposed to something she wanted to do, or was planning to do, or was invited to do, etc?
    'cuse me, can't see what you want to know about? About the sentence that supposed to come after the first unfinished sentence? There's nothing that implies that it is about somthing she did

Властелин
    [quote=MOG]
    Thanks for the compliment. Um, I don't read literature so much, 'cause I'm not so fond of it. But I suppose there are a lot to learn from it. So, I try to read some when I have time, but I don't think I've got such fine nuances of Russian language from it. Actually, I myself am impressed, too, with the instant understanding of Russian after I began studying it. That impression have always been kept motivating me to study the language, feeling that I could get quite high level of understanding in Russian, hopefully be able to speak as good as the native speakers in the near future, without going to a Russian-speaking country. It is quite simple and even na

Властелин

109.1 どーでもいいよ
    'cuse me, can't see what you want to know about? About the sentence that supposed to come after the first unfinished sentence? There's nothing that implies that it is about somthing she did
    But in the 2nd frame a girl asks 誰と行ったの -- which means that she quite clearly understood that Yukari did actually go to the movies, no?

Властелин
    BTW, has anyone noticed that our old manga reading thread is exactly 1000 replies long now? Probably the longest one on this site too...

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин
    One of the reasons that I've got some knowledge on the language was that there's a quite nice dictionary and it has been provided me with a lot in understanding the language. I've read through most of the words that I thought important and checked all the usage of the words. It surely helped me a lot. Anyone dare to do this, for it requires quite a few efforts, but I guess this is very important in building up the foundation of a language, especially if you learn it after you grew up.
    Interesting, I know other people who did that and got good results -- perhaps I should try that too. It is also a matter of finding a good dictionary, of course. I have smth called Kodansha's Furigana English-Japanese Dictionary, it has only the most common words, but it does have a good number of examples. Are you using a J->R or a R->J dictionary?
    On the other hand, for us Kanji in Context is probably even better, as it utilizes the structure of the Japanese language in a nice regular way. I doubt something like that would be possible in Russian or English...
    I'm using R->J dictionary, definitely, because, what I'm learning is Russian I think something like Kanji in Context surely works in Russian, and also maybe in English. Many of the words in Russian have logical structure, made of the combination of a prefix and a stem of a verb, which makes quite easy for me to image und remember newly encountered words, and with some context, I could get finer nuances. On top of that, there are only a few prefixes in Russian that you can count the number easily, which makes it easier to learn Russian compared to learning Japanese. I guess why the miracle didn't happen to me in studying English is that there are different type of combination to represent the same things in English: phrasal verbs! They have been always vague for me, I can't remember them instantly and they are confusing to each other

[quote:bazsmomm]What I think is the biggest motive to learn it was that I fell in love with a girl from Ukraine We knew each other soon after I've entered the university, she was also just came here, I've always longing to see and talk to her, tried to meet her as much as I could, and wrote e-mails, and so on. You can't be in such a situation since you have your wife, I guess, if you are honest person?
    It doesn't mean I don't know the feeling ; one day you'll have a wife too (maybe that girl? ) It certainly adds to the motivation. Where is she from (in Ukraine), btw? [/quote:bazsmomm]
    I know a few girls from Ukraine and they are all from Kiev. Ahh, if my memory serves correctly, another girl from Israel is originary from Odessa, I guess.

[quote:bazsmomm] For my deepest depression, now she's leaving in a month! What can I do?
    Well, does she know about it all? [/quote:bazsmomm]
    She knows that love her and has been a good friend for me but it's a bit different from that I want to marry her: you could say that it's a sort of Platonic love

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин

109.1 どーでもいいよ
    But in the 2nd frame a girl asks 誰と行ったの -- which means that she quite clearly understood that Yukari did actually go to the movies, no?
    Now I see what you mean You can divide the sentence into two parts.
    そういえば昨日プリティブライドを見てきたの。それでね...
    You see this sentence is about what she did
    I'm not sure how it call grammatically, but the structure with 「~て」 is the same as that in a sentense like:
    昨日プリティブライドを見てきて思ったことには
    I suppose you could see now. Tell me if you have further questions.

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин
    BTW, has anyone noticed that our old manga reading thread is exactly 1000 replies long now? Probably the longest one on this site too...
    Yeah, and you started the thread and closed it with exactly 1000th reply. That's beautifull

ST
    110-2 先生質問
    вопрос учителю

1.1. ゆかり: はい、今日はここまで
    ну, на сегодня все

2.1.大阪:先生
    учитель

3.1.大阪:さっきの授業でわからへん所があったんですけど
    на недавнем уроке была одна непонятная вещь...

