Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scandinavian language in your country?

Почтенный гражданин

Scandinavian language in your country?

Fellows, fellows. Now we have to do something. The Scandinavian lounge is the least used in this entire forum and now I think it
    blame Canada

Подающий надежды оратор
    I love everything about the Scandinavian countries... apart from the weather I'd like to move there one day...
    I was getting round to learning Norwegian last year as I found a relly nice book for beginners in a shop, with a cassette. But since improving my English & Russian takes me plenty of time I could hardly find more to start learning another language. Maybe one day...
    In Poland all Scandinavian countries are highly admired but only few universities offer studying Scandinavian languages. If you decide to take up such course tou have to prepare to "defeat" around 15 competitors.

Почтенный гражданин
    I'm still friends with a lovely Norwegian. Any more lovely stories about lovely Norwegians? I'd take one about an affable Norwegian, in fact. Or a taciturn Finn. Not strictly Scandinavian, I suppose.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by joysof
    Or a taciturn Finn. Not strictly Scandinavian, I suppose.
    Don't give me no Finns. They are simply wanna-be Russians. Same winter caps (but not quite up to the standard). Same steam bathes (not quite up to the standard again). Same drinking habits (not quite up to the standard either).
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by bad manners
    Quote Originally Posted by joysof
    Or a taciturn Finn. Not strictly Scandinavian, I suppose.
    Don't give me no Finns. They are simply wanna-be Russians. Same winter caps (but not quite up to the standard). Same steam bathes (not quite up to the standard again). Same drinking habits (not quite up to the standard either).
    Lovely high cheekbones, though.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Завсегдатай
    Jag heter Tivarp!

Почтенный гражданин
    ojojoj Tivarp, har du l
    blame Canada

Завсегдатай
    Ahhh! I don't understand what you're saying! I just thought it was funny because I google searched for "Tivarp" and it came up in a Swedish name list.

Почтенный гражданин
    haha, that
    blame Canada

Почтенный гражданин

Finns are NO wanna-bes

Finns are NO wanna-bes at all, although their land have been owned, for most of its life-time, by the swedes, and then lost to russia in war, it has always remained its own national consious!

Even if the finnish are very similar to the swedish, culturally (A Swedish person feel very at home in Finland, and most Finns learn Swedish in school), They are NO wanna bes what so ever!

If your interested in the Finnish (and also to great extent the swedish and mutual samic) spirit, read something of the author Arto Paasilinna who captures the northern soul!

Finally there are no better "Saunas" (or "Bastu", in Swedish) than in Finland , and I have tried them in both Suomi, Sverige and in Rossija!

Best Regards
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

Почтенный гражданин
    [EDIT]Leave it, stupid comment.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Увлечённый спикер
    perhaps Finnish is the next language I'd like to master after Russian. Eventhough there are no Scandinavian around me, I'd be very glad to learn this language. In pursue of learning new technologies have forced me to learn quite a lot of language, Finnish is one of them, due to my interest in Linux and also in some of computer related research in University of Helsinki . I'd be very grateful for assistance in learning this language .
    -- Human knowledge belongs to the world --
    -- Знания людей принадлежат миру --

Почтенный гражданин

I can help you a little...

I know several languages amongst them, English, Russian, French, and Swedish, due to my knowledge in Swedish, and that Swedish culture (and some basic words) is so simillar to Finnish I have learned a bit, though the languages is otherwise very different...

So I can help you a little, although if you'd been interested in Swedish, instead of Finnish (when you said you wanted to learn a Scandinavian language) I could have helped you a lot more....

Почтенный гражданин
    Finnish and Swedish are like English and Mandarin. They don
    blame Canada

Yes but the, due to their common history and close cultures, they have words the are really the same...

Storgatan - Torikatu
    Spelm

Почтенный гражданин
    Swedish acctually also have "many" words incommon with Persian that are exactly identical....For example the word for "Roof" which in both Swedish and Persian is "Tak" So even though I one doesn't generally think of Swedish as a close language to Persian, it has got more incommon than you'd think

Почтенный гражданин
    Swedish acctually also have "many" words incommon with Persian that are exactly identical....For example the word for "Roof" which in both Swedish and Persian is "Tak" So even though I one doesn't generally think of Swedish as a close language to Persian, it has got more incommon than you'd think
    mm that
    blame Canada

Почтенный гражданин
    Preciselly, while the slight simillarites in some words between Swedish and Finnish come from their mutual history and their geografical closeness...

Почтенный гражданин
    Preciselly, while the slight simillarites in some words between Swedish and Finnish come from their mutual history and their geografical closeness...
    oooh, you
    blame Canada

I always classed scandinavian langauges as easy, now i lived on the scottish island of Shetland, and they speak there norwegian the majority of the time aswell as english and gaeliic its so interesting. .. . i learned to speak norwegian there and now i feel as though i have a good command of it!

Well. . as i said i thought of scandinavian languages as easy but there are some difficulties to each one which is a pain and i am going to try describ eit!
    Danish, easy to learn you know fairly simple grammar, and then pronounciation SO DIFFICULT, so therefore anybody who wants to be a good linguist you know that way you have perfected it. . this is a BIG flaw well. . to me because you cant tell the pronounciation like you can in say, German, Spanish etc BLOODY ST

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast