Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EASIEST SCANDINAVIAN LANGUAGE

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenya
    well all speculations, but VM couldn't this just be an amusing coinsidence, all of those Croatian connections you make...Im sure he could be mistaken for many other things...
    You are tooo rational .... stop it, stop making sense :P

Почтенный гражданин
    heh
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

Почтенный гражданин

Easiest Scandinavian language for den Engelska

At least in the early stages, Swedish is the easiest for an English speaker to learn.Danish pronunciation is harder to master.Though, my knowledge of Norwegian is minimal.Can someone tell me how much extra study would one have to do to speak Norwegian well, if they already speak a little Swedish and Danish.Is it half way between the two languages.
    Stay away form Icelandic, if ease is your purpose.Finnish? HA! Beautiful language, but grammatically the most difficult language I've ever experienced.Unless you're Hungarian (or Turkish, which uses suffixes and stuffs letters in THE MIDDLE of word, of all places), then Finnish is a no go zone for ease of learning.
    Previous persons here (quite a way back) said they thought Danish was a gorgeous language.Then others responded saying it was ugly.Well me? I think they're both right.In the right mouth, it's smooth and without abrupt sounds.Hence I agree that "Native Danish women sound sexy".But in the wrong mouth, people can sound (forgive political incorrectness) like they're retarded, especially when they shout.Because it is a mumbled language.It's the most touch-and-go, as far as aesthetics.I find that sometimes, I feel beauty when speaking it.Other times, I catch myself sounding mentally handi-capped.
    I'm sure Danes would think it's quite funny people saying Danish pronunciation is hard.Because in fact, its really a lazier/minimal, therefore easier, version of the rest of Germanic language prounciation.The difficulty lays more in telling the difference bewteen two word that sound the same.It takes less energy to speak, but take more enrgy to listen.Swedish, English and German would be the total opposite.More energy to say the hard consonants, but easier to hear them when someone spits those consonants at you.I can't imagine many people in Denmark complaining "My teacher/friend/sister spits when they speak".

Завсегдатай

Re: Easiest Scandinavian language for den Engelska

Quote Originally Posted by brett
    I can't imagine many people in Denmark complaining "My teacher/friend/sister spits when they speak".
    I know a person who's Danish and I'd rather ask for directions in Wales than have that guy make a speech in front of me.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456