3.2.ゆかり:ん?どこ?
    а? где?

4.1.大阪:結局映画は黒沢先生と行ったんですか?
    в конечном итоге, с кем Куросава-сенсей была в кино?

4.1.ゆかり:うるさいな
    замолчи :Е

Властелин
    I'm using R->J dictionary, definitely, because, what I'm learning is Russian I think something like Kanji in Context surely works in Russian, and also maybe in English. Many of the words in Russian have logical structure, made of the combination of a prefix and a stem of a verb, which makes quite easy for me to image und remember newly encountered words, and with some context, I could get finer nuances.
    Interesting. I didn't realize this would actually work, although, thinking more about it, it does make sense.

I know a few girls from Ukraine and they are all from Kiev.
    I see. I thought there was some exchange program at the Kiev National University (iirc), perhaps that's what it is?

[quote:8utsookn][quote:8utsookn] For my deepest depression, now she's leaving in a month! What can I do?
    Well, does she know about it all? [/quote:8utsookn]
    She knows that love her and has been a good friend for me but it's a bit different from that I want to marry her: you could say that it's a sort of Platonic love [/quote:8utsookn]
    well marrying might be too early but it does not mean you can't see each other again good luck...

Властелин

You see this sentence is about what she did [/quote]
    I see... So it can usually be assumed that when I see an incomplete sentence like that it most likely refers to past events, right?
    I'm not sure how it call grammatically, but the structure with 「~て」 is the same as that in a sentense like:
    昨日プリティブライドを見てきて思ったことには
    ahh... If I just looked at that last sentense alone, I'd probably get confused too, and read it as something like "As for what I thought after (about??) going to the movies yesterday...."

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин
    I know a few girls from Ukraine and they are all from Kiev.
    I see. I thought there was some exchange program at the Kiev National University (iirc), perhaps that's what it is?
    I don't know. might be that but I guess it's not an exchange program...

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин

You see this sentence is about what she did
    I see... So it can usually be assumed that when I see an incomplete sentence like that it most likely refers to past events, right?
    can't say every incomplete sentence refers to past events... frankly, not sure. But with 「~して」 or 「~してきて」, it does refers to past events, I bet. If a sentence is incomplete and the end of it is 「~したとして」「~したとすると」, it respresents an assumption... on the second thought, it might not be included in a case, because you might not likely to stop your speach before telling what you want to say... anyway,

[quote:218q9woc]I'm not sure how it call grammatically, but the structure with 「~て」 is the same as that in a sentense like:
    昨日プリティブライドを見てきて思ったことには
    ahh... If I just looked at that last sentense alone, I'd probably get confused too, and read it as something like "As for what I thought after (about??) going to the movies yesterday...."[/quote:218q9woc]
    You're right. And it's defintely "after" going to the movies yesterday. 「~してきて」 shows that it is a completed action

ST
    тут что то опять полная...

Кажется они шутят над акцентом Осаки...

111-1 やのに

1.1. 大阪:ゆかり先生美人やのにー
    Юкари-сенсей красивая やのに

1.1. ゆかり:なのに何よ
    что за なのに?

2.1. とも:だよなー 黙ってりゃいい線だよな
    だよな- молчание это хорошая линия (???)

2.2. ゆかり:そお?
    ну?

4.1. ゆかり:ちょっとそれじゃまるでしゃべるとダメって言ってるみたいじゃない
    погоди немного, получается так говорить нельзя?

4.2. とも:みたいじゃなくてそう言ってんですよ
    похоже что нельзя

MOG
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by ST
    тут что то опять полная...

Кажется они шутят над акцентом Осаки...

111-1 やのに

1.1. 大阪:ゆかり先生美人やのにー
    Юкари-сенсей красивая やのに

1.1. ゆかり:なのに何よ
    что за なのに?

2.1. とも:だよなー 黙ってりゃいい線だよな
    だよな- молчание это хорошая линия (???)

2.2. ゆかり:そお?
    ну?

4.1. ゆかり:ちょっとそれじゃまるでしゃべるとダメって言ってるみたいじゃない
    погоди немного, получается так говорить нельзя?

4.2. とも:みたいじゃなくてそう言ってんですよ
    похоже что нельзя
    Юкари-сенсей касивая, но...
    Но, что?
    Да, Вы хороши, когда молчаете
    Правда?
    Ну, тогда, похоже что ты скажешь так, как я не хороша, когда я говорю

not sure about the translation there should be mistakes in Russian.
    やのに is なのに in 関西弁.
    There's a phrase いい線いく
    It's about that something has a certain quality. Here, it means that she looks quite beatiful(if she doesn't speak). Spoken language.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast